2021/22 Melbourne Victory Thread - 2021 FFA Cup Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Melbourne Victory signs Italian forward Francesco Margiotta

Melbourne Victory is pleased to announce the signing of Italian forward Francesco Margiotta ahead of the 2021/22 Isuzu UTE A-League season.
The 28-year-old has signed a one-year deal which will see Margiotta join the Club until the end of the 2021/22 season.
Isuzu UTE A-League Head Coach, Tony Popovic, said the Italian will add firepower to his side’s potent forward third.
“Francesco has built his career on being a commanding centre forward and we’re confident he will play an important role for Melbourne Victory this season,” Popovic said.
“He has been a proven goal-scorer at a range of levels across Europe and will complement the exciting, attacking players we already have within our squad.”
Margiotta was also excited to head to Australia with Melbourne Victory, saying he’s looking forward to the challenge in the A-League.
“I have heard a lot about the team, the League and Australia’s passion for football” said Margiotta.
“Melbourne Victory has built a strong squad of which I am excited to be a part of. I have seen footage of the stadium and the fans and I am looking forward to playing in front of the Club’s passionate supporters and helping the team succeed in 2021/22.”
A product of the Juventus academy, Margiotta spent seven seasons on the books of the Serie A giants, with loan spells at Carrarese, Monza, Venezia and Sanraecangelo before an impressive stint at Swiss side Lausanne-Sport which saw the forward sign permanently in 2018.
Margiotta then joined fellow Swiss side FC Luzern in 2019 where he rekindled the form that saw him take the Swiss Super League by storm, scoring 14 goals and 12 assists in 43 appearances and taking out the club’s Golden Boot.
The striker returned to Italy with Serie B side Cheivo in 2020 and found the back of the net five times during his time with the Verona-based club.
Margiotta is the Club’s twelfth new signing of the 2021/22 pre-season, joining Jason Geria, Jason Davidson, Rai Marchan, Matt Spiranovic, Chris Ikonomidis, Josh Brillante, Stefan Nigro, Brendan Hamill, Ivan Kelava, Nick D’Agostino and Roderick Miranda.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
found some highlights of Francesco Margiotta from season 19/20, lest he can use his feet unlike our previous donkey.

Anything from his time in Switzerland? Seemed to do really well there with 14 goals and 12 assists in a season.

I wonder if we will ever see him play up front with Daggers.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Anything from his time in Switzerland? Seemed to do really well there with 14 goals and 12 assists in a season.

I wonder if we will ever see him play up front with Daggers.

lol FC Luzern are from Switzerland.

here is another highlights reel

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Our full fixture is now available. I will also post on the OP.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Our full fixture is now available. I will also post on the OP.

With City & WU home games at AAMI we play 15 out of 26 games at AAMI!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Got our memberships yesterday. Nice package actually. I got the cap, missus got the scarf. She probably won't go to a game so I get both.
Cap and scarf are :thumbsu:
Fridge magnet Scan QR code to see fixture? balls! Man I'm over QR codes, What's the point? Easier to just send me a fixture to view on my phone :thumbsdown:
Another Fridge magnet War with the club incoming.

No Barcode on the membership card? I'm guessing its going to be similar to the footy memberships with a digital barcode to purchase online tickets?

Edit: Just tried the QR code it took me three goes for it to finally work and all it does is direct you to the website fixture list :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I just bookmarked the fixture on my phone magnet is now useless. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Fridge magnet Scan QR code to see fixture? balls! Man I'm over QR codes, What's the point? Easier to just send me a fixture to view on my phone :thumbsdown:
This could be my fault (/s). I requested the club provide LED magnets that can be updated with the new fixture since they change so regularly. They took the cheaper option and gave us a QR code. :(

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Good incentive to get to matches early

Victory to play every A-League Women home game at AAMI Park

Melbourne Victory will play all seven A-League Women home games in 2021/22 as AAMI Park double-headers after the fixture was released in full on Tuesday.

See the full A-League Women's fixture

For the first time in Club history, both the men's and women's teams will play every home game at AAMI Park.

Victory's opening four A-League Women home matches were confirmed in September, with a season opener against Adelaide United on December 5 and Melbourne Derby on Boxing Day.

And it was confirmed on Monday that every Victory home game will be played at AAMI Park as a double-header.

Home in the New Year

With three of Victory's first four games at AAMI Park, another follows against Brisbane Roar on January 2.

That will be part of a double-header, with the Isuzu UTE A-League team also facing the Roar to begin 2022.

Victory takes on Brisbane at Moreton Daily Stadium on December 18 before the return clash in Melbourne. Victory beat Roar in last season's Semi Final before going on to win the Championship.

Grand Final rematch on Australia Day

After the meeting with Brisbane, Victory embarks on a three-game road trip, facing the Newcastle Jets, Western Sydney Wanderers and Canberra United away from home.

But the defending champions return to AAMI Park on Australia Day for a Grand Final rematch with Sydney FC.

Kyra Cooney-Cross' last-minute extra-time winner saw Victory past Sydney in the Grand Final and the teams meet again on January 26, 2022.

Home flurry to finish regular season

Victory will meet the Wellington Phoenix for the first time in the A-League Women on February 6 and has a trip to Adelaide 20 days later, but finishes the campaign with three home games in four.

Jeff Hopkins' side hosts the Wanderers on February 12 and Perth Glory a week later, before completing the regular season against Canberra on March 4.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
FB_IMG_1636544896513.jpg

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Got our memberships yesterday. Nice package actually. I got the cap, missus got the scarf. She probably won't go to a game so I get both.
Packaging was real neat I thought.
Cap and scarf are :thumbsu:

No Barcode on the membership card? I'm guessing its going to be similar to the footy memberships with a digital barcode to purchase online tickets?

Edit: Just tried the QR code it took me three goes for it to finally work and all it does is direct you to the website fixture list :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I just bookmarked the fixture on my phone magnet is now useless. :thumbsu:
Yeah the fridge magnet QR code is rubbish. I get why they did it (with ever changing schedule) but may as well have not bothered at all.

What's the deal with the membership card then? Half the fun is wearing the lanyard around your neck and scanning it like you're someone important then going to bar to buy a $9 carlton draught like the degenerate you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back