NFL 2021 AFC Championship Game - Cincinnati at Kansas City

No, his second season Brady was out with knee…final season Moss played 2-3 games

wrong again :)

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.10.18 pm.png

nice Randy Moss highlight reel from his time with NE, filthy that clean one handed tf catch running full pet in the end zone vs the Jets.

You’re an odd fellow….that just proves what I said.

My bad, I miss read it, I thought you said Moss was out his second year at the Pats.

1000+ yards and 11 tds in 2008 are great numbers with Matt Cassel

Anyway, it pretty easy to see Moss' impact on Brady statistically, 24 tds and 3,500 yards in 2006, then 50 tds, lead the league in competition % and passed for 4800 yards in 2007 when Moss arrives, back down to 28 tds (coming off the knee reco will give him a pass) in 2009 and never 40 or more again in his time with NE. Moss was that good

Last edited:

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Love Mahomes but he’s had more positional talent than Brady ever did

Brady did have 2nd best receiver all time in randy moss for 3 years and 2nd best tight end of all time in gronk for alot of his years. Plus he played with a loaded o-line and defense for alot of his time. Also played in the weakest division for ages aswell so he didn't have it that hard.

Brady did have 2nd best receiver all time in randy moss for 3 years and 2nd best tight end of all time in gronk for alot of his years. Plus he played with a loaded o-line and defense for alot of his time. Also played in the weakest division for ages aswell so he didn't have it that hard.

I think talent wise Moss is the best to ever play. Him or Calvin Johnson. Similar freaks.

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rice is best receiver to play the game just so dominate for so many years even with stickum. Randy moss is by far the most gifted receiver to ever play.

Hernandez was a beast, Wes Welker & Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Troy Brown.

Not like Brady has had nothing always like his last year in NE.

Anyway, how did we get here? Oh yea gillon 's fault for hating on Patrick Mahomes :p. Lets discuss Bengals and Cheifs since its sort of a big game instead of a bloke who was sent packing last week.

Hernandez was a beast, Wes Welker & Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Troy Brown.

Not like Brady has had nothing always like his last year in NE.

Anyway, how did we get here? Oh yea gillon 's fault for hating on Patrick Mahomes :p. Lets discuss Bengals and Cheifs since its sort of a big game instead of a bloke who was sent packing last week.
Like I said Moss is irrelevant to this discussion as effectively he only played for two seasons with Brady and never won a championship. Welker, Edelman, Cooks were ordinary outside of the Pats.

Anyway not saying it was all Brady, he was with a great coach that suited him just like Mahomes is with Reid

Like I said Moss is irrelevant to this discussion as effectively he only played for two seasons with Brady and never won a championship. Welker, Edelman, Cooks were ordinary outside of the Pats.

Anyway not saying it was all Brady, he was with a great coach that suited him just like Mahomes is with Reid

Welker was on the down turn with concussion issues IIRC when he left for the Broncos, and Cooks has put up more yards in a season than he did with NE with every other team hes played for , all of the Saints, Rams and Texans. Cooks is terribly underrated by so many people. Genuine gun who has performed at every stop.

Pretty keen to see Burrow perform on the big stage, feels like they are playing with house money making it this far already.

Very keen to see what that team can do next year assuming they fix their O-line this off-season.
I don't think they win it all this year, even if they beat the chiefs they will be going up against either the Rams Dline or the 49s Dline which both are better than anything they have faced on this side.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mahomes has had more help on offense his whole career than Brady has had 90% of his seasons.

He's a generational player who could end up with better accolades than Brady, it's just the gap between him and other young QB's is not as big as portrayed.

Just to my eye, Mahomes makes passes I've never seen any other QB's make.

Any receiver that plays with him is going to be look pretty hot.

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Just to my eye, Mahomes makes passes I've never seen any other QB's make.

Any receiver that plays with him is going to be look pretty hot.
Brady fans are just bit nervous that the Kid may grow into the Goat. Make no mistake Brady's record is remarkable. One thing that Patrick will have over Brady is he will never lose to the Giants in a Superbowl.......twice

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Or I doubt he will lose to Miami 38-13 after being 13 pts favourites when they run the wildcat all game with Ronnie brown at QB. An 0-2 Miami with them going 1-15 the season before.

They basically ran the same 5 plays all game.

Last edited:
Or I doubt he will lose to Miami 38-13 after being 13 pts favourites when hey run the wildcat all game with Ronnie brown at QB. An 0-2 Miami with them going 1-15 the season before.

They basically ran the same 5 plays all game.
Brady not running the WC in prep sessions for his defense is definitely on him, agreed.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

Joe Burrow: It was exciting to call my own plays when communications went out last weekend

Posted by Josh Alper on January 26, 2022, 12:37 PM EST

Having communications between the coaching staff and the quarterback go down in the middle of a playoff game would be a nightmare for many teams, but Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow didn’t have that experience.

Burrow’s headset went down for several plays during the win over the Titans in the divisional round. He said it was something that had come up with head coach Zac Taylor in the past in a humorous way, but that it was “kind of exciting” to have it happen for real.

“Zac always jokes don’t pretend like the headset goes out so you can call your own plays. . . . All of them worked, That was fun,” Burrow said in his Wednesday press conference.

While it worked out last time, the Bengals would prefer to not have to deal with a lack of communication while playing at what should be a very loud Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Just want Bengals to win based on my dislike of Tyreek Hill. No one likes a smart arse and you would have thought after it bit him like it did with Winfield he’d drop it. * him. He’s on the s**t list. Still think Chiefs will win though.

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers
Welker was on the down turn with concussion issues IIRC when he left for the Broncos, and Cooks has put up more yards in a season than he did with NE with every other team hes played for , all of the Saints, Rams and Texans. Cooks is terribly underrated by so many people. Genuine gun who has performed at every stop.
This.
May not be in the very top echelon of the WR discussion but by god has he been incredibly consistent over his journey so far considering the amount of times he has changed uniforms.

2015-NO 1,138 yards, 9 TD
2016-NO 1,173, 8
2017-NE 1,082, 7
2018-LAR 1,204, 5
2020-HOU 1,150, 6
2021-HOU 1,037, 6

Left 2019 out at the Rams due to an interrupted season with multiple concussion issues.
If you put up those stats alone I’m not sure many at all would guess the WR is Cooks

Getting off topic with this discussion so I’ll finish by saying KC by 9 this week

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Pretty keen to see Burrow perform on the big stage, feels like they are playing with house money making it this far already.

Very keen to see what that team can do next year assuming they fix their O-line this off-season.
I don't think they win it all this year, even if they beat the chiefs they will be going up against either the Rams Dline or the 49s Dline which both are better than anything they have faced on this side.

Excited to see Chase too - his last 4-6 weeks has been huge. The Bengals are a fun team to watch, so different to the Andy Dalton years. However I think they're going to meet their match this week, their only chance is to beat the Chiefs in a shootout which will not be easy.

Back