Game Day 2021 AFL Grand Final - Dogs vs Demons @Optus Stadium 25/09/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't care who wins, but I reckon the ferocious intent of the bulldogs will get them over the line, and Salim's greatest Peel Export, Naughton to kick the sealer.

If dogs didn't fall away between rounds 16 and 23 then this would be considered the two top teams of the year

That little patch by the dogs makes me doubt them though
I reckon the Dogs’ reserve will be hard as steel. Wins in Tassie, Brisbane and Adelaide - they’re taking all before them.
Or they’ll fall over from all the travel and run out of puff.
Hopefully the former. IMO they deserve to win it after all that.
I like the Dees, but I think Dogs deserve it more. It’s the two top teams slugging it out, both play a great brand of footy, but Dogs have had to do it really hard to get there.

Who’ll win? No idea in reality, but my gut says Melbourne… hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Given Simon, Bob and Boyd are now all ours plus I have a man-crush on Mr "Stranger Things" himself Bailey Smith it has to be the Dogs. Also that Gala song they went for post the prelim is a banger

Freed from Desire! Go Dogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope its better than the prelim finals
It should be ,the years 2 best sides facing off
Dee's for me in a close one but I wouldn't put any money on them
Next week should be a great week in Perth for footy fans any way with the lead up

Anyone feel this is setting up as a Sydney/WC rivalry. Both sides are absolutely loaded for the next few years and Dogs in particular are set up for 6 years plus.

Reckon this could be the first of a couple of epic games between these two

Really looking forward to this. Overall they've been the best two teams all year, two pretty likeable battlers who play a good style of footy and appear evenly matched on paper. I'm going for the Dees to break the Barassi curse and deliver a cup to the long-suffering Melbourne fans but I'd be okay with the Dogs winning too. I can't remember the last time I watched a GF and genuinely didn't mind who won, Bris/Port in 04 probably.

Also looking forward to the second neutral GF in a row. Tipping our little stadium to showcase a ripper contest and remind people how good a rotational policy could be in this alleged "national" comp of ours

Anyone feel this is setting up as a Sydney/WC rivalry. Both sides are absolutely loaded for the next few years and Dogs in particular are set up for 6 years plus.

I reckon your on to something Snuff, just hope their supporters are gracious and don’t follow the lead of Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Excited to see that I will be there live in the flesh, to be fair I'll be working, but s**t.....I'm going to my first Grand Final, exciting times, and I get paid double time for it too. If Melbourne win it'll be hard for me not to cheer at the top of my ******* lungs, if there's any team I have a soft spot for, it's the Dees, would probably be supporting them if I didn't support us.

I’ll be going for Bulldogs. I just hope it’s a good game. They’ve had one premiership for the last 50 years and similar with Melbourne. I’m just bracing myself for the cringey narrative that we’re going to see this grand final week.

Pre-semis I picked Melbourne and the Bulldogs to win. The GF though....

Demons have been premiership-less longer than the Dogs, so I tell myself it'd be good for them (and Ed, and Angus) to get the win. Tyey'ev played so well thus far and their Cat-drowning was absolute class.

But, there's Bevo. No knocks to Goodwin but I think Luke's a superb coach vs a pretty good one. He also manifests that Scott-like fierce support for his boys that seems to help knit a 'champion team'.

Demons also pretty cohesive, and both teams have individual champs to boot. Dogs just seem to me the slightly harder and more ferocious side, a touch more battle-hardened. I'm thinking Dogs by (I hope) a very slender margin.

Who do you want to win and why

if darcy is as good as advertised the comp's ****ed.
But one step closer than fighting for general public tickets
eagerly looking forward to attempting to buy them with the rest of perth on thursday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back