Training 2021/22 Preseason Thread Lessssf*ngo

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t know all our regular track watchers were all from the same industry....
Yeah we're all strippers.

Unfortunately I couldn't nip out to Arden Street and give everyone a training report as I'm busy getting ready for a big night on the pole..

party strippers GIF

Again got nothing to do with that

Was simply curious as to where the regular track watchers have gone who were pretty consistent for 2-3 months

Just assume they are busy living their lives.

I try to go to preseason training regularly and do reports for people.

I almost never go in season, for the simple fact we see them in depth every 6-7 days and we have formal selection news intersected between then as well as VFL reports etc.

It’s not as important as not seeing anything for months. Mid year training is generally at a lot lower intensity also. Half the week is spent in recovery.

I try to go to preseason training regularly and do reports for people.

I almost never go in season, for the simple fact we see them in depth every 6-7 days and we have formal selection news intersected between then as well as VFL reports etc.

It’s not as important as not seeing anything for months. Mid year training is generally at a lot lower intensity also. Half the week is spent in recovery.
Amazing that this needs to be spelled out for ridiculously dumb people like tZ.

giantroo any idea what time they train during the season. Given we plat Saturday, I assume we’d train Wednesday.

I rang the club, bloke had no idea.
Usually main training is three days before gameday.

Friday game = Tuesday
Saturday = Wednesday
Sunday = Thursday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I even did that some years playing country footy. The last paragraph is the most telling. If you are at the top of the ladder, good enough to cover most teams anyway but it doesn’t matter too much if you drop a game, then it’s a good idea. Not so much if dropping a game would be the difference between playing finals or not.

I even did that some years playing country footy. The last paragraph is the most telling. If you are at the top of the ladder, good enough to cover most teams anyway but it doesn’t matter too much if you drop a game, then it’s a good idea. Not so much if dropping a game would be the difference between playing finals or not.
yep, that's Clarkos philosophy. Centrals continued the practice for years afterwards. You always knew you were a chance to beat them, but they would still go on to win the GF.
Melbourne will do it this year.

We don't train anywhere near hard enough from all reports, and personally I HATE that the senior players come back after the 1st-4th year players have started - way to set the standards. We will continue to be a joke while this continues. Appreciate if surgeries, etc, but if you're healthy you should take barely any time off after finishing 17th/18th.

We don't train anywhere near hard enough from all reports, and personally I HATE that the senior players come back after the 1st-4th year players have started - way to set the standards. We will continue to be a joke while this continues. Appreciate if surgeries, etc, but if you're healthy you should take barely any time off after finishing 17th/18th.
I’m pretty sure that’s set by the players association

I’m pretty sure that’s set by the players association

Doesn't mean they are forbidden to be there. If they wanted to fulfil their potential they would be doing everything they can. Only doing what's required is why we've gone nowhere for a long long time.

You hear it multi-club players like Brown and Dal Santo as well. Explains why our skills and fitness always seem to be sub-par.

Doesn't mean they are forbidden to be there. If they wanted to fulfil their potential they would be doing everything they can. Only doing what's required is why we've gone nowhere for a long long time.
did you not see what a lot of them were doing in their own time? I agree our fitness program has been pathetic, but think your barking up the wrong tree.

did you not see what a lot of them were doing in their own time? I agree our fitness program has been pathetic, but think your barking up the wrong tree.

Proof is in the pudding - last time I checked we were 17th with a % of 50 and our senior players have been called out in the media.

Our list wouldn't know hard training if it hit them in the face

Edit: I know this is a legacy of the Bard and his unwillingness to "over-train" according to his laptop to avoid injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back