2021/22 Melbourne Victory Thread - 2021 FFA Cup Champions!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Davidson's disallowed goal at 0:35 in the reverse fixture is why last night was the correct decision. At least Kelava was being obstructed whether he could make the save or not. In this one Margiotta didn't really affect their keeper's attempt to save it, but that's the letter of the law.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Must be found and banned! No room for f@ckwits like these people at our club anymore!

I would like to think that we've come far enough since the "shielas, wogs and NTTAWWTtas" days that others in the crowd would've pointed them out at the time.

I'm generally inclined to believe victims in this situation - why make it up? - but I would've hoped that the Victory/VicPol would've had some names and faces to post about immediately after the game.

Of course, this all assumes that the seccos are doing their jobs properly.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
are we every gonna get back to a full round again??

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS V MELBOURNE VICTORY ISUZU UTE A-LEAGUE MEN’S MATCH POSTPONED

Melbourne Victory along with the A-Leagues can confirm our Isuzu UTE A-League Men’s clash with Western Sydney Wanderers at CommBank Stadium on Sunday 16 January has been postponed due to positive COVID cases within the Melbourne Victory team.

The Melbourne Victory Men’s football department confirmed positive COVID-19 cases via RAT or PCR testing on January 10 and 11. The A-Leagues protocols continue to be effective for screening and subsequent RAT and PCR testing in detecting the virus and ensuring immediate isolation.

The primary concern is for the health, wellbeing and safety of all players, staff and their families. All positive cases and those close to them are adhering to relevant state government health directives, in close consultation with the A-Leagues.

The A-Leagues will continue to work with the clubs on confirming a new schedule for the postponed match as soon as possible.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
are we every gonna get back to a full round again??

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS V MELBOURNE VICTORY ISUZU UTE A-LEAGUE MEN’S MATCH POSTPONED

Melbourne Victory along with the A-Leagues can confirm our Isuzu UTE A-League Men’s clash with Western Sydney Wanderers at CommBank Stadium on Sunday 16 January has been postponed due to positive COVID cases within the Melbourne Victory team.

The Melbourne Victory Men’s football department confirmed positive COVID-19 cases via RAT or PCR testing on January 10 and 11. The A-Leagues protocols continue to be effective for screening and subsequent RAT and PCR testing in detecting the virus and ensuring immediate isolation.

The primary concern is for the health, wellbeing and safety of all players, staff and their families. All positive cases and those close to them are adhering to relevant state government health directives, in close consultation with the A-Leagues.

The A-Leagues will continue to work with the clubs on confirming a new schedule for the postponed match as soon as possible.

Our squad's out until the 19th of Jan in that case. Giving us a week to prepare for Sydney FC on the 25th.

Hopefully some games can be brought forward this weekend. Wellington Phoenix vs Glory would make sense.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yes it was the correct call to disallow the goal! you can't have a player lying between the keepers legs lol no matter how impossible it would have been for Kelava to save it!

Not only that but the player gets up and interferes with the keeper. He is between the player shooting and the keeper also so definitely offside. I see Adelaide United fans claiming it would have been a goal anyway - well that's irrelevant as Kelava was impeded in his attempts to save by an offside opponent.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Must be found and banned! No room for f@ckwits like these people at our club anymore!

Absolutely, this sort of garbage is from the old days and should never be tolerated today.. Can tell you from my contacts the club and stadium operators are working hard to find the culprits. My expectation is a ban, significant fine, and making them complete an education program before they can attend a game again. Would also expect the culprits to apologise in person to Cavallo over zoom if he was ok with it and both clubs were happy to arrange it.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
Absolutely, this sort of garbage is from the old days and should never be tolerated today.. Can tell you from my contacts the club and stadium operators are working hard to find the culprits. My expectation is a ban, significant fine, and making them complete an education program before they can attend a game again. Would also expect the culprits to apologise in person to Cavallo over zoom if he was ok with it and both clubs were happy to arrange it.

Depending on the section of the crowd, I think it will be hard to identify the alleged offenders.

Agree re education program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Depending on the section of the crowd, I think it will be hard to identify the alleged offenders.

Agree re education program.

Was just a handful of clowns apparently but yes difficult to track them down if they are amongst the main NT group. CCTV tech is pretty good these days though, that hopefully helps track them down.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I worry about the sorts of schedules we'll be facing later if these Rona postponements keep happening. If some teams are less affected than others it will be a huge advantage. We've got some pretty decent depth this season to ride it out but if we start copping a few injuries through a block of rescheduled games then we might be screwed. I'm actually starting to dread what the AFL season is going to look like now.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I worry about the sorts of schedules we'll be facing later if these Rona postponements keep happening. If some teams are less affected than others it will be a huge advantage. We've got some pretty decent depth this season to ride it out but if we start copping a few injuries through a block of rescheduled games then we might be screwed. I'm actually starting to dread what the AFL season is going to look like now.

My understanding is ISO requirements for pretty much any close contacts to positive cases are going to be scrapped for those who are fully vaccinated. That will come in by the time the AFL season starts. Plus no Perth issues either.

That said A League should be bringing forward fixtures as much as possible between unaffected teams.

Just saw a tweet where our A League game against the Phoenix has been postponed but they will play the FFA Cup Semi final match instead. It made me wonder, has there ever been a single game played that had a result for 2 comps? As in could this one game count for both the A League and the FFA cup? Or is that too much of a disadvantage/advantage depending on what side you look at it.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
nana changing GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back