Training 2021/22 Preseason Thread Lessssf*ngo

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's wing/midfield in your scenario there? Thomas and Stepho could both be mids. I think that wing position is the most interesting because we've got about 5 or 6 guys that can player there, but other than Polec it's probably fair to say that none are natural in that position, which is very different to being a midfielder.
Polec & Powell.

They are the only two with the running ability.

The rest will blow up unnecessarily

Unless we are completely brain dead, we will be going with:

HF: Zurhaar - Comben - Sleevo
F: Jason - Larkey - Thomas

And with good reason, It’s completely nuts.

With all due respect to Mahony, who does he replace? Especially if Goater and Perez are in, which by all accounts is looking pretty likely that at least 1 going to play, spots are very limited.

Ford, Curtis and Mahony all vying for a spot on bench/Sub IMO.
So, were you or weren’t you in the throes of an aneurysm when you posted this:

B: Hall - McKay - McDonald
HB: Thomas - Corr - Perez
C: Polec - LDU - Powell
HF: Jason - Comben - Stephenson
F: Eddie - Larkey - Zurhaar
R: CCJ - Ziebell - Simpkin
I/C: Goldy Phillips Greenwood Goater
Sub: Curtis

Em: Turner Mahony Scott Xerri

Ziebell back to the guts to protect the kids alongside Greenwood.

Thomas to do as he pleases rolling forward from HB.

Cunnington and Anderson unavailable.

No I’m brain dead.
Animated GIF

On another note how good is it to have selection dramas on a positive front for a change.

Yeah maybe. We’ll see I spose. I think he’s perfectly suited to HFF or even forward pocket. Has a lot of flair in his game but he’s also prone to munging easy kicks. I’ve been wrong before so maybe he’ll make a good winger 🤷🏻‍♂️

Curtis misses some of the gutsy kicks into the middle he's obviously been given licence to take, he needs to tidy that uyp but when he does hit them, they break the play open.

And he's also got an amazing ability to kick clutch goals.

If he puts in the running there's no reason he can't play a wing and do both those things.

Thanks for posting. Saved me a trip.

Any particular reason?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
No idea - just saw JHF is back in Adelaide and TT was on the piss last night.

Suspect they don’t have Jan 26 off and instead make it a long weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 - When is the frigging intraclub?
2 - The club better make aforementioned available on a decent stream
Wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t announce the intra publicly with Covid etc they would want to limit interaction

But yes they should stream it but I don’t have faith in the media team to do so

1 - When is the frigging intraclub?
2 - The club better make aforementioned available on a decent stream

If it’s like last year there won’t be one official intra club, there’ll be match practice each Friday that ramps up until the first proper praccy.

Curtis misses some of the gutsy kicks into the middle he's obviously been given licence to take, he needs to tidy that uyp but when he does hit them, they break the play open.

And he's also got an amazing ability to kick clutch goals.

If he puts in the running there's no reason he can't play a wing and do both those things.
He showed that kicking multiple goals against the Dons in the last to make us look better than we were.

Great in the air for his size third man up if he can get a run at it.

Versatile. Strong tackler too.

He showed that kicking multiple goals against the Dons in the last to make us look better than we were.

Great in the air for his size third man up if he can get a run at it.

Versatile. Strong tackler too.

When its his turn to go he goes and he doesn't hold back.

If he put a bit of muscle on his arms and shoulds, just a little bit, he'd be so much more of a weapon. He reminds me of Turner a bit the way he attacks the ball at a contest, cos he's skinny the way Turner was.

You are forgetting Comben and CCJ.

We are very likely playing 1 or even 2 less small/mediums in the forward line this year than we have over the last few years.

Larkey, Zurhaar, CCJ, Comben, Stephenson, JHF is already 6.

It's not just Curtis, C.Taylor and Ford. It's Mahoney, its also Spicer who has looked vastly improved in pre-season.

The way I see it, C.Taylor, Ford, Mahoney, Spicer and Curtis are all competing for a single spot.

And you’ve got to probably fit in the extra mids between the bench and forward line.
I’d be pushing Lmac to backline to accommodate an extra mid on the wing.

Starting centre of Jy , Greenwood and TT (cunners out still)
Wings Powell and Polec/ lazzaro

We go with 3talls and Zurhaar plus sleevo and JHF - you’ve got 3 spots on the bench for LDU,mahony,Phillips,Taylor, ford,spicer,Curtis,Jed,Scott

Will be very interested in how our round 1 team shapes up

Training on today?
If so, any track watchers make it down?
Have been down here since 11am. A few track watchers, not too many.

Boys are doing match practice. Very intense, competitive, a little sloppy at times but also some high quality play as well by a number of the lads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back