Resource 2021 AFL Draft Order

See OP for details: click here

For 2022 picks click here

To embed this spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum please use the code below:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1E0oLMec2NV4YzS4OlWNu_b7RSm3D5jxoa3kZ2d_-gj8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Pick swap: Collingwood trade pick 27 to Richmond for 38, 40 and future 3rd (Rich)
Collingwood get: picks 38, 40 and future 3rd (tied to Richmond)

Richmond get: pick 27

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.18.25.png

Brisbane trade pick 54 to GWS in exchange for a future 3rd (Port)
Brisbane trade pick 54 to GWS in exchange for a future 3rd (tied to Port Adelaide).

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 17.50.19.png

Where is this weeks St.Kilda tranactions. Tom Campbbell, and Pick 55 or 58 from Collingwood?
Campbell is in the sticky. I don’t usually post screenshots for FA acquisitions as it doesn’t change the draft order.

As for the trade that went through this afternoon, I’m at a wedding and nowhere near a computer so you’ll have to wait 😊

Pick swap: Collingwood trade #55 to St Kilda in exchange for F4 (Adel)

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was a bit unimpressed by this article from Twomey

Aren't we now at the time when we know exactly which picks each team will take to the draft and we can knock off the surplus ones that teams don't have list spots for?

I was a bit unimpressed by this article from Twomey

Aren't we now at the time when we know exactly which picks each team will take to the draft and we can knock off the surplus ones that teams don't have list spots for?
Yep. It’s not Twomey that’s the problem though, he doesn’t update the draft order (he or the editors or other journos may possibly do it during the trade week idk, but not for this I think).

AFL HQ have to release the official one so that AFL Media and everyone else can copy it. Which afaik they haven’t done yet. Possibly business hours tomorrow?

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Carlton asking for an extra pick

Are they asking for a compo pick or for their next pick to be available now that a list spot is missing?

I thought there was another list lodgement before the draft which will allow them to gain another pick?

Or has the retirement come too late that they are out of luck with replacing him?

Carlton asking for an extra pick

Are they asking for a compo pick or for their next pick to be available now that a list spot is missing?

I thought there was another list lodgement before the draft which will allow them to gain another pick?

Or has the retirement come too late that they are out of luck with replacing him?
The latter.
No – the last list lodgement is after the draft for salary cap reconciliation purposes.
Yes.

See discussion here:

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
wont they be in the same position as Richmond when Rance retired?

Too late to get another spot, and given it was the players "choice" to retire, no exemptions made

wont they be in the same position as Richmond when Rance retired?

Too late to get another spot, and given it was the players "choice" to retire, no exemptions made
Yes

The AFL website has now published an updated draft order with inactive picks removed. Unfortunately there are a couple of discrepancies which I'll point out below. In any case, this order is now effectively finalised, pending clarification of those discrepancies :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.40.09.png

Hawthorn and Richmond's picks 77 and 79 respectively are evident in draft order;

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.42.08.png

But missing from the club by club summary;

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.43.19.png

Notably, while these picks are missing from the summary, the picks after 77 haven't been moved up either. So they're just completely absent from the club summary section, as if the order goes 76 78 80 81 82 83...

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
The AFL website has now published an updated draft order with inactive picks removed. Unfortunately there are a couple of discrepancies which I'll point out below. In any case, this order is now effectively finalised, pending clarification of those discrepancies :)

Hawthorn and Richmond's picks 77 and 79 respectively are evident in draft order;

Notably, while these picks are missing from the summary, the picks after 77 haven't been moved up either. So they're just completely absent from the club summary section, as if the order goes 76 78 80 81 82 83...
Hey Lore - did you get these discrepancies resolved?

Hey Lore - did you get these discrepancies resolved?
Oh, yeah my guess was right. They added the two picks in the 70s back to Richmond and Hawthorn in the club summaries to match the full order.

Shows that Collingwood and dogs have 3rd picks is that right?
nfi. I just did what FoxFooty told me to do and then the whole thing crashed like three times so idk where it's at anymore.

Collingwood had a heap of picks before hand and wouldn't have used all of them so that's probably right.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
nfi. I just did what FoxFooty told me to do and then the whole thing crashed like three times so idk where it's at anymore.

Collingwood had a heap of picks before hand and wouldn't have used all of them so that's probably right.
Did Fox maybe get some things wrong?

I was live calcing our picks and dogs used 5 picks before our 61 + 69 and pies used 4 picks before 61+69 so they should have moved up 9 (-2 for Daics and Darc) spots

So that leaves them at 54 and 62, 1 off from your list, did Fox stuff up with some of the live trades when they were calculating the picks?

EDIT: It seems we apparently started with 60 and 68 instead so that makes up the discrepancy, someones late pick must have slid out and been wasted pre draft?

Did Fox maybe get some things wrong?

I was live calcing our picks and dogs used 5 picks before our 61 + 69 and pies used 4 picks before 61+69 so they should have moved up 9 (-2 for Daics and Darc) spots

So that leaves them at 54 and 62, 1 off from your list, did Fox stuff up with some of the live trades when they were calculating the picks?

EDIT: It seems we apparently started with 60 and 68 instead so that makes up the discrepancy, someones late pick must have slid out and been wasted pre draft?
It's completely possible that Fox got some things wrong. I started with the order I had and if they told me numbers that didn't make sense then I went with whatever made the most sense to me (taking into account like you said that some move back and some move up with the bid).

The problem we have is that there is no authoritative source for live trades on draft day. They don't tweet them from the AFL spokesperson account, and when clubs or journos do announce a trade, the picks they quote are sometimes not the same ones you had after the previous trade. It's a total shitshow haha. So we just do the best we can and then they randomly call out a pick for some club that you didn't know had a pick and you just have to go with it.

The AFL website has put out a second round draft order but they seem to have given up trying to figure out what comes after that. haha.

So my best guess is the best guess we have I think.

Back