2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Not sure if Lampard staying would be a sure thing, I think Everton would have a crack at luring Rooney from Derby again. It would suit Rooney's managerial career path better now that we'll be in the championship. Get Everton back into the PL, stay a few years to settle the ship and then off to United.

I just hope we keep Gordon & Gray, both young and full of talent that can win games alone. Get rid of the dead wastes and bring in some hard working top-tier Championship footballers.

I think Pickford/DCL/Richy/Allan/Doucoure will all go. Likely Keane gets sold (Hopefully), Coleman will stay, Holgate I'm not so sure but he strikes me as the type to force a move. Godfrey not sure but he'd be a nice one to keep. Iwobi would struggle to find another club, would be handy in the Championship if he stays but he's on good coin I believe.

Squad aside, the board & club owners need sorting out as well. It's going to be a whirlwind few years for Everton but maybe what the club needs to re-find itself.

This is the other benefit of a relegation, clean out the dead wood much quicker and more effectively than you would by staying up in 17th.

Hello my new friends, how goes it here.
I hope to see you in League One in 2023/24.:D

Do you know that Carlisle have never lost to Everton in a League game? We are 2 from 2, winning 3-2 at Goodison Park and 3-0 at Brunton Park.

Carlisle native Paul Simpson has agreed to manage Carlisle for the next three seasons.

Paul Simpson agrees three-year deal to remain Carlisle United manager

Simpson's first stint at Carlisle began in 2003 where the Cumbrians had only won once (and drawn twice) in their first 21 games and were almost 20 points from safety, yet he almost pulled off the miracle survival finishing only four points away from avoiding relegation (Scun-thorpe was the team that finished just above us) to the conference. In the next two seasons he lead Carlisle to promotion back to the Football League and then the League Two title in 2005/06 before being coaxed away by Preston North End who were at the time playing in the Championship.

It would have been interesting to see how Carlisle would have performed if Simpson stayed on beyond the 2005/06 season, all the players loved playing for him, we had two excellent strikers in Karl Hawley and Danny Graham (who ended up playing EPL for Swansea) who both were happy to stay and we were more than competitive in League One finishing 8th in the first season and 4th in the second. Who knows we may have won promotion to the Championship and things could be very different to what we see now.:(

Anyway, I'm happy and optimistic for the upcoming seasons. Go the Blues :)

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Wigan and Rotherham i.e. the Norwich and Fulham of a tier below, are back in the Championship.
Wimbledon get relegated for the first time. Morecambe survive, so are now the only club in the top 4 leagues to never be relegated.

Are Wigan really a yo-yo club? They really shouldn't have even been relegated the other year, they were in administration after looking brilliant for most of the season. They belong at least in the Championship.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bolton got through our tricky final game v Fleetwood who were playing for their place in the division. They scored early, but we got ‘em 4-2.
Fleetwood managed to survive anyway as everyone below them blew it.
Great finish to the league by us, unbeaten in the last 8, with wins in our last 4 on the trot & a top 10 finish first year back in. Very happy.
Hard luck to MK Dons, they are the last team to beat us & I consider them the best side in League One, but it’s the playoffs for them.
If I was having a guess I’d go MK v Sunderland in the playoff final with MK winning.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bolton got through our tricky final game v Fleetwood who were playing for their place in the division. They scored early, but we got ‘em 4-2.
Fleetwood managed to survive anyway as everyone below them blew it.
Great finish to the league by us, unbeaten in the last 8, with wins in our last 4 on the trot & a top 10 finish first year back in. Very happy.
Hard luck to MK Dons, they are the last team to beat us & I consider them the best side in League One, but it’s the playoffs for them.
If I was having a guess I’d go MK v Sunderland in the playoff final with MK winning.

Rotherham only let MK Dons back in contention for auto promotion because they were also juggling the Papa John's as well, they really should have had it sewn up weeks ago. The best two teams went up.

BuffDog

Club Legend
Nov 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I was a bit worried we might bottle it to Bournemouth but wow 7-0 win and Mitro breaking the post war championship scoring record. Brilliant way to close out the title!!!

COYWWWWWWWWW

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
My club since 1994 … I’ve seen us in every division …. And next year it’s back to the premiership!! UTF ⚫⚪

Attachments

• F6D65DBC-F992-4759-A909-DFED080D2BC6.jpeg
    F6D65DBC-F992-4759-A909-DFED080D2BC6.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 31
So who is getting the 3rd spot? Wouldn't mind Forest or Luton Town.
Yeah, either of those two, it'd be good to see a new team to the prem or one that hasn't been in it for 25 years. Huddersfield and Sheffield have had recent stints, they can stay down for a bit longer.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Biggest play off crowd from any division ever overnight.
League One - Sunderland 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0 in front of 45,000.

Back