Game Day 2021 AFL Draft & AFL Rookie Draft

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
View attachment 1287546
I was gonna ask what the FoxFooty team was on because it's definitely not legal, but then I noticed a total of three sides didn't recieve an A.

Interesting how the learned opinions differ so much hey? Chris Doerre pretty much failed them.
1637891830920.png

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
No one seems to talk about Chipper but he seems like a good wing option who accumulates a lot of possessions.
I rated Chipper last year and earlier in the year but he didn't quite come on like he needed to to get drafted. Possible he will get a rookie chance but I'd be a bit surprised.

For us I still think the most likely source of a rookie pick is SA...

Ferres, Lukac, Fejo Jnr, Harrison, Birt, Linke

Unless we have some relative unknown in mind from Vic. With 15 already selected from WA I'm not sure there is much left to be looking at - and those that are, are mids that aren't going to be better than Erasmus/Johnson.

Minz

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens
I do like reading this analysis of the Freo picks... "... I would've taken Erasmus" for pick 8 (Freo :blush:). "... and Freo should've picked someone like Johnson" for 10. Freo: "Hold my beer" https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...draft-************-espn-reviewing-first-round

Of course, the draft is won and lost in the next 5 years, not today, but Freo's haul looks likely to be handy.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would love to give Stretch a go. Very raw talent and most likely a bust but with a proper afl regime he could be something. Would need to add 10 kgs so probably not going to happen. What happened to my boy Bartlett 😫

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers

Torree

Premium Platinum
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would love to give Stretch a go. Very raw talent and most likely a bust but with a proper afl regime he could be something. Would need to add 10 kgs so probably not going to happen. What happened to my boy Bartlett 😫
I’m with you. Jahmal Stretch is the player I’d love to see Freo give a chance to. Such exciting potential.

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep. Not many of the mocks didn't have him in the first 13 picks. He's very quick and exceptionally skilled.

I think adding more pace has to be our goal again next off season. Another developing ruck/forward, a small forward and another winger and our list looks in great shape.

Freddie/Clarke/Henry on the wings in 2022.

We went pretty close to winning a flag with Sandilands/Fyfe/Mundy/Barlow/Crowley. No Usain Bolt's in that bunch.
Don't forget Walker also showed a bit of pace this year as well.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I do like reading this analysis of the Freo picks... "... I would've taken Erasmus" for pick 8 (Freo :blush:). "... and Freo should've picked someone like Johnson" for 10. Freo: "Hold my beer" https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...draft-************-espn-reviewing-first-round

Of course, the draft is won and lost in the next 5 years, not today, but Freo's haul looks likely to be handy.
Just from reading that I suspect he thought Johnson was going to go earlier than he did...

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
A tough one for the bashers on here to reconcile I'm guessing. What did he rate ours? Apparently we're also locked in for C- or worse from him.
A+ if I recall correctly

Fremantle
Picks: 8, 10, 21, 54

Players drafted: Jye Amiss, Neil Erasmus, Matthew Johnson, Eric Benning

Grade: A+

Rationale: The Dockers took Western Australians with all four of their selections. Their first and last picks in Amiss and Benning address their key forward needs. Amiss does his best work on the lead and, contrary to his name, is a reliable kick for goal. Benning is an athletic emerging key forward who can also push up through the ruck. The two value picks that make this an A+ draft were midfielders Erasmus and Johnson, with Erasmus a strong contested ball winner and mark while Johnson is a tall midfielder with rare skills and evasion for someone of his height.

...and we are about to kick off the procedural drafts where a lot of players will be selected for list management reasons. Not a large number of live picks coming up today.
35. And we have three so Blakely, Crowden and one more.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
We had 68 and 60 the came in to 61 and 53 after the father son bids ate a bunch of picks. We picked Benning with 53 then passed with our pick 61 as far as I know.
I'm reluctant to knock WCs drafting. The last time this board did that they won a flag. History has proven they usually know what they're doing, and their draft looks good imo.
I’ll never knock them till we are equal on premierships
Then we can throw shade , s**t ..... whatever we like

By "live picks" I mean selections that aren't already committed. There's going to be quite a number of recycled players.
Very true.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Nah we won't take a pick other than Crowden and Blakely IMO

Preseadon draft got used, Thompson to GC (Didn't want to lose him as rookie somewhere??) and Luke Nankervis to Crows

Nah we won't take a pick other than Crowden and Blakely IMO

Preseadon draft got used, Thompson to GC (Didn't want to lose him as rookie somewhere??) and Luke Nankervis to Crows

Tells me we're going one live pick

Back