NFL 2021 AFC Championship Game - Cincinnati at Kansas City

Remove this Banner Ad

Ash Barty is doing the job for the 4th leg of my 5 leg multi. Just need KC to win on Monday and go on to win the Superbowl. Murphy's Law says they lose. I'll apologise in advance to Chiefs fans.

I just need a Rams chiefs Superbowl.

My team either wins their second Superbowl or I collect $800 on the Rams from a preseason Superbowl bet.

Would be a monumental powershift in the AFC if the Bengals were to win this one, and while I think they'll be competitive early, they're still a few pieces away from being Superbowl calibre. Though I'm glad Joey B is getting respected after all the know-all talking heads were questioning his credentials last year.

There's no stopping Mahomes at the moment, and with all the weapons he creates within the offense, there's going to be too much responsibility on each individual defender to continue playing at a high level (ie they're a good team defense and can defend teams like the Titans that have two or three weapons). That turnstyle O-Line of Cincy's will again be exposed, and I really hope we see some fuller sets from the Bengals to protect Joey a bit more. Inviting pressure with empty backfields will not put them in a good place.

Chiefs 42-20

NFL fines Tyreek Hill for unflagged taunting during touchdown

Posted by Mike Florio on January 29, 2022, 5:00 PM EST

AFC Divisional Playoffs - Buffalo Bills v Kansas City Chiefs

Getty Images

The officials missed it. The league office did not.

Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill was fined $10,300 for taunting a Bills defender while running to the end zone during Sunday night’s playoff thriller. Hill flashed a prolonged peace sign at the player chasing him.

It’s textbook taunting, something that should be penalized consistently — or the rule should be scrapped. The Bills would have (should have) had the option to push the point-after try or the ensuing kickoff back 15 yards.

The 2021 taunting point of emphasis (the rule has been on the books for years) was sparked in part by Hill repeatedly using that gesture doing games, which resulted in Bucs safety Antoine Winfield Jr. sticking both fingers (basically, a middle finger) in Hill’s face after the play that sealed Super Bowl LV.

Eli Apple was fined 5k for taunting Ryan Tannehill btw in case you were wondering.
Taunting is a tier rule. first offence is about $10K additional offences are $15K.

Apple must of appealed it and had it halved or something.

Taunting is a tier rule. first offence is about $10K additional offences are $15K.

Apple must of appealed it and had it halved or something.

Annie Apple probably threatened to sue again.

Shouldn't Hill be on about a $30k tier now?
CBA has it so 2nd offence fine is the same for 3rd and more. Unless they also put something else on the fine too.

Annie Apple probably threatened to sue again.
I would of given him the fill $10K. He isnt a good enough player to taunt someone. especially on a play where he did nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon for sure someone on the Bengals will taunt Hill with the peace sign, tempers will flare on the Chiefs, as they get frustrated into a loss.

Von Bell laying the smackdown on Hill from his blindside as he goes into a peace sign would be so sweet.

Reckon for sure someone on the Bengals will taunt Hill with the peace sign, tempers will flare on the Chiefs, as they get frustrated into a loss.

Going all in with the fortune telling accross the board this morning GG :tearsofjoy:

GG.nfl offcial twitter account....breaking future events weeks, months, years before they happen.

Like Hackett's appointment to the Broncos, 3 years ahead of everywhere else. :thumbsu:

Schefter and Rapoport respond by trying to break news 4 years ahead of time, GG ends their careers. Game over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back