Average votes per games won

Sam Walsh (Carl) - 3.75
Jack Steele (StK) -2.60
Darcy Parish (Ess) - 2.36
Marcus Bontempelli (WB) - 2.20
Ollie Wines (PA) - 2.11
Clayton Oliver (Melb) - 1.77

I will take anything at this point.

Steele with 26 votes after the start of the year we had speaks volumes of the leader and player we have.

If we can make finals next year then jack absolutely can win the brownlow next year

Onwards and upwards

Fully on the dees wagon now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon he would be just happier to have a good year, his teammates lift a bit and make finals and hopefully get through to the semis

Average votes per games won

Sam Walsh (Carl) - 3.75
Jack Steele (StK) -2.60
Darcy Parish (Ess) - 2.36
Marcus Bontempelli (WB) - 2.20
Ollie Wines (PA) - 2.11
Clayton Oliver (Melb) - 1.77

I will take anything at this point.
Do we have average votes per pets owned?

Happy for Wines to win it but don't reckon he had a 10 vote better season than Steeley.

There’s always a bit of shenanigans with votes, I don’t think Steele will ever be an ump favourite either. Started doing run with/tagger roles for us a few years ago and I don’t think the umps really appreciate the defensive side of the game. That massive tackle he layed on Hopper (?) when we played GWS that they called a dangerous tackle and penalised him for, just shows some of the tackling and defensive work is just seen as negative by umps.

But then Steele won the AFLPA Most Courageous Player award so I think that shows how he’s viewed by peers rather than umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s always a bit of shenanigans with votes, I don’t think Steele will ever be an ump favourite either. Started doing run with/tagger roles for us a few years ago and I don’t think the umps really appreciate the defensive side of the game. That massive tackle he layed on Hopper (?) when we played GWS that they called a dangerous tackle and penalised him for, just shows some of the tackling and defensive work is just seen as negative by umps.

But then Steele won the AFLPA Most Courageous Player award so I think that shows how he’s viewed by peers rather than umps.
Wines got more possies. Steele is also a tackling type midfielder , dont know if that has a bearing on it. Bont and others got more votes anyway. To win it in the years coming up he needs to find 6-8 more votes. The competition is very hot.

All umpires notice is quantity of midfielders winning the ball not quality.

Ball butchers like Dunstan and Ben Keays in the votes, can’t believe people want to keep Dunstan based upon Brownlow votes.

Based on this theory we should get rid of Sinclair as he he didn’t poll.

All umpires notice is quantity of midfielders winning the ball not quality.

Ball butchers like Dunstan and Ben Keays in the votes, can’t believe people want to keep Dunstan based upon Brownlow votes.

Based on this theory we should get rid of Sinclair as he he didn’t poll.
True, but most people would have picked Dunstan to get votes because he did play very well for 5-6 games and under the umpires eye. That was my point about other positions not getting a look in. So why didnt Sinclair poll a vote then?

St Kilda leaderboard

26 votes - Jack Steele
11 votes - Luke Dunstan
5 votes - Brad Crouch
4 votes - Zak Jones
4 votes - Bradley Hill
4 votes - Rowan Marshall
3 votes - Tim Membrey
3 votes - Max King
3 votes - Paddy Ryder
2 votes - Jack Billings
1 vote - Jade Gresham
1 vote - Jack Higgins
1 vote - Cooper Sharman
Sincs a bit stiff?

I have Steele maxing at 26 votes. I'll say as low as 21. So down the middle, let's say he'll poll 23 votes :thumbsupemoji:
Polling in 13 matches. Rounds 11-18 should be a good run. I think the team have let him down with some of those narrow losses, probably going to cost him up to 7 votes :(
Also hoping Dunstan doesn't do too much damage during his purple patch!

Nailed it. Steele got the 26 votes from the 13 matches. Why am I not a betting man?
Dunstan possibly took 4 votes away, still not enough to win it.

Umps are certainly influenced by media hype.

He did come third last season so I don’t think that the umps don’t rate him.

Bottom line, the team needs to improve which will then help him lift his game further. If the midfield lifts and he’s getting more goals as a midfielder they can’t help but notice him.

Surely Dunstan would have to have the VFL/AFL record for most votes in year by a delisted player.
What is with these comments lol. He's not delisted and he's not being delisted.

Wait, did Zak Jones only get 1 vote for that ridiculously dominant game against Hawthorn, when he had 37 disposals (16 contested), 13 score involvements, 7 clearances and kicked 2 goals!?

W

T

F

?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back