Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:

nelk boys

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
28 Louis Thompson - Father son Hawks

Didn’t have a whole heap of the footy, but was very eye catching when he did. Lining up mostly at half-forward, he’d drift across and impact aerial contests well, with one particular instance in the first quarter leading to a mark a good five meters in front of the pack, which he converted into a goal. When in the midfield, he was really clean in traffic, getting around opponents easily to then handball to a teammate on the outside. He went on a few good runs where he’d be confident and assured taking on opponents, standing up strongly on the rare occasions he was caught. Looked to be on the wing for the fourth quarter where he became a strong driver for the Pioneers going forward, using his speed and agility well then kicking to teammates.

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
28 Louis Thompson - Father son Hawks

Didn’t have a whole heap of the footy, but was very eye catching when he did. Lining up mostly at half-forward, he’d drift across and impact aerial contests well, with one particular instance in the first quarter leading to a mark a good five meters in front of the pack, which he converted into a goal. When in the midfield, he was really clean in traffic, getting around opponents easily to then handball to a teammate on the outside. He went on a few good runs where he’d be confident and assured taking on opponents, standing up strongly on the rare occasions he was caught. Looked to be on the wing for the fourth quarter where he became a strong driver for the Pioneers going forward, using his speed and agility well then kicking to teammates.
Who is his dad? Nathan Thompson?

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Finally found an article that says he is Nathan’s son. Only hawks have availability to him as a father son as Nathan didn’t play enough footy at Roos.
Assuming he wants to sign with the hawks. His dad has a massive chip on his shoulder when it comes to the hawks, and barely has a nice word to say about us either

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Worth a read and sorta confirms that there will be a deep class this year.
Callow the interesting note in there; I recon we will grab him mid season.
If we don’t get a top 5 pick I’d be moving that on for someone like Cerra and bank the second Rd selections.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we don’t get a top 5 pick I’d be moving that on for someone like Cerra and bank the second Rd selections.

This post was a continuation of the previous post in the trade thread regarding the trade value of Cerra and the likelihood of where we would value the pick.

I don’t get you mods at times hey. Pretty easy to read the context of the discussion to ascertain that it was t a random insert 🤦🏼‍♂️

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No way I am giving up a top 10 pick in this years draft, especially for Cerra. The guy is an average kick with average leg speed. Just don’t get the fuss. Good player but I want an exceptional midfield talent with our 1st pick later this year. Definitely keep our 2 2nd rounders and definitely consider giving up our 2022 1st rounder for a mid to late 1st rounder in this years draft. 4 picks in the top 25-30 would compliment our emerging young talent perfectly.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
No way I am giving up a top 10 pick in this years draft, especially for Cerra. The guy is an average kick with average leg speed. Just don’t get the fuss. Good player but I want an exceptional midfield talent with our 1st pick later this year. Definitely keep our 2 2nd rounders and definitely consider giving up our 2022 1st rounder for a mid to late 1st rounder in this years draft. 4 picks in the top 25-30 would compliment our emerging young talent perfectly.

Many (including myself) believe he will be an exceptional midfielder. He showed it in round 1 and 2. Could have Brownlow votes from both games.

Assuming he wants to sign with the hawks. His dad has a massive chip on his shoulder when it comes to the hawks, and barely has a nice word to say about us either
Yeah right. That’s why his kids dress in Hawks gear at Hawks game, I guess.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What clubs need points?

Collingwood?
Collingwood have their points sorted but depends how the season progress the Gold Coast have a few players in their academy that show promise, but with covid last year there could be some real bolters so it's a hard gauge. Two mid 20 picks equaling pick 9 shows the insanity of the pick value system.

Sonsie would be a good call at pick 2, classy on both sides, got good leg speed and finds plenty of it. Bit similar to Cotchin.

Horne, Sinn or Sonsie?

1f286f59598a04ada5d849dd336e6d78.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back