Game Day 2021 AFL Community Series - GIANTS v Swans 7th March 1.10PM @ Giants Staditum

Match Details

GIANTS v Swans
Sunday, March 7 at 1:10pm
GIANTS Stadium

Team Selection

The GIANTS will name their squad on Saturday at 6:20pm at giants.afl.

Ticketing

Tickets go on sale for this match on Wednesday via Ticketmaster.

All 2021 members are able to redeem a free ticket from 12pm before tickets go on-sale to the general public from 3pm.

Due to COVID requirements, all tickets must be purchased prior to the match with no tickets available at the gate.

Membership and Merchandise

Visit the GIANTS’ membership team outside Gate D at the membership marquee. GIANTS merchandise is available from the outlet inside Gate D.

Getting There

There is plenty of parking available in Sydney Olympic Park, and fans are encouraged to plan to arrive early. Click here to pre-book parking.

GIANTS Stadium is located just a short walk from Olympic Park Station, while bus services also stop at Olympic Park Station.

GIANTS Stadium is accessible by Sydney's ferry services with Sydney Olympic Park Wharf a short bus ride away.

To plan your trip to GIANTS Stadium click here.

Broadcast

Sunday’s AAMI Community Series match will be broadcast live from 1pm on Fox Footy, Kayo and on Triple M in Sydney.

Gonna have to watch this on replay given I'm well away from reception on Sunday. Hoping we don't really stuff about with it and just put our R1 team out

Never like assuming but Davis and Whitfield most likely won't play this week but should be right for Rd.1 meaning Buntine will play this week

But agree with you bangers, will be as good as Rd.1 line up after dusting off the cobwebs last week

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Never like assuming but Davis and Whitfield most likely won't play this week but should be right for Rd.1 meaning Buntine will play this week

But agree with you bangers, will be as good as Rd.1 line up after dusting off the cobwebs last week
Buntine can play this week as long as we don't have to play him during the H&A season, I shudder to think of that lack of speed and turning circle in a proper game

Apr 30, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Really looking forward to seeing how the boys throw themselves into this game and if there is any significant change to the game plan adopted over the last couple of years.
I’m particularly interested to see if they can prevent so many easy coast to coast goals against them. On the flip side, will be great to see the boys play with the confidence to take more chances out of defence and score a few more goals.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Team is out at 6.20 so I will have a go and the teams have had 26 named

Idun named on the field as I think the coaches have hopes for him with Keefe, Perryman and Shipley to rotate as defenders
I only have the 1 ruck but it could be that Buckley misses if Briggs is up for half the game
Hoping to see Shipley and O'Halloran see plenty of game time as they are close to next in line and will need the experience
Also I think this will be the test to see if Bruhn is good for a rd 1 spot and I am hoping he impresses

Cumming Davis Haynes
Ash Taylor Idun
Kelly Ward Perryman
Greene TOJ Coniglio
Hill Riccardi Lloyd
Flynn Taranto Hopper
HH MDB Green Buckley XOH Shipley Keefe Bruhn

FB: Nick Haynes, Lachlan Keeffe, Connor Idun
HB: Isaac Cumming, Sam Taylor, Harry Perryman
C: Josh Kelly, Tim Taranto, Callan Ward
HF: Tanner Bruhn, Harry Himmelberg, Matt de Boer
HF: Toby Greene, Jake Riccardi, Daniel Lloyd
RR: Kieren Briggs, Jacob Hopper, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Lachie Ash, Jack Buckley, Tom Green, Sam Reid
Nick Shipley, Matt Buntine, Xavier O’Halloran, Jeremy Finlayson*

*These players can be subbed into the game but the player they come in for can then take no further part in the game

Emergencies: Shane Mumford, Zach Sproule, Bobby Hill, Conor Stone

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

At Greater Western Sydney, uncapped ruckman Kieren Briggs will lead the ruck against Sydney at Giants Stadium with Matthew Flynn a test for round one with an ankle sprain and Shane Mumford an emergency.

Former skipper Phil Davis will play in the reserves after overcoming knee surgery.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
So Hill, Daniels, Preuss, Hogan, Flynn, Whitfield and Davis missing from best 22. Just the SEVEN before the season has started. Blimey.

So we’re missing KPD, KPF, both Rucks, #1 rated player, and two of our three top small forwards.

By contrast, look at the Cats, Pies, Tigers, Bombers all at close to full strength.

I’m not buying the “bad luck” narrative anymore re training, conditioning and medical.

We’ve clearly got some sort of systemic problem that Leon has failed to identify and/or address.

Patience is wearing very thin, particularly after the failures of 2020.

Thesharks

Debutant
Dec 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
where is Flynn?

Team is out at 6.20 so I will have a go and the teams have had 26 named

Idun named on the field as I think the coaches have hopes for him with Keefe, Perryman and Shipley to rotate as defenders
I only have the 1 ruck but it could be that Buckley misses if Briggs is up for half the game
Hoping to see Shipley and O'Halloran see plenty of game time as they are close to next in line and will need the experience
Also I think this will be the test to see if Bruhn is good for a rd 1 spot and I am hoping he impresses

Cumming Davis Haynes
Ash Taylor Idun
Kelly Ward Perryman
Greene TOJ Coniglio
Hill Riccardi Lloyd
Flynn Taranto Hopper
HH MDB Green Buckley XOH Shipley Keefe Bruhn

Personally I don't mind Briggs playing today, with no NEAFL last season he had no footy at all
Flynn showed us enough last week, Briggs plays a different style so will be interesting to see if he brings it to the 1sts

Also pleasing to see they only played 2 talls + Lloyd and Finlayson as a sub, Himmelberg has the opportunity in the 1st half to secure his spot for Rd.1
Finlayson will also be cover in the ruck as a sub if needed, so can be brought into the game even if HH playing well

Even with our injuries if Perryman can show his attacking game off the back line can only be a positive and later in the season team up with Whitfield as the 2 attacking players - in addition to Ash

Dry weather footy today is fantastic, cobwebs are dusted off from last week. Skills will be up and should be more free flowing

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Hoping for some bright spots in this game and no injuries
Not sure who is missing from the Swans best 22 apart from Buddy but hopefully we see an improvement in ball movement out of D50, sticking tackles and winning the contested ball

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Hoping for some bright spots in this game and no injuries
Not sure who is missing from the Swans best 22 apart from Buddy but hopefully we see an improvement in ball movement out of D50, sticking tackles and winning the contested ball
I know I can be mr negative, but I wouldn’t mind if we lost today. Last year we beat Richmond in the trial and Geelong in Rd 1.... then they got way ahead of themselves imo.

Back