News 2021 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Go 6-0 or 5-1 and maintain that and well be playing a few Friday nights at the back end. I really have a bit of a beef with so few MCG games and having to play the Hawks in Tassie but I guess they're all away games where we shouldn't be able to dictate where we play.

All in all it seems a fairly good draw for a team who finished near the bottom and played some excruciatingly bad football to watch this year.

I rekn we start pretty well pre Bye (relative to expectations). 3-5 wins in that period. I rekn we surprise a couple teams.

The 9 after the Bye are going to be tough. Could be a pretty rough few weeks there for the kids.

Good way to finish with the last 2 games both winable.

Horne Cup against Adelaide in the last game of the year is gonna be fascinating. Absolutely no doubt that is intentional IMO.

Getting pretty sick of playing in Tasmania, to be honest. The novelty factor has worn off, for me.

It's only my opinion, not saying we need to completely give it the arse.

Oh, I'm also over the guaranteed loss down at that s**t heap, in Geelong. Every bloody year we get scheduled to play there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting pretty sick of playing in Tasmania, to be honest. The novelty factor has worn off, for me.

It's only my opinion, not saying we need to completely give it the arse.

Oh, I'm also over the guaranteed loss down at that sh*t heap, in Geelong. Every bloody year we get scheduled to play there.

It’s $1M isn’t it?

I hate it as well, but if it gets us profit, then I’ll cop it.

I know it was for $$$, but the Hawthorn game, as well?

I will cop the current arrangement, but I don't ever want to see it increase. After not seeing the team, all year, I'm probably just speaking from a selfish point of view.

Plus, my Misses drank the last of my vb. So, I'm filthy.

I know it was for $$$, but the Hawthorn game, as well?

I will cop the current arrangement, but I don't ever want to see it increase. After not seeing the team, all year, I'm probably just speaking from a selfish point of view.

Plus, my Misses drank the last of my vb. So, I'm filthy.
Multiple account's conformed...

l have to go to Tassie to see 1 North home game next season but which 1 should it be? l dont want the Melbourne game so which of the other 3 should l pick? GWS, Gold Coast , or the Cats....any ideas?

I like the double ups.
I don't like the 5 games in tassie (if you include the hawks game)
I like that we keep good friday.
I don't like that we only have one game at the G.
I like that GoDees are practically a permanent fixture in tassie now.
I don't like the lack of FTA games.
Exactly this for me. The sooner the Tassie contract finishes the better. Also I cannot fathom why we have been allocated a 5th game as one of Hawthorn's home games in Launceston. Surely they can give this to another team. Five entire games robbed for North supporters to see our club play. Needs to end as soon as possible.

I'm also equally as ropable that we only get a single game at the MCG, the bloody home of football. It's been happening for years now. I'm forced to go see a non-North game with mates at least once a year nowadays due to the fact that I know we're not making the finals in the next year or so. Nothing greater than soaking up the great stadium that is the G.

Dees games in Tassie however have robbed us of one of our guaranteed MCG games so that's the point I differ on, added to the fact I've got a couple of mates who are Dees fans. It used to be an annual tradition, watching us smash the Dees at the G.

At the end of the day however. At least, finally, we get to see our team play. It will be a magnificent afternoon, watching the boys run out at Marvel stadium on the Sunday 21st March. Better get there early so we get the chance to sing the song haha.

Last edited:
As this fixture stands,
Since 2015, H&A Games played:
at MCG - 6 (Fewest in the league, tied with GCS)
in Perth - 7
As I've said in my post above our lack of games at the G in the last few years has me incensed. How does the club let the AFL get away with this?
As many games as GCS?????? That is criminal! Geez I'm on the angry pills tonight.
Sure it's clearly the price we've paid for playing games out of Hobart but enough is enough.

For starters, we play * twice next year. Both games at Marvel. Why wouldn't one of these (their home game) be played at the G?

We are a Melbourne club. The club needs to have us playing more games at the home of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back