2021/22 Melbourne Victory Thread - 2021 FFA Cup Champions!!

Remove this Banner Ad

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
Me and the bro in law have been saying for a while that the only reason he isn't in Europe is he probably lacks a foot of pace. Though with the way he has developed out of sight this season it might not matter anymore. IMO could easily play as a 10 in a league like the championship.
I mean Mooy was similar a touch slow but good with the ball

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Victorian SSR
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC

I was actually thinking about the Moot comparison too but he ended up more as a vanilla central mid once he got to England. I think Brimmer has better skills that could translate better to actually being able to sustain a career over there. But you're right though that if you're skilled enough it will make up for a lack of pace.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Good comparison. How old was Mooy when he finally got starting XI time in a big league? For some weird reason, not sure if it's just Aus, but we write off young players if they aren't playing in a huge club by 25 years old. Then you end up with all the Arzani types.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Victorian SSR
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Alex King being very coy with his cards. Wait for him to dish the first yellow on a pretty soft challenge.

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
Good comparison. How old was Mooy when he finally got starting XI time in a big league? For some weird reason, not sure if it's just Aus, but we write off young players if they aren't playing in a huge club by 25 years old. Then you end up with all the Arzani types.
I believe he was 26, 2 years older then Brimmer

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Victorian SSR
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I'm all for taking shots because you just don't know how the keeper will react but feel like Folami has wasted a few opportunities tonight that he could have either done better or given it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad