AFLW 2021/22 Season: Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, so since we now know Round 10, here's how I think the ladder will be at the end of the H&A season (then finals)...

1. Ade 10-0
2. Coll 9-1
3. Melb 8-2
4. Freo 7-3
5. Bris 7-3
6. NMT 5-5
7. Rich 5-5
8. Gee 5-5
9. GWS 4-6
10. WB 3-7
11. WCE 3-7
12. Carl 2-8
13. GC 2-8
14. St.K 0-10

Okay, so how did my end of the Home and Away season predictions go....

Adelaide - Predicted 1st (10-0) Finished 1st (9-1)
Almost got that spot on, bar the Bulldogs upset win in a thriller.

Collingwood - Predicted 2nd (9-1) Finished 6th (6-4)
What can I say... INJURIES! Losing the League co-BnF in Round 1 with an ACL, co-captain Chiocci missed games and was in a moon boot most of the season, Ash Brazzill ends up skipping the entire season, Molloy gets covid then has back issues and Bonnici goes down late with an ACL. To be honest, any other side that misses that much quality misses the finals, so actually impressive that managed to hang on for 6th.

Melbourne - Predicted 3rd (8-2) Finished 2nd (9-1)
Almost got it spot on. The decider was Melbourne beating a short-handed Freo side in WA, when I had tipped Melbourne to lose to Freo and Adelaide.

Fremantle - Predicted 4th (7-3) Finished 5th (7-3)
Also almost spot on. Difference was percentage in the end.

Brisbane - Predicted 5th (7-3) Finished 3rd (8-2)
Missed by two spots and a win. Impressive, especially after the loss of Lutkins to an ACL in round 1.

North Melbourne Tasmania - Predicted 6th (5-5) Finished 4th (7-3)
Thought they were going to be inconsistent this year. What also might have worked in favour in the higher finish was the Pies injuries and Freo spending a month on the road (plus Freo's covid-wrecked Melbourne game).

Richmond - Predicted 7th (5-5) Finished 11th (3-7)
Yes, they had some injuries late, but disappointing finish for the Tigers after what looked like a promising start.

Geelong - Predicted 8th (5-5) Finished 12th (2-8)
Like Richmond, another side who early showed promise and then faded away. Very disappointing.

GWS Giants - Predicted 9th (4-6) Finished 9th (4-6)
Nailed it. A mediocre side, relying on a 40yo to win games does not bode well for the long-term.

Western Bulldogs - Predicted 10th (3-7) Finished 7th (4-5-1)
Missed by 3 spots and a game and a half. Perhaps they could have gone higher, if not for Covid smashing them or Huntington's ACL? Although, if you see their VFLW form, depth is a real question mark.

West Coast Eagles - Predicted 11th (3-7) Finished 14th (1-9)
Knew they would be down the bottom end of the ladder, but last? Hard to say if a miss or not, as (without looking back) I think I had them picking off a couple of lower ranked teams as home, but of course they then spent a month in Victoria with a changing fixture, and dealt with covid.

Carlton - Predicted 12th (2-8) Finished 8th (4-6)
Half-way through the season, it looked spot on, but they managed to rally and pick up a few wins late (and almost knock off Melbourne).
Future looks bleak though, if the likes of Prespakis and Egan get taken by expansion teams.

Gold Coast - Predicted 13th (2-8) Finished 10th (3-6-1)
Did a little better than expected. Should have finished with 5-6 wins in the end, but from where they started, got to give them a thumbs up for the season.

St Kilda - Predicted 14th (0-10) Finished 13th (2-8)
Luck goes their way near the end of the season to finish with two wins, for a side that didn't deserve them. Hope it doesn't paper over the cracks that a serious overhaul is needed in the list and the coach's chair at the Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back