Teams 2021 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well give me what you got

Whitfield - Witherden - Williams - Milera - Young - Gould (Wehr - Bianco)

Adams - Gaff - Duncan - Taranto - Rowell - Cunnington - Downie - Robertson (Valante - RCD)

Grundy - Pruess (Treacy)

Marshall - J. Martin - Phillips - Fantasia - Cockatoo - Rowe (Kelly, Jones) (Williams)
Only 3 premos and a few rookies different to mine. I like it

View attachment 1051611
All my locks are in. Don't need to change them at all. Any improvements needed?
This is a classic guns and rookies approach. Top line is elite - potentially up to 10 season long keepers. On the other hand there’s 8 rookies on field and a further 8 on the bench - it’s said every year but due to COVID there will be a significant drop in rookies (especially basement) this year. Throw in the 2020 draft class not having played football in 12 months and you may find yourself readjusting rookies often over the first 6 weeks. The upside is that you’ve paid up for your starting rookies do finding cash to jump ship to another cash cow shouldn’t be too difficult. The main improvement I’d make is reaching for a little bit more value to sure up your back end - maybe bump a rookie from your midfield.

This is a classic guns and rookies approach. Top line is elite - potentially up to 10 season long keepers. On the other hand there’s 8 rookies on field and a further 8 on the bench - it’s said every year but due to COVID there will be a significant drop in rookies (especially basement) this year. Throw in the 2020 draft class not having played football in 12 months and you may find yourself readjusting rookies often over the first 6 weeks. The upside is that you’ve paid up for your starting rookies do finding cash to jump ship to another cash cow shouldn’t be too difficult. The main improvement I’d make is reaching for a little bit more value to sure up your back end - maybe bump a rookie from your midfield.
exactly this .....but we all need depth now for the min 12 day concussion rest

Harder to carry a thin bench, so our bench's need to be stronger .....to achieve that with a lower pool of Rookies, we need less Rookies on-field

Think the backline and ruck divisions are your most solid. Midfield is huge, but Simpkin and Hately are not guys I'm confident on (especially with Milera going into the mids for Crows and Cunnington returning for Roos). Forward line is pretty speculative, and Daniher is made of paper, so not sure I'd want to risk that much on him.

Xerri I'm curious about, as Goldy has a monopoly on that ruck role, so is Xerri likely to play back up ruck/forward now that Brown has gone/Comben is injured?

Young tall Tristan Xerri impressed as a marking forward target and Ben McKay was also solid playing in key defence, while ex-Brisbane big man Sam Skinner continues to show strong signs as a tall forward option as he pushes for a spot on the club's list via the pre-season supplemental period.

V3

Whitfield, Laird, Z Will, Harmes, Milera, Wehr (Bianco, Gould)

Merrett, Adams, Taranto, Walsh, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, Downie (Davies, 170k)

O Mac, Preuss (Fullarton, Flynn UTL)

Zorko, Phillips, Rozee, Cockatoo, Campbell, Macrae (Robertson, 170k)

Taking on R1 & F4 which allows rock solid DEF and MID lines. Will change if Buddy gets up for round 1 but not holding my breath. Toss up between Adams/O Mac and Grundy/Hately but I think O Mac provides safer value in that mid price bracket.

V3

Merrett, Adams, Taranto, Walsh, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, Downie (Davies, 170k)

Taking on R1 & F4 which allows rock solid DEF and MID lines. Will change if Buddy gets up for round 1 but not holding my breath. Toss up between Adams/O Mac and Grundy/Hately but I think O Mac provides safer value in that mid price bracket.
Crazy how many opportunities not starting a top tier ruck opens up. I wish I could do the same but not after last year.

V3

I love the side but think it's real ambitious starting 3 rookies forward. Does allow for the rest of the side to be deep as * though....

Sunday version. Seems to change daily.
Don’t mind it so far for balance. Spent most of the money but definitely flexible for changes.

