Game Day 2021 AFL Community Series - GIANTS v Swans 7th March 1.10PM @ Giants Staditum

Quick take-aways

Tanner Bruhn is a very exciting prospect.
Tom Green was terrific and looks like he is a ready to be a week in week out AFL player.

Hopper was sharp, best I've seen him play, could be a break out year.

Perryman is composed and takes good options.

Matt DeBoar was good and not just in the lock down role.

I was pretty happy with our depth players, an area that many saw as an issue. Briggs was strong, Buckley was good, Idun was good, Keefe was good, XOH (in a very short period showed glimpses). All of those guys are probably outside best 22, and all looked good enough.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I think Leon knows he needs Sam Reid for round 1 vs the saints on a quick deck. The challenge of controlling Lonie, Butler, Gresham looks a monumental task for round 1

I read that Flynn missed with an ankle. What sort of injury? Was it like a rolled ankle or a sprained ankle?

I think J.Buckley and Bruhn plays round 1

I can only see P.Davis and Flynn coming back into the side today for round 1 dont think there is anyone else unless Bobby Hill just didnt have enough. Training under his belt to play today and plays well next weekend with Davis

Who are they playing for next weekend?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I think Leon knows he needs Sam Reid for round 1 vs the saints on a quick deck. The challenge of controlling Lonie, Butler, Gresham looks a monumental task for round 1

I read that Flynn missed with an ankle. What sort of injury? Was it like a rolled ankle or a sprained ankle?

I think J.Buckley and Bruhn plays round 1

I can only see P.Davis and Flynn coming back into the side today for round 1 dont think there is anyone else unless Bobby Hill just didnt have enough. Training under his belt to play today and plays well next weekend with Davis

Who are they playing for next weekend?

Rolled ankle for Flynn. Supposedly will be fine for round 1.

No idea about the weekend. Either another Intra-club or a game against the swans again probably.

Can’t wait to play someone else.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Haynes Davis cumming
Ward Taylor ash
Perryman Hopper taranto
Bruhn finlayson hill
Daniels himmelberg greene
Briggs/flynn Kelly coniglio

Idun
Green
Riccardi
Deboer

Would have thought this is close to the round 1 team.

1. If we are vsing multiple small forwards against a team like St. Kilda, then reid would take iduns spot
2. If Davis not fit, then Keefe comes in
3. If daniels not fit, then Lloyd comes in
4. Buckley on the cusp, but not sure who he would come in for at this stage

Anyone major I've missed?

Haynes Davis cumming
Ward Taylor ash
Perryman Hopper taranto
Bruhn finlayson hill
Daniels himmelberg greene
Briggs/flynn Kelly coniglio

Idun
Green
Riccardi
Deboer

Would have thought this is close to the round 1 team.

1. If we are vsing multiple small forwards against a team like St. Kilda, then reid would take iduns spot
2. If Davis not fit, then Keefe comes in
3. If daniels not fit, then Lloyd comes in
4. Buckley on the cusp, but not sure who he would come in for at this stage

Anyone major I've missed?
Based on the weekend selections it looks like Finlayson is outside the team at the moment

Back