Teams 2021 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Come at me .....version 231

Managed to get down to 6 on-field Rookies, based on a loose interpretation of Rookie

View attachment 1067454
Okay ill come at you!

🟢 Defence- mixture of uniqueness and value - minus Gould.
🟢 Ruck Combo, set and forget, no fooling around there.
🔴 Too many Carlton players in the midfield, I personally like more versatility and Carlton aren't renowned for having Collingwood type scorers.

Okay ill come at you!

🟢 Defence- mixture of uniqueness and value - minus Gould.
🟢 Ruck Combo, set and forget, no fooling around there.
🔴 Too many Carlton players in the midfield, I personally like more versatility and Carlton aren't renowned for having Collingwood type scorers.
Yep agree re CARL players Cripps and Walsh ....my dilemma is Cripps is well priced, and Walsh is likely to breakout this season

So who do you cut ? .....Cripps or Walsh ...and who for ?

I have $1.50 in the bank :'(

Yep agree re CARL players Cripps and Walsh ....my dilemma is Cripps is well priced, and Walsh is likely to breakout this season

So who do you cut ? .....Cripps or Walsh ...and who for ?

I have $1.50 in the bank :'(
Id go Worpel for Cripps and swap Michell for another premo

I personally like Oliver, pricey, but low ownership and hasn't miss a game in 3 years hes my M1

Id go Worpel for Cripps and swap Michell for another premo

I personally like Oliver, pricey, but low ownership and hasn't miss a game in 3 years hes my M1
I think Mitchell still plays .....his demise has been overrated

I'd love Oliver ....just think the endurance mids will excell this year ...Mitchell, Macrae, I could be wrong though

I'll have a look at Worps ....still 18 days to go

I think Mitchell still plays .....his demise has been overrated

I'd love Oliver ....just think the endurance mids will excell this year ...Mitchell, Macrae, I could be wrong though

I'll have a look at Worps ....still 18 days to go
Plenty of days to go, ill send my team through today, need some thoughts, really struggling with the forward line, looks shite

Managed to get down to 6 on-field Rookies, based on a loose interpretation of Rookie

View attachment 1067454
That is a still a lot of on-field rookies with low JS.

I'd ditch Gawn and get Flynn on-field. He'll score better than most rookies and has better JS.
Something like Gawn and Hamill to Lloyd and Jackson.
Or, Gawn, Gould and Ralphsmith to McEvoy(def), Cumming and Green, with a few DPP adjustments.

That is a still a lot of on-field rookies with low JS.

I'd ditch Gawn and get Flynn on-field. He'll score better than most rookies and has better JS.
Something like Gawn and Hamill to Lloyd and Jackson.
Or, Gawn, Gould and Ralphsmith to McEvoy(def), Cumming and Green, with a few DPP adjustments.
Cheers mate for the advice

Just noticed you're going without Tom Phillips. What's the thinking there?
It's just budgetry constraints .....don't want to weaken my SP's

Butters or Phillips ?
Caldwell or Phillips ?
Rowell or Phillips ?

Current team. 77k in bank, could go Daniher to Caldwell. Am I over spending with some rooks? No trusted C either which makes me nervous. Played around with going Marshall down to Caldwell or even further but that FWD line would stress me out. Thoughts?

Laird, Stewart, Williams
Cumming, H.Young, L.Jones (Idun, Highmore)

Petracca, Walsh, Serong, Rowell,
Heppell, L.Young, Powell, Downie (Valente, Gulden)

O'Brien, McInerney (Flynn)

Marshall, Langford, Phillips
Daniher, Campbell, Macrae (Mcreery, Rowe)

Utility - Ralphsmith

Current team. 77k in bank, could go Daniher to Caldwell. Am I over spending with some rooks? No trusted C either which makes me nervous. Played around with going Marshall down to Caldwell or even further but that FWD line would stress me out. Thoughts?

Laird, Stewart, Williams
Cumming, H.Young, L.Jones (Idun, Highmore)

Petracca, Walsh, Serong, Rowell,
Heppell, L.Young, Powell, Downie (Valente, Gulden)

O'Brien, McInerney (Flynn)

Marshall, Langford, Phillips
Daniher, Campbell, Macrae (Mcreery, Rowe)

Utility - Ralphsmith

Marshall is injured so won’t be playing the first couple weeks

Tempted to roll with a team like this due to the apparent lack of defensive rookies making themselves available:

DEFENCE: Laird, Mills, Witherden, Williams, Cumming, Young

MIDFIELD: Gaff, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Cunnington, Hately, Powell, Downie

RUCKS: Grundy, Flynn

FORWARD: Dangerfield, De Goey, Caldwell, Daniher, Dow, Rowe

Not too much cash left after building this side. Haven’t bother listing bench rookies as they’ll be filled in as spots become more secure over the next fortnight

Obvious strong defensive line to counteract the weak defensive rookie situation. D1-D4 all strong candidates for top 6-8 defenders come end of season.

Expecting a strong showing from Gaff, one of the fittest blokes in the AFL so will relish going back to 20 minute quarters and reduced interchange, extremely durable, slightly underpriced. Walsh breakout year. Taranto on the mend and underpriced. Filled in with a trio of midpricers with upside and finished by 2 rookies.

Grundy I think comes in underpriced and looks set for a big year. Flynn likely to score better than a lot of available rookies. Ifwe can get another ruck rookie around the mark in round one this will be excellent for cover. Flynn being the key to this teams structure.

