Resource 2021 AFL Draft Order

See OP for details: click here

For 2022 picks click here

To embed this spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum please use the code below:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1E0oLMec2NV4YzS4OlWNu_b7RSm3D5jxoa3kZ2d_-gj8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Round 18, 2021
Round 18, 2021:
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 10.58.27.png

Round 19, 2021
Round 20, 2021
Round 21, 2021
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hey Lore, just looking back at last year's draft (in regards GWS), I noticed that the GWS-Pies trade was:

Capture - Pies GWS Trade.PNG

So, the current pick #71 in your spreadsheet that is assigned to GWS (from Geelong), surely should actually be with Collingwood, I think?

IIRC, after the trade period last year, you had trouble making that pick move from Cats to GWS and stick; you might have had to put a thumb tack through it and it didn't then move over to Collingwood.

Or I could just be wrong. My wife often tells me so.

Hey Lore, just looking back at last year's draft (in regards GWS), I noticed that the GWS-Pies trade was:

View attachment 1205832

So, the current pick #71 in your spreadsheet that is assigned to GWS (from Geelong), surely should actually be with Collingwood, I think?

IIRC, after the trade period last year, you had trouble making that pick move from Cats to GWS and stick; you might have had to put a thumb tack through it and it didn't then move over to Collingwood.

Or I could just be wrong. My wife often tells me so.
The pick that didn't stick was last year I think. Very frustrating! No idea what goes on with google sheets sometimes.

Looking at the thread history I assumed that the future 4th that Collingwood received from GWS was GWS's, as usually when they don't specify that means it was their own pick. That was recorded here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...based-on-current-ladder.1251001/post-68229916

And then Collingwood on-traded whichever pick they got from GWS to Port Adelaide, according to here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...based-on-current-ladder.1251001/post-68234813

AFL House are more reliable than the clubs in being specific about which picks were traded, but they didn't tweet the trades that happened on draft night last year, so it's hard to officially confirm what happened.

Going off the trade tracker, which appears to be the only source, GWS was supposed to keep their own 4th round pick (67) and Geelong's 4th (73) is with Port via Collingwood. 😛

I won't post another screenshot until the round is finished as it might be confusing for people, but it's in the live spreadsheet in the sticky and the OP. :)

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
The pick that didn't stick was last year I think. Very frustrating! No idea what goes on with google sheets sometimes.

Looking at the thread history I assumed that the future 4th that Collingwood received from GWS was GWS's, as usually when they don't specify that means it was their own pick. That was recorded here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...based-on-current-ladder.1251001/post-68229916

And then Collingwood on-traded whichever pick they got from GWS to Port Adelaide, according to here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...based-on-current-ladder.1251001/post-68234813

AFL House are more reliable than the clubs in being specific about which picks were traded, but they didn't tweet the trades that happened on draft night last year, so it's hard to officially confirm what happened.

Going off the trade tracker, which appears to be the only source, GWS was supposed to keep their own 4th round pick (67) and Geelong's 4th (73) is with Port via Collingwood. 😛

I won't post another screenshot until the round is finished as it might be confusing for people, but it's in the live spreadsheet in the sticky and the OP. :)
Thanks Lore - as always, you have an amazingly quick grasp of everything. :thumbsu:

Round 22, 2021
Round 23, 2021
Round 23, 2021:
Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 20.21.54.png

Any picks that are dependent on the finishing positions of finals sides may still change, the rest are now basically settled (other than the application of free agency compensation).

With finals the ladder order isn't live, so I will be updating it at the end of each week.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Round 23, 2021:
View attachment 1213877

Any picks that are dependent on the finishing positions of finals sides may still change, the rest are now basically settled (other than the application of free agency compensation).

With finals the ladder order isn't live, so I will be updating it at the end of each week.

The trade/FA period will, once again, go bonkers.

We still have finals to come but I can't wait for it to go off.

Finals Week 1, 2021
Finals Week 1, 2021:

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 20.36.56.png

All picks attached to Essendon and Sydney's finishing positions are now finalised prior to trade period :)

Semi-Finals, 2021
Preliminary Finals, 2021
I'm after a mock draft that features more than 30. I found 1 poster
Yep just the one afaik, which is PMBangers: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/pmbangers-2021-draft-board.1258182/post-71751422

Most are doing top 30 or top 50 prospects, not linked to clubs. It's unlikely you'll get many proper full mock drafts until after trade period, then there will be heaps.

Davo-27 's most recent "top 50" is here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/davo-27s-2021-u18-draft-thread.1252633/post-72059273

The others don’t have a top 50 in a list afaik

Now that the GF is done and another season completed, we finally have the first semblance of a draft order.
And for the first time it hasn't changed from the previous round!

Grand Final, 2021

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I've just posted the 2022 draft order thread, which will track future pick trades starting from Monday (when the trade period starts). I'll probably sticky it then, but for now here's a link: FUTURE PICK TRACKER (2022 Provisional Draft Order)
Lore, do you know if there is a thread or a place that (tries) to track how many list spaces each club has?
It's amazing how confusing what should be a simple manner of counting and subtracting becomes, what with rookie lists, category B, etc.

Lore, do you know if there is a thread or a place that (tries) to track how many list spaces each club has?
It's amazing how confusing what should be a simple manner of counting and subtracting becomes, what with rookie lists, category B, etc.
It's certainly ridiculous. People try to figure it out sometimes but they're nearly always wrong. I've tried before too. There's always some damned club that doesn't specify that someone's Cat A or Cat B, or someone who re-signed and they didn't tell us, or whatever.

You're welcome to have a crack at it though haha.

Back