Prediction 2021/22 Off-season Bonanza!!

Remove this Banner Ad

How would it be if the off season went down like:

Burgess confirmed as fitness head.

Neil Balme picks up a role overseeing the football department.

Lukosius AND Rankine traded to Adelaide.

Brayden Maynard signed.

Jordan Dawson traded in.

No one gets injured over/before the break.

We draft a heap of guys that we really want

How many of these would you be happy with?

Brayden Maynard signed.

Jordan Dawson traded in.

No dumb controversies
No injuries
No drafting defenders with top 10 picks
No giving long contract extensions to old players
No wasting cap space trading in draft busts like Hately

Take our picks to the draft and get some kids with potential match winning talent

Clear pre seasons for critical young players like Schoenberg and Hamill to take a big leap next year.

That will do me. Just a normal old off season, competently executed.

Prediction:

Burgess poached at last minute by Gold Coast on AFL money.

Neil Balme decides Adelaide is too big of a move due to family.

Re-promote Phil Harper.

Lukosius goes to Port. Rankine re-signs with Suns.

We split Pick 2 for Picks 10 and 15 and draft a speculative key defender and a half back from Geelong Falcons.

ACL to key player.

Oh and before all that Port win the flag.

Life's good!

Here's my predictions.

Burgess comes to Adelaide but it takes at least two years to undo the Hass-Burton era

Balme returns to Adelaide but it's to retire.

We target a ton of good players but they all blow us off because we're bottom 4. We land Stephens (after overpaying) and get Dumont on a 5 year contract. We also sign some random no name rubbish role player equivalent to Billy Frampton.

Jake Kelly Crow for life after resisting big free agent offers. Signs for 4 years.

Walker plays on and it causes issues.

We finally spend draft picks on the midfield. They play at half forward for a few years but we do it. The players we get look amazing and aren't reaches.

Fogarty and Schoenberg lift their fitness to become threats over the off season. However another important player has a stinker and either gets fat or injured.

A guy most people thought was crap turns it around massively. Someone like Rowe or McAdam. People can't believe it's the same player

A player with a niggle from this season delays necessary surgery until February and so misses the first half of the season

Matt Crouch gets a huge contract offer from Gold coast that gives us band 1 (pick 4) compo, Tom Lynch also goes to Gold Coast and we get band 3 (pick 22) compo

We then trade pick 4 and 22 for Luko and Rankine

Pick up Dylan Stephens cheaply

Burgess signs on

Balme signs on

Controversy free off season

Port lose a home prelim with a kick after the siren

If you wanna go further split pick 3 for 10 and 15 trade 15 for Dawson and use 10 to select Arlo Draper

Matt Crouch gets a huge contract offer from Gold coast that gives us band 1 (pick 4) compo, Tom Lynch also goes to Gold Coast and we get band 3 (pick 22) compo

We then trade pick 4 and 22 for Luko and Rankine

Pick up Dylan Stephens cheaply

Burgess signs on

Balme signs on

Controversy free off season

Port lose a home prelim with a kick after the siren

If you wanna go further split pick 3 for 10 and 15 trade 15 for Dawson and use 10 to select Arlo Draper
Hopefully Burgess gets our list as fit as Melbourne's list

Melb have ran over teams all year in the last qtr

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Prediction:

Burgess poached at last minute by Gold Coast on AFL money.

Neil Balme decides Adelaide is too big of a move due to family.

Re-promote Phil Harper.

Lukosius goes to Port. Rankine re-signs with Suns.

We split Pick 2 for Picks 10 and 15 and draft a speculative key defender and a half back from Geelong Falcons.

ACL to key player.

Oh and before all that Port win the flag.

Life's good!
Starts tomorrow when we send off Lynch and DMack with a 10 goal thumping of Norf.

Turning pick 2 into 4.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We sign Burgess
Balme is brought in as an 'external consultant' for a year before he retires
Matt Crouch leaves and we get a band 2 or 3 compo pick
We don't trade in any big guns, but use the Crouch compo to bring in Dawson or Maynard.
We draft a Vic mid with our first pick, ignoring Roberts and Draper.

Brayden Maynard signed.

Jordan Dawson traded in.

I'll be doing cartwheels if the only acquisition you've gotten correct is Balme. I'm not sure I'm keen on Lukosius and Rankine being traded this year though. That'll be this and next year done for a top few midfielder. I'd be happy to trade for one with next year's first and pick up the other uncontracted at the commensurable discount.

Would they use Crouch priority pick and our first pick to North for #1. Would they bundle them to GC for JL. Or is getting an elite mid too important?

Rankine for chips, Stephens for chips, Duncan for chips.

Burgess/Balmy combo

And D-Mac retires!

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here's my predictions.

Burgess comes to Adelaide but it takes at least two years to undo the Hass-Burton era

Balme returns to Adelaide but it's to retire.

We target a ton of good players but they all blow us off because we're bottom 4. We land Stephens (after overpaying) and get Dumont on a 5 year contract. We also sign some random no name rubbish role player equivalent to Billy Frampton.

Jake Kelly Crow for life after resisting big free agent offers. Signs for 4 years.

Walker plays on and it causes issues.

We finally spend draft picks on the midfield. They play at half forward for a few years but we do it. The players we get look amazing and aren't reaches.

Fogarty and Schoenberg lift their fitness to become threats over the off season. However another important player has a stinker and either gets fat or injured.

