2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

A great result for the Cumbrians, a 2-0 win over Stevenage sees them jump out the relegation places to 21st. We have now won two or our last three and closed the gap between ourselves and a number of clubs (Colchester, Barrowm Salford and Rochdale) near the bottom of League Two.

Both bottom clubs, Oldham and S(unthorpe drew, also closing the gap between themselves and the teams above them, they are just 3pts behind Carlisle and Stevenage, and both are playing a better quality of football, Oldham have won two and drawn one of their last six, and S(campaignerhorpe are undefeated in their last four.

McGree is doing really well at Birmingham. Got the MLS contract issue to deal with though. If he stays in the championsip a bit longer he’ll play Premier League.
It's an interesting position for him, one of those situations where the club he's loaned at is better than his current parent club. At his age, he'd be much better off staying in the Championship rather than rotting away in the MLS. If he was 30, maybe, but not 23.

It's an interesting position for him, one of those situations where the club he's loaned at is better than his current parent club. At his age, he'd be much better off staying in the Championship rather than rotting away in the MLS. If he was 30, maybe, but not 23.

Rotting away? The MLS isn't what it once was, plenty of top end talent go through the MLS.

Bostonian, Longman having a really good spell with us at the moment and scored a cracker on the weekend. Apparently there's no option to buy which is surprising, but wonder if we could make something happen.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Bostonian, Longman having a really good spell with us at the moment and scored a cracker on the weekend. Apparently there's no option to buy which is surprising, but wonder if we could make something happen.

We tend not to have buy clauses on loan deals for young players.

Ben White is a pretty good example of why we probably don't.

He's following a similar path too with loans to league one then Championship.

He always looked like a bit of a unit in photos so not surprising he can handle the physicality of that league and do well.

No idea what our plans would be with him to be honest.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Crypto bros starting to take interest in the lower leagues.

This dude wants to take Bedford from the South Midlands League Division 1 up to the PL.

And these guys want to buy Bradford City.

Apparently all they did was send an email to the current owner, and then went straight to the Washington Post ....

What lower league clubs need are owners with delusions of grandeur.

Crypto bros starting to take interest in the lower leagues.

This dude wants to take Bedford from the South Midlands League Division 1 up to the PL.

And these guys want to buy Bradford City.

Apparently all they did was send an email to the current owner, and then went straight to the Washington Post ....

What lower league clubs need are owners with delusions of grandeur.

Precisely why football needs more regulation.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

You love to see it :D seriously, it's been a pretty decent recovery from Forest since they have Hudghton the ass, Stevie Copper working his magic at The City Ground.

9 game undefeated and well in playoff contention now. Things can change remarkably quick in the championship after a change of gaffer. Fascinating league (wouldn't want to be back there though)

Blackburn only one point off 2nd after 5 wins in a row. I'd love to see them back in the big time.

Amazing considering a lot of their supporters were calling for Mowbray's head after a 7-0 loss to Fulham.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why is it always us??
Bolton are riddled with injuries and slowly sliding down the League One table.
Now this….
14 players, 4 staff and the Manager are all COVID positive. Games postponed until further notice.
WTF !!!

Why is it always us??
Now this….
14 players, 4 staff and the Manager are all COVID positive. Games postponed until further notice.
WTF !!!

Isn't that a good thing? Delayed games until injuries are back.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Isn't that a good thing? Delayed games until injuries are back.
Maybe. We could sure use a breather on the injury front, so on that a delay of games is good.
But the training ground is closed and everybody is isolating. So we may come out of it a bit underdone with a back log of games.
Plus will COVID have an effect on the players long term health?
Who knows?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Why is it always us??
Now this….
WTF !!!

It's not much consolation right now, but been there (pre covid days as a Leeds fan) myself, suffering the indignity of league one football, and having my club becoming perilously close to folding/going bankrupt under Ken Bates.

It doesn't mate if we get relegated from the Premier League, I am just grateful I still have a lifelong club to support and cherish, no matter what, if Leeds folded, I almost would be done with the (English) Game. I would still follow and go to Melbourne City games naturally and the Socceroos.

Actually knew a very decent Bolton Wanderers married couple years ago at Melbourne Heart Games/Twitter (think the Hubby convinced his wife to support Bolton, bless him), always meant to ask him why he chose to follow Bolton but never got around to it.