Backs:
Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Houng, Loung, DGB

Mids:
Gaff, Laird, Taranto, Cerra, Anderson, Hately, Perkins, Whillips

Rucks:
Big O, Preuss

Forwards:
Marshall, Bolton, Thillips, Caldwell, Kelly, Campbell (or anyone else in that range or cheaper)

Sunday version. Seems to change daily.
Don’t mind it so far for balance. Spent most of the money but definitely flexible for changes.

Backs:
Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Houng, Loung, DGB

Mids:
Gaff, Laird, Taranto, Cerra, Anderson, Hately, Perkins, Whillips

Rucks:
Big O, Preuss

Forwards:
Marshall, Bolton, Thillips, Caldwell, Kelly, Campbell (or anyone else in that range or cheaper)
I'd get rid of Whitfield due to his bruised kidney.
SOme interesting POD's there in Cerra, Anderson and Bolton, none of which I even have on my watch list!!

My current team, pretty happy with the setup, $99k left

Lloyd, Doc, Williams, Milera, HYoung, Cumming (Gould, Wehr)

Adams, Gaff, Taranto, Rowell, Cunnington, LYoung, Phillips, Powell (Valente, RCD)

Draper, Pruess (Fullarton)

Dunkley, Marshall, Phillips, Daniher, Campbell, MaCrae (Kelly, Rowe)

I like the fact that if a couple of extra cheap rooks look good I have the setup to go a midpricer down/up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team 1.0:

DEF
Laird, Doch, ZWill, Milera, Cumming, Wehr (Gould, Bianco)

MID
Adams, Gaff, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, Downie (Davies, RCD)

RUCk
OMac, Preuss (Fullarton)

FOR
Sidebottom, Phillips, Rozee, JCameron, Braeden Campell, FMacrae (Robertson,Kelly)

Major issue is probably chasing too much value around the ground. Need Docherty to score be a keeper, but not too convinced he finishes top 6 def, can any bombers fans tell me if Saad is any good at kick ins, because I'd like to see Doc take up a good share of Simmo's old ones and Saad could be a threat to that.

Forward line is a toughie because I'm hesitant to pick Danger, Zorko, Dunkley or Dusty for one reason or another, so I felt like I had to shell out for Sidebottom, even if I have to pay through the nose. Ill also need one of Cameron or Rozee to be close to being a top 6 forward

My current team, pretty happy with the setup, $99k left

Lloyd, Doc, Williams, Milera, HYoung, Cumming (Gould, Wehr)

Adams, Gaff, Taranto, Rowell, Cunnington, LYoung, Phillips, Powell (Valente, RCD)

Draper, Pruess (Fullarton)

Dunkley, Marshall, Phillips, Daniher, Campbell, MaCrae (Kelly, Rowe)

I like the fact that if a couple of extra cheap rooks look good I have the setup to go a midpricer down/up
I’d go a little cheaper up fwd (maybe punt against Dunkley) and try turn L Young into a Hately or gun. Apart from that solid

I’d go a little cheaper up fwd (maybe punt against Dunkley) and try turn L Young into a Hately or gun. Apart from that solid
Cheers,
My thinking on Dunkley is that if he goes big he is going to go up so quickly that everyone else might miss out!!
I think the worst he will do is 100-105 so worth the punt.
I'm really not sold on Hately, currently one I'm happy to go against!
L Young is a bit of a maybe place holder currently. Could be the 2nd quarter back behind McDonald and be good for 70avg but if a cheaper rookie comes up I'm more likely to go them and keep a bit more $$ to start!

Cheers,
My thinking on Dunkley is that if he goes big he is going to go up so quickly that everyone else might miss out!!
I think the worst he will do is 100-105 so worth the punt.
I'm really not sold on Hately, currently one I'm happy to go against!
L Young is a bit of a maybe place holder currently. Could be the 2nd quarter back behind McDonald and be good for 70avg but if a cheaper rookie comes up I'm more likely to go them and keep a bit more $$ to start!
Love me some Dunkley but just speculating on roles here, reasonably likely he doesn’t get a heap of time as a pure on baller this year. Can still score well regardless but 2018 looks the reference point when he was predominantly forward of the ball for a 95 ave.

