2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Story on Swindon’s Aussie owner

Swindon are still having problems paying their staff and players, they have just received a suspended 3pt deduction by the Football League.

Swindon Town: League Two club given suspended three-point deduction

Last edited:
Two different protests by Oldham fans against the owner, Abdallah Lemsagam. Since he took over in Jan 2018 Oldham have been relegated to the bottom tier and now sit bottom of the whole league structure. There have been 9 changes of manager in the 3 and half years of this owner.

Two different protests by Oldham fans against the owner, Abdallah Lemsagam. Since he took over in Jan 2018 Oldham have been relegated to the bottom tier and now sit bottom of the whole league structure. There have been 9 changes of manager in the 3 and half years of this owner.

It makes Kewell's efforts seem reasonable at the club.
He had them comfortably away from the relegation zone and were mid table.

We've pretty much got worse with each managerial appointment.

We were 12th in League Two and seven points off the play-offs when Frank Bunn got the sack.

The academy coach and lifelong Latics fan, Pete Wild, did great when he stood in for a few games, including an away win in the FA Cup over Fulham.

Let's not mention Paul Scholes.

Kewell was doing ok. 16th place and improving.

This owner sells our best players and sacks coaches when they are doing ok. I don't think he has the club's best interests at heart.

We've pretty much got worse with each managerial appointment.

We were 12th in League Two and seven points off the play-offs when Frank Bunn got the sack.

The academy coach and lifelong Latics fan, Pete Wild, did great when he stood in for a few games, including an away win in the FA Cup over Fulham.

Let's not mention Paul Scholes.

Kewell was doing ok. 16th place and improving.

This owner sells our best players and sacks coaches when they are doing ok. I don't think he has the club's best interests at heart.

Very few owners have the club's interests at heart.

Very few owners have the club's interests at heart.

What is your thinking on their motivations? Because I'm stumped if I can work out what Abdallah Lemsagam wants with my club. What's the point of owning a club if you take them continually downwards?

What is your thinking on their motivations? Because I'm stumped if I can work out what Abdallah Lemsagam wants with my club. What's the point of owning a club if you take them continually downwards?

$$, or the vanity of owning the club. Our owners for instance are only interested in sucking any and all transfer fees out of the club.

You would think a club being successful would improve the finances if that was their goal. Or personal prestige/vanity aspect.

You would think a club being successful would improve the finances if that was their goal. Or personal prestige/vanity aspect.

You would think that, and most fans watch clubs' actions and don't understand. For instance, if we were more proactive in re-signing players to long term deals we would have received much greater transfer fees for players like Robertson, Maguire, Tymon, and others, but penny pinching and incompetence meant they lost out. People make the mistake in assuming that football club owners know what they're doing.

Delusions of grandeur. And an assumption that if they were good at X, they'll also be good at Y.

So if a club is struggling, they think their intervention will turn it around. When most of the time, it makes things worse.

Most owners buy a club with good intentions and a genuine plan to make them a success and profitable, but there are some that are so incompetent they have no right owning a toothbrush let alone a football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's clear they still want to leave the present League structure. His view is solely for clubs and players at the elite end - players who play Prem. and represent their nation. They don't want their squads to be held back by what they see as an archaic league structure and associated fixturing.
I don't blame Pep. This is his job.
But I do feel the wheels will keep turning and the Super Euro League thingy will eventually happen.
I just wonder how many lower clubs like Oldham, Derby, Bury, Reading .... etc etc will have the financial life sucked out of them by trying to compete where competing is well nigh impossible.

Carlisle were thumped 4-0 this morning away to newbies Sutton United and have now dropped to 17th, and with Barrow's 2-1 win against Newport the day before we finish the round as the second best team in Cumbria, the first time in over 50 years we are not Cumbria's best football team. :mad:

Third loss in a row for the Dons, Plymouth and Shewsbury we should have got something out of but last night was simply a flogging 3-0 to Rotherham.

Have a game Saturday to try and get some momentum back and then our away match against MK Dons has been postponed due to international duties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back