NCAA 2021/22 - NCAA National Championship Game - Alabama vs Georgia

Remove this Banner Ad

Bowl season throws up some great plays
Because teams have trick plays they havent used. and many players will not be on the team next season so coaches call them.

I remember Stanford has a good one in the Rose bowl vs Iowa. a handoff to McCaffrey called out fake fumble as he dived to the ground while tossing back to Hogan and threw deep on the flea flicker.

EDIT: here is the play

Texas A&M exits Gator Bowl over COVID outbreak

Posted by Mike Florio on December 22, 2021, 1:22 PM EST

For the Texas A&M Aggies, not even the 12th man will be enough to overcome COVID.

As further illustration of the tenuous nature of team sports during the ongoing outbreak of the Omicron variant, a major college bowl game will have to find a new team, nine days before kickoff.

Via Ross Dellenger of SI.com, Texas A&M has informed the Gator Bowl that it won’t be able to play in the game. The Aggies simply don’t have sufficient healthy players.

The Gator Bowl will look for another team for the Jacksonville-based postseason game. Unless another bowl loses a team due to COVID, that could be hard to do.

This development comes at a time when the NFL is crossing its fingers that the final 48 regular-season games and all 13 postseason games will be played as scheduled. It felt like the league got lucky to a certain extent in 2020, given that all scheduled games were successfully played in the first year of the pandemic.

It’s starting to feel like some of that same good fortune will be needed in 2021.

Rutgers replacing Texas A&M ?
No one knows. I think Rutgers were asked and already declined. unless something changed

There is a health and safety issue. Teams have players that have gone home, or havent practiced in 4-5 weeks. the game is in 9 days.

Illinois are willing, Marshal might get a 2nd bowl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flagship program of the MAC

:)
apparently it was the first game you played on grass in over 10 years.

You were once the leaders of the MAC. could be on the way back up.

I did try to watch the game, bailing on work to make it home in time for kickoff

Then promptly fell asleep on the couch

Not sure if that speaks to the game or my age lol

Kick out Rutgers and fly Memphis to the Gator Bowl
too late now. but should another team pull out Memphis will get the call. Miami are dealing with Covid but still plan on playing the Sun Bowl.

could be another one down. or Sun Bowl might ask SMU or East Carolina.

Put the REAL Miami in it.

Probably still in Texas taking a Greyhound to Oxford

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back