Resource 2021 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

It's certainly ridiculous. People try to figure it out sometimes but they're nearly always wrong. I've tried before too. There's always some damned club that doesn't specify that someone's Cat A or Cat B, or someone who re-signed and they didn't tell us, or whatever.

You're welcome to have a crack at it though haha.
The Lions re-signed two of their young players last year to extend them into 2022 and only realised they never made a thing of it (or even announced it) when it was pointed out on a podcast last week.

The Lions re-signed two of their young players last year to extend them into 2022 and only realised they never made a thing of it (or even announced it) when it was pointed out on a podcast last week.
hahaha. Essendon re-signed Mosquito last year and it wasn't until the Q&A at the AGM that we had confirmation from the club. They later put a thing on the club website. But that was only a month late, not 12 months 🤣

Adelaide receives Band 5 compensation pick for Jake Kelly (currently pick 42)
First draft order update for the year!

Jake Kelly joins Essendon as an unrestricted free agent.

Adelaide receives a Band 5 compensation pick (directly after their original Round 3 pick, so currently pick 42)

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 16.51.04.png

Richmond receives Band 4 compensation pick for Mabior Chol (currently pick 38)
Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast as an unrestricted free agent (previously delisted).

Richmond receive a Band 4 compensation pick (directly following the conclusion of Round 2, currently pick 38)

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 17.03.53.png

And fixed up the black background formatting for priority/compensation picks. They're automatic now too, coz manually updating it sucks 😒

Let me know if anything else is dodgy, adding compensation picks always gets a little messy. :p

Sydney receives Band 4 compensation for George Hewett (currently pick 39)
George Hewett joins Carlton as a restricted free agent.

Sydney receives Band 4 compensation for George Hewett (pick fits in directly following the conclusion of Round 2, in reverse ladder order with other compensation picks – currently pick 39 following Richmond's Chol pick)

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 14.22.59.png

Pick swap: Collingwood trade future 2nd, future 3rd and future 4th to Gold Coast for picks 22, 46, 58, 79 and their future 4th
Kreuger (Geelong) and #55 traded to Collingwood for #41

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4-way pick swap: Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda & Adelaide
Melbourne get: pick 17, pick 49, pick 37
Melbourne give: pick 45, pick 33, future 1st (Melb)

Western Bulldogs get: pick 23, pick 44, pick 45
Western Bulldogs give: pick 17, pick 75

St Kilda get: pick 62, pick 66, future 4th (Adel)
St Kilda give: pick 49

Adelaide get: pick 33, future 1st (Melb), pick 75
Adelaide give: pick 37, pick 62, pick 66, future 4th (Adel), pick 23, pick 44

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 17.25.41.png

As always please let me know if you see something that doesn't seem right. :)

Melbourne get: pick 17, pick 49, pick 37
Melbourne give: pick 45, pick 33, future 1st (Melb)

Western Bulldogs get: pick 23, pick 44, pick 45
Western Bulldogs give: pick 17, pick 75

St Kilda get: pick 62, pick 66, future 4th (Adel)
St Kilda give: pick 49

Adelaide get: pick 33, future 1st (Melb), pick 75
Adelaide give: pick 37, pick 62, pick 66, future 4th (Adel), pick 23, pick 44

View attachment 1254274

As always please let me know if you see something that doesn't seem right. :)

Geelong have pick 41 & Collingwood 55

Geelong have pick 41 & Collingwood 55
That is really, really strange. It's right in the spreadsheet, but somehow the screenshot from the pick swap has those two picks backwards, as if I hadn't put the Kreuger trade in yet (which I clearly did yesterday, as is evident in the post above that).

What the actual *?

Here's a new screenshot of what it looks like now 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 18.52.02.png

That is really, really strange. It's right in the spreadsheet, but somehow the screenshot from the pick swap has those two picks backwards, as if I hadn't put the Kreuger trade in yet (which I clearly did yesterday, as is evident in the post above that).

What the actual fu**?

Here's a new screenshot of what it looks like now 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

View attachment 1254349

Freddie Kreuger mucking up your order in the midst of Halloween.

Pick swap: Collingwood trades #22 to Fremantle in exchange for #27 and a future 3rd (Fremantle)
Brodie (Gold Coast) with #19, #61, #69 to Fremantle for a future 2nd and a future 4th (both Fremantle)
Fremantle get Will Brodie, pick 19, pick 61 and pick 69
Gold Coast get a future 2nd (Fremantle) and a future 4th (Fremantle)

**presumably also trading some cap space here**

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.45.44.png

Adam Cerra (Fremantle) traded to Carlton for pick 6 and a future 3rd (tied to Carlton)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back