Training 2021/22 Preseason Thread Lessssf*ngo

Remove this Banner Ad

Not one to usually complain and hey it could be because some people are isolating but so far this year our media team have been pathetic, especially when compared to some of the local Big Footy track watchers. ( And our Media Team of previous years )
The majority of the squad has been back since last Monday. In that time, all we have seen is some photos, a couple of little clips which dont really show much at all. There has been a Tristan Xerri interview, a return to training article and the Jed Anderson statement.

Now I could be totally off the mark here but where is the hype ups of our up and coming young team. We have yet to hear a peep about or from JHF, they did mini interviews with the other draftees before Christmas, yet nothing on the prized colt.

Moving past that though, how bout some articles or hype up our 2nd, 3rd and 4th years players, how's Will Phil liking his second pre season? Whats Tom Powell got in store for his second year. Hows Charlies tracking after breaking his collar bone. I could go on.

No doubt, the North team want to increase memberships year on year and the easiest way I can see that before the season starts it to keep foot on the gas and promote the club from within to the supporters. I just feel that have missed a great opportunity here.

Thanks to all the people that get along to training, write up reports, take photos etc, its great for the supporters that cant make it or live interstate. The club should be paying you guys a wage as currently what you guys are doing is light years ahead of what our own media team is putting out.
I too have my concerns about our North media at the moment! Who the * selects the music? This wishy washy "Dusty Waves" Lalinea s**t is just not cutting it, the only thing that type of music makes me feel like doing, is having a cuppa tea and a lie down!

Hey North Media, you ever heard "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor......... yeah, you're welcome!!! :laughing:

Last edited:

How Giantroo hasn’t been employed (maybe he doesn’t want to) is beyond me.

Speaking of... His last post = December-23... I hope all is ok with the great man.

They may be giving the AFLW some breathing space/time in the limelight. Could be wrong.
I'm pretty sure you're right. They've published more than a dozen yarns on the club site this year, most on AFLW.

With the AFLW, the cricket and the Aus Open all going on, I reckon there's probably less audience engagement in AFL social content now than at any other point in the calendar.

Have to agree, it has been pretty piss poor. 5 or 6 years ago we seemed to be the best going around, but there has been a steady decline in recent years. The fact that we get more exposure from posters on Big Footy says it all. I know we’re not an American sport, but imagine if an American club in any sport took the foot off the pedal? They would get eaten alive by their own.

How Giantroo hasn’t been employed (maybe he doesn’t want to) is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bring back Heath!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not one to usually complain and hey it could be because some people are isolating but so far this year our media team have been pathetic, especially when compared to some of the local Big Footy track watchers. ( And our Media Team of previous years )
The majority of the squad has been back since last Monday. In that time, all we have seen is some photos, a couple of little clips which dont really show much at all. There has been a Tristan Xerri interview, a return to training article and the Jed Anderson statement.

Now I could be totally off the mark here but where is the hype ups of our up and coming young team. We have yet to hear a peep about or from JHF, they did mini interviews with the other draftees before Christmas, yet nothing on the prized colt.

Moving past that though, how bout some articles or hype up our 2nd, 3rd and 4th years players, how's Will Phil liking his second pre season? Whats Tom Powell got in store for his second year. Hows Charlies tracking after breaking his collar bone. I could go on.

No doubt, the North team want to increase memberships year on year and the easiest way I can see that before the season starts it to keep foot on the gas and promote the club from within to the supporters. I just feel that have missed a great opportunity here.

Thanks to all the people that get along to training, write up reports, take photos etc, its great for the supporters that cant make it or live interstate. The club should be paying you guys a wage as currently what you guys are doing is light years ahead of what our own media team is putting out.

Going back maybe 3/4 years ago we’d be getting multiple training videos a week, updated injury report every thursday, player profiles, interviews with coaches about who was impressing ect. Seems to have fallen by the wayside the last couple of years particularly during preseason. Super disappointed that we haven’t seen much from our draftees and 2nd year players…as you said we should be building hype around the club.

I wonder if covid budget cuts ect have impacting the media team?

I too have my concerns about our North media at the moment! Who the fu** selects the music? This wishy washy "Dusty Waves" Lalinea sh*t is just not cutting it, the only thing that type of music makes me feel like doing, is having a cuppa tea and a lie down!

Hey North Media, you ever heard "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor......... yeah, you're welcome!!! :laughing:
Oh god no, not Eye of the Tiger again. Please kill me.

I think there's a fair chance covid isolations and infections have limited the amount of content coming out as well. I'm fairly confident the Roo Shop wasn't intended to be closed for as long as it was following Xmas. Hopefully, the club-created content will pick up over the next few weeks.

Also, haven’t Heath and Rob Burton left in a short space of time?
That would create a fair loss of continuity and would be a big loss to the club in general and media team.

They’ve been great for years. But I think they are prioritizing the AFLW, there’s COVID issues and loss of staff with newbies coming on board too might be hurting a bit. Will give them a bit of slack.

You should send this into the club as an open letter from all North fans. Totally agree with everything you’ve said and I’ve been extremely disappointed by the lack of content over the last few months.

Yes I can understand that the club might want to give the AFLW it’s moment in the sun however it’s not like we’re getting multitudes of articles every day. One if we’re lucky. As the Taco girl said “why can’t we have both?’

So much potential to build membership numbers if they can start putting out interviews with the likes of JHF, Flynn, Powelly, WillPhill and Comben. Just to name a few.

And yeah I concur with the above poster’s comments regarding the media department’s choice of music for the rare video they do put out. It’s been awful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THATS THE JOKE because IT WASNT TAKEN ON IT. I literally zoomed in on my phone like 5 times smh.

Bloody boomers can’t even take a joke.

🤣 One of BigFooty’s all time great “touché”moments. Taking out an absolute “heavy hitter”, to boot. This woman is basically “slap heading” us all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That would create a fair loss of continuity and would be a big loss to the club in general and media team.

They’ve been great for years. But I think they are prioritizing the AFLW, there’s COVID issues and loss of staff with newbies coming on board too might be hurting a bit. Will give them a bit of slack.
TBF, there has been a vacuum created. If I was the club, however, I would expect a bit more output from the new people making their mark.
I don’t know if they actually have the people in place though, so will be patient.
The membership packs for kids however……..

very well put by Harpergun - pre-season is the best time to capture the hearts and imagination of supporters and get them to sign-up to a club that has struggled to perform. Once the season starts so too do the variables - it is going to be a hell of a lot harder to get people to fork out their hard-earned once the losses start to pile up, star players get injured, supporter attendance gets compromised by COVID.

We may have a fantastic year, but right now is literally the only time that the club has 100% control of the message and they are squandering it.

Showing a bit of ‘yelling at clouds’ tendency yourself youngen :)
I always yell at clouds MY CROPS WONT GROW FAST ENOUGH ON FARMVILLE

Yep, Heath and Rob, Karla Zarnado left too. And the new GM of Media is still getting settled in (or has he even started yet?)

I'd cut 'em a little slack when you consider how much turnover there has been in the media team in a short space of time. It's also worth remembering that it's not just the players that get covid at footy clubs too. It's possible that a lot of the staff have had it too and wouldn't have been able to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back