Danger has been in the side since day dot, Cameron Brought into the side toget Danger back into the midfield. De Goey sitting in the side at the moment as a bit of a smoky, has been working on endurance, trimmed up and spent timetraining with the midfield group, had a minor set back with a rolled ankle. Filled in by again hyped up mid pricers and finished off with a rookie.

Leaves me with only four “traditional” rookies on field and maybe a tough time with making this team full premo come end of season. Do like the look of it and the unique feel to the side though.

Keen to hear some thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tempted to roll with a team like this due to the apparent lack of defensive rookies making themselves available:

Not too much cash left after building this side. Haven’t bother listing bench rookies as they’ll be filled in as spots become more secure over the next fortnight

Obvious strong defensive line to counteract the weak defensive rookie situation. D1-D4 all strong candidates for top 6-8 defenders come end of season.

Expecting a strong showing from Gaff, one of the fittest blokes in the AFL so will relish going back to 20 minute quarters and reduced interchange, extremely durable, slightly underpriced. Walsh breakout year. Taranto on the mend and underpriced. Filled in with a trio of midpricers with upside and finished by 2 rookies.

Grundy I think comes in underpriced and looks set for a big year. Flynn likely to score better than a lot of available rookies. Ifwe can get another ruck rookie around the mark in round one this will be excellent for cover. Flynn being the key to this teams structure.

Danger has been in the side since day dot, Cameron Brought into the side toget Danger back into the midfield. De Goey sitting in the side at the moment as a bit of a smoky, has been working on endurance, trimmed up and spent timetraining with the midfield group, had a minor set back with a rolled ankle. Filled in by again hyped up mid pricers and finished off with a rookie.

Leaves me with only four “traditional” rookies on field and maybe a tough time with making this team full premo come end of season. Do like the look of it and the unique feel to the side though.

Similar structure to my team. So I like it. De Goey instead of Phillips is interesting.

I rate this side. You bat deep all over and have a load of players who all have great upside.

Will take balls to stick with this and Flynn at R2 but I can see the likes of Meek or Treacy lining up in round 1 which adds so much security. Might be worth pondering if that’s the case as that’s what it’ll take for me to go this sort of route.

Another thing to think of / be prepared for... I know you haven’t listed your bench rookies but from what I’m seeing we aren’t going to be blessed with a lot of basement price guys so you’d want to make sure you’re able to have guys who are worth up a little bit more on your bench in case that’s how it plays out. So if you don’t maybe have a backup plan in case

View attachment 1067454

Hamill was in my team early but I think I got cold feet over his concussion(s?). Are you hearing that he's best 22? I really liked what I saw last year and he's still cheap, probably due to the concussion(s).

Gould probably isn't getting a game yet for the Swans, so you might also need another D6.

Hamill was in my team early but I think I got cold feet over his concussion(s?). Are you hearing that he's best 22? I really liked what I saw last year and he's still cheap, probably due to the concussion(s).

Gould probably isn't getting a game yet for the Swans, so you might also need another D6.
Think Hamill's chances improved once Milera went down .....we'll know more definitively after this weekend

Very similar to my current team!!
I have Green instead of Cunnington and Campbell instead of Dow, which allows me to afford Lloyd instead of Witho.
I can see Green avg close to Cunnington and Campbell within 10 points of Dow.

I like Dow but so many fwd rooks (currently I have Campbell, Ralphsmith, Waterman, Smith and Brockman/Henry) that the extra $100k is worth having a rook over Dow.

As a WC supporter, I just don't see the scoring for Witho as it's not like there isn't an abundance of great kicks down back that they need to get it his hands.
Since Hurn has dropped off, Shep has stepped up as well as Nelson and Duggan.
My guess would be Witho will play plenty but avg about 85, so no value there for mine. And at his price he has to be a top 6 defender at years end.

On getting a completed team, guns and rooks makes this happen faster than midpricers IF, they score OK and there are new rooks to trade down to.
Of course both these things matter with midpricers but they have to score much better to make the same coin as fast.
For example Hind vs Ralphsmith...
Hind is priced 30 points higher so to make as much coin as Ralphsmith (who should avg 60) he would need to avg 90, and then you're thinking he is a keeper as a fwd, which is never going to happen.
So if you have a gun and rook worth $900K and averaging 170 between them, you need to find 2 x $450 midpricers who avg 85 each. Not that easy to do!!

team.PNG

I've gone cheap in the rucks cause I don't think any of the forward or defence rookies will either score or last more than two weeks. Thoughts?

View attachment 1068487

I've gone cheap in the rucks cause I don't think any of the forward or defence rookies will either score or last more than two weeks. Thoughts?
Decent team, good structure. Cheap rucks could be worth it. I think the only thing is maybe spending less forward and more in defence. Most of our cheap rookies will be up forward. Cumming, Young and a rookie is a pretty poor D4-6.

Decent team, good structure. Cheap rucks could be worth it. I think the only thing is maybe spending less forward and more in defence. Most of our cheap rookies will be up forward. Cumming, Young and a rookie is a pretty poor D4-6.
I think you are right, but whilst there will likely be lots of forward rookies in round 1, I don't see any that I have any confidence will still be there by round 5. Maybe Jones, but he'll score stuff all. Hopefully the praccy games this week reveal someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back