2021/22 Melbourne Victory Thread - 2021 FFA Cup Champions!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and the bro in law have been saying for a while that the only reason he isn't in Europe is he probably lacks a foot of pace. Though with the way he has developed out of sight this season it might not matter anymore. IMO could easily play as a 10 in a league like the championship.
I mean Mooy was similar a touch slow but good with the ball

I was actually thinking about the Moot comparison too but he ended up more as a vanilla central mid once he got to England. I think Brimmer has better skills that could translate better to actually being able to sustain a career over there. But you're right though that if you're skilled enough it will make up for a lack of pace.

Good comparison. How old was Mooy when he finally got starting XI time in a big league? For some weird reason, not sure if it's just Aus, but we write off young players if they aren't playing in a huge club by 25 years old. Then you end up with all the Arzani types.

Good comparison. How old was Mooy when he finally got starting XI time in a big league? For some weird reason, not sure if it's just Aus, but we write off young players if they aren't playing in a huge club by 25 years old. Then you end up with all the Arzani types.
I believe he was 26, 2 years older then Brimmer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back