Most people here would be astonished if not downright amused as to the real reason why I chose to support Leeds United, it's a bit embarrassing in hindsight, but if I had to do it all over, I wouldn't change a thing, met so many great people and so many enjoyable times over the (nearly) 3 decades I have supported #LUFC, I grew up and raises without a father or indeed a sports family, I was always destined to be a supporter of Super Leeds.

This is not a joke either, family and friends have always let me down in my life, but Leeds United never will (nor Carlton or the other sports teams I passionately follow)

Just got to hang in there mate, hopefully the good times (sooner rather than later) will happen to the Wanky Wanderers again.

I myself probably overcompensate being a mad Leeds fan on this board, but I am certainly going to try enjoy the great times we have either in the top flight or with Bielsa left (there is an almost depressed acceptance amongst the LUFC community El Loco won't be manager next season), anyhow hang in there with Bolton mate.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's not much consolation right now, but been there (pre covid days as a Leeds fan) myself, suffering the indignity of league one football, and having my club becoming perilously close to folding/going bankrupt under Ken Bates.

It doesn't mate if we get relegated from the Premier League, I am just grateful I still have a lifelong club to support and cherish, no matter what, if Leeds folded, I almost would be done with the (English) Game. I would still follow and go to Melbourne City games naturally and the Socceroos.

Actually knew a very decent Bolton Wanderers married couple years ago at Melbourne Heart Games/Twitter (think the Hubby convinced his wife to support Bolton, bless him), always meant to ask him why he chose to follow Bolton but never got around to it.

Most people here would be astonished if not downright amused as to the real reason why I chose to support Leeds United, it's a bit embarrassing in hindsight, but if I had to do it all over, I wouldn't change a thing, met so many great people and so many enjoyable times over the (nearly) 3 decades I have supported #LUFC, I grew up and raises without a father or indeed a sports family, I was always destined to be a supporter of Super Leeds.

This is not a joke either, family and friends have always let me down in my life, but Leeds United never will (nor Carlton or the other sports teams I passionately follow)

Just got to hang in there mate, hopefully the good times (sooner rather than later) will happen to the Wanky Wanderers again.

I myself probably overcompensate being a mad Leeds fan on this board, but I am certainly going to try enjoy the great times we have either in the top flight or with Bielsa left (there is an almost depressed acceptance amongst the LUFC community El Loco won't be manager next season), anyhow hang in there with Bolton mate.
Great post mate!
Like you love Leeds, I love my club.
Love it’s history as a founding member of the League, it’s amazing successes and yes you have to put up with its crushing losses and lows too.
Ive seen us finish as high as 6th in the Premier League and play well in Europe.
Seen us in League Cup Finals & FA Cup Semis.
Amazing Wembley play off victories and heartbreaking play off losses.
Plus I’ve seen winding up orders, multiple points deductions, player walk outs and repeated relegations. Finally ending up flat broke in League Two, one week away from folding and being thrown out of the league.
I can’t even remember why I chose to support Bolton Wanderers. I think I just liked the quirky name.
But I wouldn’t change a thing.

Why is it always us??
Now this….
WTF !!!
Carlisle United went through the COVID crap last season, we didn't play a game for almost the entire month of January, we had about 10/12 players and a few coaches and staff members out. It totally destroyed any momentum we were building, at the time we were on top of the League Two table, and it took more than a month after returning before we recorded another victory. By mid-March we had dropped to 14th and because we were playing two games a week every week we fell away, we eventually finished 10th but we should have been promoted.

I hope the same doesn't happen to Bolton, but with such a large number of players out it could be difficult as the players can feel a little lethargic early on in their return, at least that is what our Manager said happened to our players last season.

All the best

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

I understand the rationale for the parachute payments but is it fair on the other Championship clubs? For example, Fulham have received £83,636,000 over a three year period. Huddersfield £90,896,000. But clubs who have only been in the Championship during that period, like Forest and Blackburn, only got £13.950,000. Clubs like Hull and Peterborough that have been in League 1 got even less.

I'm a bit stumped of how to give some financial protection to clubs relegated from the Premier League but also give a level playing field in the Championship.

SM What do you think?

Back