2021/22 Melbourne Victory Thread - 2021 FFA Cup Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I really, really, really enjoyed that game. Sucks we didn't win but it was 90 minutes of fun.

Also, Robbie Kruse is an absolute beast, if he wasn't made of glass he'd be up there with the greatest current Aussie players. He's still got athletic ability after an injury a month and that is insane. I also like his (positive) passion this year.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
More dropped points bloody disappointing! We are starting to make a habit of it lately, watching the highlights we should have easily won that match, only by giving away two scrappy goals, why is nobody on the back post ffs! these moments of lack of concentration need to be addressed fast or we'll be dropping down the later faster than a fatagram.

Least it was good to finally see Kruse score at last.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Not displeased with the fine. Let’s as a club take the stance and accept it. Now be the shining light.

If it came from a Sydney club they’d be let off

The problem is with the NT not the club. There is a culture in the North Terrace of not ratting or pointing anyone out with in the groups which has been in place for a long time which leads to individuals to say and do what they want without consequence. A lot of it has to do with protecting the collective Terrace from external forces (i.e Police, stadium security, media even the club by using heavy tactics to destabilise the Terrace) or anyone infiltrating the groups. Although I get the principle of why it is in place because they've been s**t on in the past, it is really outdated and doesn't work in todays social changing world. Maybe the leaders should get together and come up with a new charter for the groups and make a cultural shift in the Terrace more aligned to respect social issues. But don't hold your breath through they are very fascist in their thinking its always been about them and they wont budge without concessions. Unfortunately we will see more incidence's in future because of this inherited culture.

Last edited:

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Club has been fined for the Josh Cavallo abuse!

The abusers are probably laughing at that. If the w***ers can't be fined and banned, then dock points from the club. $5k from the club won't change sh*t.
I'm not saying it's the club's fault, but it's about hurting the club that these losers follow.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The abusers are probably laughing at that. If the w***ers can't be fined and banned, then dock points from the club. $5k from the club won't change sh*t.
I'm not saying it's the club's fault, but it's about hurting the club that these losers follow.

That would be one way of forcing the NT hand to make changes to their culture, but again as you said these people don't care! A lot of them don't even care for the club just want to be a part of something tribal.
When the FFA handed us a suspended sentence for lighting flares it kinda worked, the NT and the club took a stand and worked together, no more lighting of flares! We've seen very little flares from the NT since. But again its one thing making a stand and saying no flares, no abuse, sure that's not a problem the NT leaders can announce and plead with its members for that. But actually ratting out those that light the flares and say the abuse that is a whole different argument the requires a cultural change and there in lies the problem.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

They were identified on the day and ejected. Assume that if they try to enter again with facial recognition they will be booted out. Good to see other fans helping to identify them and get them removed. The club is not the police and can't be expected to do more than that.

Points deduction won't work. That should only be used in a situation where fans of a club are repeat offenders and offend on a large, organised scale. Besides if all it took was a few losers to shout abusive language for a points ban you can guarantee rival fans would be taking advantage of that. I don't believe you would see that in any sport, anywhere in the world.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
That would be one way of forcing the NT hand to make changes to their culture, but again as you said these people don't care! A lot of them don't even care for the club just want to be a part of something tribal.
When the FFA handed us a suspended sentence for lighting flares it kinda worked, the NT and the club took a stand and worked together, no more lighting of flares! We've seen very little flares from the NT since. But again its one thing making a stand and saying no flares, no abuse, sure that's not a problem the NT leaders can announce and plead with its members for that. But actually ratting out those that light the flares and say the abuse that is a whole different argument the requires a cultural change and there in lies the problem.

One thing with the NT (and many supporter groups are guilty of it) is I wish they would get rid of the f off sydney, united chants etc. Come up with some witty chants instead of shouting offensive ones. It is for this reason that I don't sit up at the northern end anymore and haven't for as long as I have had kids attending games.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anyone know if Channel 10 put up a replay of the FFA Cup games? Wont be able to watch the game live but would be keen to watch it later when I get home.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Strong team. It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

FB_IMG_1643436550272.jpg

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I still don't understand how a team from not only a different country but from a completely different confederation can be in this comp, but anyway here we are. Surely in time the League (and cup) gets big enough to stand on its own feet with enough teams to not require the token NZ team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back