Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Speak for yourself.

I have known several decent and humble Dees fans on my life, plus Jim Stynes helped save me from being a homeless teen in the 90s.

Every club (including ours) has its fair share of obnoxious supporters, except Essingtin who are all *****
Amazing story about you and Jimmy Stynes. Apologies for randomly lurking your board but this comment was really uplifting. I didn’t know Stynes but felt sure somehow that his efforts were the real deal and that he absolutely did want to try and help young people. So thanks for that. Made me smile

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm still loving all the photos of the Melb players celebrating in Perth, they are having a blast. The two Cottesloe hotels that the teams went to are virtually a five minute walk from each other. I think both teams are leaving Thursday I cannot believe they are still here.

dirk pitt

All Australian
Nov 26, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

Gee Whiz, it was like a young boxing star absorbing all the blows from a past champion who has already won the title belt, then timed their run with a second wind and just kept threw in Haymarker after Haymaker, and didn't let up at all until the final bell/siren.

That was as great a quarter and a half i have ever seen From team in a game of footy, let alone a Grand Final. Absolutely put The Dogs to the sword.

Interesting metaphor. The game is so sanitised now it never occurred to the Dogs to go the fist. But can you imagine a Hawthorn side would have allowed a 16 goal run against them in a GF? Someone would have put Petttacca down or they'd have started a brawl. Whatever it took to break the momentum up, kick a goal and steady things.

I'm not saying it would have changed anything. Maybe the Dogs don't have the personnel for it. Probably the fines look too big now. But it's like the soft cap. One day some club will just win the flag, pay the tax and even their sponsors will say it was worth it.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting metaphor. The game is so sanitised now it never occurred to the Dogs to go the fist. But can you imagine a Hawthorn side would have allowed a 16 goal run against them in a GF? Someone would have put Petttacca down or they'd have started a brawl. Whatever it took to break the momentum up, kick a goal and steady things.

I'm not saying it would have changed anything. Maybe the Dogs don't have the personnel for it. Probably the fines look too big now. But it's like the soft cap. One day some club will just win the flag, pay the tax and even their sponsors will say it was worth it.
Realise you're talking the 80ks Hawks, but the difference between the 13-15 Hawks and WB would've been that Melbourne wouldn't have been able to stop them scoring or disrupt their ball movement. When you kick 4+ goals a quarter without your opposition being able to stop it, it kind of makes going the knuckle a mite unnecessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back