Live Event 2021 AFL Draft live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They are injury depth - players who help you between rounds 12-17 when Jack or Lynch go down and allow you to keep your structure.

It actually shits me how much people discount the role Chol played for us in 2 flags. He came in both years and filled an important role when players like Nank & Lynch went down & helped us to win key games that allowed us to finish top 4. When his time was up to leave, he always did so with a humble attitude of "his job was done" & remained ready for the next time we needed him - guy was a great servant and important role player for 2 flags.

Even last year when the team was drowning in poor form and injures - in the 2 games we did manage to win - Chol played in one of them & got brownlow votes - he was 1 or our best 2 players in our ultra impressive win against the Lions.

You need depth the depth to keep your season purring when it can falter due to a bad injury run mid-year. Its pretty simple. I have no real issue with Tarrant coming in, but to think the same theory that explained his signing didn't apply for our forward line is madness, especially with 34 yo Jack and injury prone Lynch as your only 2 options.

If there was a talented FWD/Ruck available to have as back-up I’m all for it. Casboult is not talented. Tom Campbell is not talented. Chol and CJ have some talent. Casboult is completely useless, so not sure why you’d think him standing there like a big useless statue is better than Ryan, Gibcus or Soldo standing there like a statue is beyond me …..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

just had a good look and a giggle at some of our armchair experts on this board melting because the club didn't draft the players that they wanted.
Toys out of the cot stuff, piss funny.
It put me in such a good mood, I had to sit down and watch the 17,19 & 20 G.F replays.

Thanx for the belly laughs lads.

P.s. I hope Banks ends up the best of the 5.
just love his attitude

They are injury depth - players who help you between rounds 12-17 when Jack or Lynch go down and allow you to keep your structure.

It actually shits me how much people discount the role Chol played for us in 2 flags. He came in both years and filled an important role when players like Nank & Lynch went down & helped us to win key games that allowed us to finish top 4. When his time was up to leave, he always did so with a humble attitude of "his job was done" & remained ready for the next time we needed him - guy was a great servant and important role player for 2 flags.

Even last year when the team was drowning in poor form and injures - in the 2 games we did manage to win - Chol played in one of them & got brownlow votes - he was 1 or our best 2 players in our ultra impressive win against the Lions.

You need depth the depth to keep your season purring when it can falter due to a bad injury run mid-year. Its pretty simple. I have no real issue with Tarrant coming in, but to think the same theory that explained his signing didn't apply for our forward line is madness, especially with 34 yo Jack and injury prone Lynch as your only 2 options.

are we looking at the PSD do we have spots available?

Knightmare fixated on rating Alleer ahead of Gibcus, yet GWS tried desperately tried to trade up ahead of Richmond to get Gibcus.

You could go through 100 phantom drafts and he is likely the only who has that opinion.

Not saying he hasn't done his research or anything but I'm pretty confident Gibcus will be better. Very happy with that selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not who we took, its their positions.

The club desperately needs big forwards and pure midfielders. Instead we took 2 players in a position we are generally stacked in, and a small forward.

"
Samuel Banks (Clarence/Tasmania)
2/04/2003 | 186cm/72kg
Midfielder/Half-Back

Arguably Tasmania’s leading 2021 prospect, Banks was the Under 16 Division 2 MVP last year and has already turned out for the Tasmania Devils Under 18 side. The balanced midfielder/half-back has also played senior football for Clarence, showing plenty of class while disposing by foot. "

"
Samuel Banks (Clarence/Tasmania)
2/04/2003 | 186cm/72kg
Midfielder/Half-Back

Arguably Tasmania’s leading 2021 prospect, Banks was the Under 16 Division 2 MVP last year and has already turned out for the Tasmania Devils Under 18 side. The balanced midfielder/half-back has also played senior football for Clarence, showing plenty of class while disposing by foot. "
He'll start at HB, but eventually be a wing for us imo.

Nah I don’t agree, the YouTube experts in here said we sh*t the bed.
Nial needs some better sources.
Awesome Sauce GIFs | Tenor

Was stoked with landing Gibcus and Sonsie but like others was a little disappointed with the other 3 selections initially. Am starting to really warm to Banks, Brown and Clarke. The way the game is evolving we needed players with pace that can kick the ball. As some have suggested we struggled to get the ball out of defensive 50 and to turn our inside 50s into scores. We have definitely addressed that need. Be very interesting to see how these other “highly rated” draftees we passed on turn out. Backing the club to get it right. I personally believe we are a long shot to get another flag next year or 2023. You will never be able to replace Cotchin, Houli, Reiwoldt etc and I will never forget this golden run we have had the last few years for the rest of my life. However I think we have achieved what we can out of this list and it is time to plan ahead. I look forward to another crack in a few years time. Go Tiges!

What poeple also need to keep in mind is the game is changing and becoming more and more uncontested game

Unless you are fast and have a tank as well as being a good kick but more importantly a footballer with good I.Q

You will get left behind. No reason to say a quality contested ball winner wont be required but has to be the right one and in my mind it will be a proven player from another club once Cotchin,Jack,Edwards,Caddy are gone and we have the cap space to bring one to the club now that might be end of 2022 or 2023 but Dusty's contract will be just about done and our above stars will be off the books giving us room in the cap.

But lets fill the soldiers for now and pray 1-2 become stars and the others 200 game players

What poeple also need to keep in mind is the game is changing and becoming more and more uncontested game

Unless you are fast and have a tank as well as being a good kick but more importantly a footballer with good I.Q

You will get left behind. No reason to say a quality contested ball winner wont be required but has to be the right one and in my mind it will be a proven player from another club once Cotchin,Jack,Edwards,Caddy are gone and we have the cap space to bring one to the club now that might be end of 2022 or 2023 but Dusty's contract will be just about done and our above stars will be off the books giving us room in the cap.

But lets fill the soldiers for now and pray 1-2 become stars and the others 200 game players
Thats an adjustment of viewpoint since the mock draft, no?

Forgot to mention earlier but can we take some time to appreciate the coverage of the draft by the AFL. 90 seconds highlight packages of half the players in the draft pool, interviewing a player (Sonsie) and asking who the blokes beside him was (McDonald) when he was literally two picks before him.

******* embarrassing from a supposedly professional organisation.
Would you expect anything less from the mob that brought you slobbo, Leigh Montagna and David king.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back