Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:

You can go into deficit 🤷‍♂️
true, dat...

Will be a big deficit the following year... (Giants first pick will help alleviate this), but they might end us with Daicos, and then be forced to promote rookie/take pick 80-ish...a la Hawthorn.

If they get Daicos, i guess they will be happy.

In reverse, gws has collingwoods first, Collingwood has no first round pick
Ok, forget their first round...BIG deficit looming if they decide Daicos is worth it.

In reverse, gws has collingwoods first, Collingwood has no first round pick
Sorry, they have Dogs second.

If Dogs win the flag, that could be late 30s, early 40s. Not sure how they're getting points to match a bid at pick 1.....maybe another star cut loose this trade period?

Ok, forget their first round...BIG deficit looming if they decide Daicos is worth it.
As their points stand right now, if Daicos goes pick one they will -900. turns pick 2 into pick 7.. pick 5 into pick 18:eek:

People should also keep in mind you can only use live picks this year eg only able to use the number picks equal to list spots open, getting an extra 900 points wont be easy.

From the looks of it, the Pies will enter the draft at the Dogs 2nd rounder, currently pick 36.

If a bid for Daicos comes at pick 1, with a 20% discount, Collingwood will need 2,400 points.

Pick 36 is worth 502 points. They are 1,898 points short.

At this stage, I think they have Adelaide and Carlton's 3rd rounder. (They'll need enough open list spots to take those picks in to match)
So they will hold 38, 42 and 46 (based on current ladder positions), which is another 1,191 points. So they will still be 707 points short.

Wonder what they will be willing to give up to get these points.....and if we can pounce somehow

Wonder who they will cut to get these open list spots?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davo-27
Who are the young promising midfielder who have pace, break lines with long precision kicking into inside 50's

outside mids would be Josh Sinn and Finn Callaghan who i think are the best options.

inside mids that are not Nick Daicos(coll f/s) are Matthew Johnson, i also like Ned Long and Campbell Chesser, i also like Ben Hobbs, Joshua Browne and Matthew Roberts, but i would like to see more of them in big games for better context. Jason Horne is likely gone at 1 or 2, plenty of options in the first round, maybe a couple ive missed too.

outside mids would be Josh Sinn and Finn Callaghan who i think are the best options.

inside mids that are not Nick Daicos(coll f/s) are Matthew Johnson, i also like Ned Long and Campbell Chesser, i also like Ben Hobbs, Joshua Browne and Matthew Roberts, but i would like to see more of them in big games for better context. Jason Horne is likely gone at 1 or 2.
Sinn, Chesser, or Johnson with our first, Callaghan or Erasmus with our second if possible.

I think we got waaaaaay off topic here.

All clubs get the points they want every year with trades, one way or another.

Who we should trade, who another club should trade, how they get more points, how we get more points ..... is not what this thread is about.

Let’s stick to discussing the kids in this draft, please.

So why cant the hawks take a standout form next seasons draft in the mid season? Burger's nephew for example

because the kids born in 2003 are not available to be drafted, you have to be someone who has applied to the 2020 draft or be delisted from an AFL team to be available for the mid season draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back