Resource 2021 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

LORE, sorry to be a nuisance, but the problem from my eyes is that no one knows who is participating in the draft, or for how many picks. I know the Saints have three unfilled positions on the senior list, then the retirement of Dylan Robertson, and we have several players who could be on the long term injury list, Gresham and Paton, and most clubs, would have injured players, so it is going to be very hard to call for the next three weeks, so I suppose we will all have to be patient. Unless there is a cut off date for putting players on the long term injury list.

LORE, sorry to be a nuisance, but the problem from my eyes is that no one knows who is participating in the draft, or for how many picks. I know the Saints have three unfilled positions on the senior list, then the retirement of Dylan Robertson, and we have several players who could be on the long term injury list, Gresham and Paton, and most clubs, would have injured players, so it is going to be very hard to call for the next three weeks, so I suppose we will all have to be patient. Unless there is a cut off date for putting players on the long term injury list.
Last time they put a list out of those who nominated a couple of weeks out

To be fair on Lore... it's just ladder position at the time, then take it in turns, don't really need a draft order for it, as there are no swapping/trading of positons in this one...

Don't create extra work when its not needed.

Yeah I don't know either sorry. I tried a few years ago with the national draft to figure out how many picks each club would have and there's always some information missing, mis-reported, or otherwise incorrect, rookies incorrectly marked as Category A or B, retirees that don't actually retire, and so on. So it requires a LOT of research even to get it right just for one club, let alone 18. There is a thread in the draft sub-board where people were trying to figure it out, but I don't think they came to any concrete conclusions either, and the OP is now completely out of date.

It's also a big job deleting picks and it's worse trying to put them back if you make a mistake. Doubly so if the ladder order is still changing around because you're not even working with plain data, it's all formulas and things. As Eth said, we are expecting them to publish a list of exactly how many picks each club has available, and once they do that I will update the table accordingly.

In any case, I doubt many clubs will take more than one pick as the draft pool is made up of last years leftovers and is not going to be big enough to support a draft of 30+ picks. And if clubs take less picks, everyone else just moves up one spot. 🤷‍♀️

Round 9, 2021
Round 10, 2021
Anyone familiar with what have been the least valuable draft hands a team has held prior to the trade period? Crazy seeing the Dogs with sub-1000 points right now
Not that unusual. The links to past spreadsheets going back to 2016 (when future pick trading was introduced) are in the OP, but the structure of the thread has changed over time so it's harder to find the pre-trade draft order before I started posting screenshots. Some of them also pre-date thread marks and sticky posts which made it harder to find s**t.

2016 – Hawthorn had 0 points after they traded literally everything out for O'Meara, barring a couple of 6th and 7th round picks. Melbourne also had about 300 points left. That's after the trade period though – obviously we haven't had the 2021 trade period yet!

2017 – Hawthorn and Essendon both entered the draft in Round 3, with about 400 points each. Same year, Port Adelaide had two thirds and three fourths for 1011 points.

2018 – Hawthorn and Essendon again, Essendon had a second and a fourth, Hawthorn had a third rounder.

2019 – West Coast (259), St Kilda (313), Collingwood (986)

2020 – West Coast (126), Geelong (962)

Why are you showing St.Kilda and other clubs with no 2nd round picks? I know that is the case for the proper draft, but surely for the mid seaon draft all clubs would have all their picks available to use. It is going to depend on list spots mainly for draft position.

Why are you showing St.Kilda and other clubs with no 2nd round picks? I know that is the case for the proper draft, but surely for the mid seaon draft all clubs would have all their picks available to use. It is going to depend on list spots mainly for draft position.
Can you please read the thread before posting? The answer is usually in the posts immediately prior, in this case, post #100.

The postponed game will effect the midseason draft if not played. The winner would almost certainly have moved up a position on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11, 2021
Mid-Season Rookie Draft Order as at 31/05/2021
Round 12, 2021
Round 13, 2021
Round 14, 2021
Round 15, 2021
Round 15, 2021:
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 12.25.15.png

If anyone is looking for the AFLW Draft Order, I've posted one in the women's footy board draft thread. Here:

Not that unusual. The links to past spreadsheets going back to 2016 (when future pick trading was introduced) are in the OP, but the structure of the thread has changed over time so it's harder to find the pre-trade draft order before I started posting screenshots. Some of them also pre-date thread marks and sticky posts which made it harder to find sh*t.

2016 – Hawthorn had 0 points after they traded literally everything out for O'Meara, barring a couple of 6th and 7th round picks. Melbourne also had about 300 points left. That's after the trade period though – obviously we haven't had the 2021 trade period yet!

2017 – Hawthorn and Essendon both entered the draft in Round 3, with about 400 points each. Same year, Port Adelaide had two thirds and three fourths for 1011 points.

2018 – Hawthorn and Essendon again, Essendon had a second and a fourth, Hawthorn had a third rounder.

2019 – West Coast (259), St Kilda (313), Collingwood (986)

2020 – West Coast (126), Geelong (962)
Do you know what the biggest deficit a club has taken into next year? If Darcy goes pick 1 the Dogs would looking at a 1400+ points deficit (no doubt they will be trading their current pick 17 for points)

Do you know what the biggest deficit a club has taken into next year? If Darcy goes pick 1 the Dogs would looking at a 1400+ points deficit (no doubt they will be trading their current pick 17 for points)
I think 1000 points – it was GWS's sanction for their part in the Lachie Whitfield dodging routine drug testing by hiding at someone else's house saga.

Other than that there have been a couple of 100-300 point carry overs for Fremantle, Port Adelaide and another club iirc, and I think one club also had a surplus as well.

Nothing applicable this year, thankfully. It makes a real mess.

Other than that there have been a couple of 100-300 point carry overs for Fremantle, Port Adelaide and another club iirc, and I think one club also had a surplus as well.

GWS had a deficit from Green, and also had the small surplus (from Hopper).

Round 16, 2021
Round 17, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back