Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Maybe Norf will have a brain explosion at draft again this year and leave Horne to us, if we finish above them.

Who knows. Lots of football still to be played for both the kids and AFL teams.

Christ! Would absolutely love him, but you have to assume he is North bound the poor guy.
Tank Morris wants him, bad.

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Worst comes to worst, we get Sinn, who is what we need as well, big, fast and a good user of the ball

I agree with this. I believe we need desperately a really creative and clean midfielder. We have a lot of grunt, power and clearance players, but need the player who can fire low sharp darts into the forward line.

I only we could clone Sam Mitchell over and over and over :p

Oct 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep. Including if we actively make space for extra picks. I think If Patton goes that’s 1 spot, but unless Sicily won’t come back this year we may need another spot created. Will silk be at 400 games by time of the MSD?

If he plays/med-sub every game, his 400th will be against GC, 4 days before the MSD on June 2nd ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be great if North panic into selecting a KP after not picking Mcdonald last year and the best midfielder slides to last (based on the draft being midfielder heavy)
The top 6-8 players all said to be mids.

they’d be reaching to take a tall over one of Horne, Sinn or Sonsie at this stage ....but I guess we know they have form with the Logan/Phillips pick.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
That 2nd highlight is legitimately one of the most cooked things I've ever seen on a footy field lol

Man that 2nd clip is the sort of thing you do in a video game whilst thinking 'lmfao this is so unrealistic you can't do that s**t in real life...'

The poise, class and skill to go with the athleticism to get it done, he is a really really special talent.

Callow was given a wide berth by every club in the draft, and then the rookie draft.

I’ll be pretty bummed if we went for him in the mid season draft considering that we need class around the ball, not another Pick 75 equaivalent tall forward.

Imagine if we pick up someone more like Tim Kelly? Yes, please.

We should be scouring every league for class ball winners with pace.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In the mid season draft, Just take the fastest kid who can kick and generally football ok and find a position for him. The more fast and skilled players we can find the better. Otherwise, we need another developing kpd.

best available in the main draft. Probably a gun midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back