A guy most people thought was crap turns it around massively. Someone like Rowe or McAdam. People can't believe it's the same player

A player with a niggle from this season delays necessary surgery until February and so misses the first half of the season
Agree with almost all of this

My guess:

- Burgess signs on
- Balme stays with the Tigers
- We trade in one marginal player (whether that be Stephens or someone else)
- Crouch (band 2/3) and Kelly leave
- We trade up to get two picks in the first round
- One major pre-season injury (similar to Milera’s ACL)
- One initially minor injury that turns major (similar to Crouch/Talia this year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO
We get burgess and don’t get Balme unless a 1 year godfather offer

We get 1 of rankine/luko/horne and get Stephens And don’t get Dawson. Also
Lose crouch and Kelly. Very likely we trade some of next years draft picks but not first round

Finish around 12th next year
Find a new player that becomes everyone’s favourite verbal punching bag.McAsey? None of the young players become superstars but are becoming better than average role players. Although I think Fogarty kicks 40ish goals next year. Also I kinda think we’ve forgotten how good Milera is.

- Burgess signs on
- Balme comes back to SA, but only in a part time advisory role, not full time
- We get Stephens, and a player nobody has linked us to.
- Crouch goes for Band 3 compo, Kelly goes for Band 5
- We win today ending up with pick 4. North take don't take Horne-Francis and Bigfooty servers don't survive draft night.
- Tex retires

- We get Burgess
- Balme turns us down and retires
- We end up with pick 4, which becomes pick 6, which we end up trading for pick 10 and a future pick
- Port trade up their picks and take Draper in front of our noses
- Walker comes back overweight and out of shape and decides to retire about halfway through preseason
- we sign Dumont on an overinflated deal which gets them band 3 compo and pushes back our Crouch pick and second round pick
- our new facility becomes a major shitstorm after the media uncover some questionable deals. Rapid deleting of emails as a result.

Suns give matt crouch a $800k/2 year deal.

Crows have pick 4.. get pick 5 as compo for crouch.

Crows give 4 and 5 to suns for luko and rankine.

AFL is ok with it because lets face it.. its the suns and they’d rather see the suns get a mature midfielder and two top 5 picks to take to the draft than quibble over it..

Suns would end up with 3 top 5 draft picks.

Crows with rankine and luko.

Crows then do another deal with suns for their 2021 pick 4 back in return for next years crows 1st and the melbourne second this year.

AFL still dont care. Anything that benefits the suns is fine by them.

Suns then trade that melbourne second back to the crows for Himmelberg.Crows then give it to swans for stephens.

Hows that for a *in playstation trade!.

My guesses for how our off-season plays out.

- We win this week, obtaining pick 4.
- We end up retaining Kelly, on a 2 year deal.
- Gollant and Parnell are signed for 2 years. O'Connor is demoted to a rookie spot position.
- Burgess signs on.
- Balme comes over in a part time advisory role
- Matt Crouch leaves for band 3 compensation.
- Lynch/Talia both remain on AFL lists in 2021. Neither attract much, if any compensation.
- We end up having a quiet trade period. At best attracting Stephens, but likely we don't see any major ins.
- We do however look to trade down from pick 4 trying to obtain both Roberts and Draper.
- Horne is taken at pick 1 (or 3) by North.
- We have a quiet, and scandal free off-season.
- Mackay ends up with a coaching gig in Victoria. Possibly North Melbourne, due to Noble.
- Tex starts his preseason when our 1st to 4th year players are due to report in.

My guesses for how our off-season plays out.

- We win this week, obtaining pick 4.
- We end up retaining Kelly, on a 2 year deal.
- Gollant and Parnell are signed for 2 years. O'Connor is demoted to a rookie spot position.
- Burgess signs on.
- Balme comes over in a part time advisory role
- Matt Crouch leaves for band 3 compensation.
- Lynch/Talia both remain on AFL lists in 2021. Neither attract much, if any compensation.
- We end up having a quiet trade period. At best attracting Stephens, but likely we don't see any major ins.
- We do however look to trade down from pick 4 trying to obtain both Roberts and Draper.
- Horne is taken at pick 1 (or 3) by North.
- We have a quiet, and scandal free off-season.
- Mackay ends up with a coaching gig in Victoria. Possibly North Melbourne, due to Noble.
- Tex starts his preseason when our 1st to 4th year players are due to report in.
This is close to what I think except;

-crouch stays
-We trade in stephens and possibly one other mature ager, possibly dumont .
-north don’t pick Horne

I think it's important that we:
  • Have a camp
  • Make cocaine freely available
  • Give all players free reign on social media, especially on Mad Monday
  • Pre-emptively offer our first two picks as punishment for... whatever Gill calls us up about in November
  • Practice diving at each other's knees during practice, at least daily, so players "can get used to it"
  • Trade pick 4 for a 28 year old kinda sorta OK player
  • Refuse to wear masks at any point, in fact we should come out as a club in violent opposition to any COVID rules, possibly we can elect a prominent denier to the board.
That should just about do it.

Edit, oooh I know, we should actually have a COVID outbreak in the playing group. That's our next move.

- Burgess joins
- We get Balme

- We work a deal with Freo for 6 & 8 after they’ve traded Cerra - we then get Roberts and Draper

- trade Melb 2nd for Stephens

- trade 23 and a player for Rankine

- future 1st for Dawson

(in 12 months we trade 2023 1st for Luko)

- Talia stays as our SANFL captain after getting no offers elsewhere

- Burgess joins
- We get Balme

- We work a deal with Freo for 6 & 8 after they’ve traded Cerra - we then get Roberts and Draper

- trade Melb 2nd for Stephens

- trade 23 and a player for Rankine

- future 1st for Dawson

(in 12 months we trade 2023 1st for Luko)

- Talia stays as our SANFL captain after getting no offers elsewhere

Good list. Not sure I would value Dawson as a top 6 pick which is likely what our first next year will be

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back