Hately again depends on role. If he’s got it 85 is far from out of the question.. did average 70 (adjusted) from his 13 games so far with 0 CBA’s and limited opportunity and has a fantasy friendly game.

Dunkley 95 + L Young 60
>>>
Hately 85 + Cockatoo 65

Gives you 300k more to play with for potentially little to no points lost.

Love me some Dunkley but just speculating on roles here, reasonably likely he doesn’t get a heap of time as a pure on baller this year. Can still score well regardless but 2018 looks the reference point when he was predominantly forward of the ball for a 95 ave.

Hately again depends on role. If he’s got it 85 is far from out of the question.. did average 70 (adjusted) from his 13 games so far with 0 CBA’s and limited opportunity and has a fantasy friendly game.

Dunkley 95 + L Young 60
>>>
Hately 85 + Cockatoo 65

Gives you 300k more to play with for potentially little to no points lost.
Like your thinking but if you look at total games from Cockatoo (taking into account his injury history and J/S), then total points may end up being similar.
Plus if Dunkley ends up being a top 5 fwd, then it's one less trade!!

Like your thinking but if you look at total games from Cockatoo (taking into account his injury history and J/S), then total points may end up being similar.
Plus if Dunkley ends up being a top 5 fwd, then it's one less trade!!
Cockatoo sort of a place holder like L Young I guess. Main thing was saving 250k between the other two for potentially only a 10 point loss. Just my two cents mate.

Cockatoo sort of a place holder like L Young I guess. Main thing was saving 250k between the other two for potentially only a 10 point loss. Just my two cents mate.
Yeah all good!!

I'm happy to (and did have up until this morning) have Hately/Caldwell and a rook instead of Dunkley and Young if needed

I'd get rid of Whitfield due to his bruised kidney.
SOme interesting POD's there in Cerra, Anderson and Bolton, none of which I even have on my watch list!!
Yeah I'll hold him for now. A lot of time to pass before we get to that stage so who knows what could happen. If not Whitfield, I would probably go Stewart.

Laird, Williams, Harmes, Milera, Young, Cumming

Merrett, Gaff, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, Young

ROB, Preuss

Marshall, Phillips, Cameron, Franklin, Macrae, Robertson

I don't love it but thats where I'm at atm😆

Lloyd, Williams, Milera, Cumming, H Young, L Young (rook, rook)

Gaff, Laird, Taranto, Simpkin, Serong, Rowell, Phillips, Pedlar (rook, rook)

ROB, Pruess (rook)

Marshall, Phillips, Rozee, Daniher, Campbell, Rowe (rook, rook)

Got ~ $50k leftover.

Worried there may be too few legitimate captaincy options but don't hate it. Daniher and Pedlar consistently being swapped around with Harmes and Cockatoo, favouring the latter tbh.

Lloyd, Williams, Milera, Cumming, H Young, L Young (rook, rook)

Gaff, Laird, Taranto, Simpkin, Serong, Rowell, Phillips, Pedlar (rook, rook)

ROB, Pruess (rook)

Marshall, Phillips, Rozee, Daniher, Campbell, Rowe (rook, rook)

Got ~ $50k leftover.

Worried there may be too few legitimate captaincy options but don't hate it. Daniher and Pedlar consistently being swapped around with Harmes and Cockatoo, favouring the latter tbh.
Between Lloyd, Gaff and ROB I think you'll be fine in regards to captain options

So after many changes, I'm here......mid price utter chaos!!

Laird, Doc, Williams, Harmes, Milera, HYoung (Gould, Wehr)

Gaff, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Hatley, Powell, F. McCrae, Mead (Valente, RCD)

OMac, Pruess (Fullarton)

Dunkley, Marshall, Phillips, Rozee, Cameron, Cockatoo (Kelly, Bergman) (UTL: Robertson)

$45K left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back