Game Day 2021 AFL Grand Final - Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, Saturday 25 September, 7:15pm AEST, Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2012
Robbo's sleeve
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Greenbay Packers
This might sound like a stupid question to ask coz its a ******* grand final so of course its our best win that we've ever seen, but does anyone else rate the win vs Geelong in round 23 even better than this? They are really neck and neck for me.

That Geelong game really needed a crowd. I find rewatching crowd-less games are so much less than what they should be. Round 23 was amazing and needed reaction shots of 35,000 bewildered Geelong supporters and their stupid faces as Max slotted the winner.

Toump Ass

The Big Deal
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
About the same time BT was anointing him the Norm Smith medalist and greatest Bulldog player of all time
All things considered, the Channel 7 call was pretty good. BT crowning Bont the Norm Smith winner is actually kinda funny in retrospect; another call I listened to had some other flog saying to put Petracca forward and give Kozi a run in the middle at the same time :embarrassedv1:

Dancing Potato

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
This might sound like a stupid question to ask coz its a ******* grand final so of course its our best win that we've ever seen, but does anyone else rate the win vs Geelong in round 23 even better than this? They are really neck and neck for me.

Depends on your own personal criteria obviously. Can't beat the R23 game for grit and determination. Can't beat the GF for emotion and meaning. Both are incredible.

DGroover

Senior List
Jan 31, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

To be fair 3 of our last 4 wins could have been best of the year for us. Brisbane was the only one I wouldn’t consider a super win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dees arent rabble

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2010
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Melbourne
I rewatched the second half of round 23 the other day. It was epic. To think we were within a goal with almost 10 mins left in the last to. It can’t beat the grand final though.
It’s interesting Geelong made a point of players being unwell several times. But in their wisdom played half a dozen unwell players in a prelim. With an ageing list I’ll be interested to see if there are any long term effects from the prelim pummelling.
Geelong in the bottom 6 this year.
Well hope so anyways

A11dAtP0w3R

Strong Premiership DNA
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
Geelong in the bottom 6 this year.
Well hope so anyways
chris-scott-shocked-face.gif

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In terms of quality over 120 minutes R23 is well ahead of the GF, I think, even isolated from the minor premiership narrative. We played some incredible football in both games.

I think Oliver’s performance in R23 would be ahead of Trac’s GF too

deeco

Premiership Player
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Remember when we were the best team all year but everyone thought we'd Melbourne it... then we didn't and took a massive dump on every team's chest in the finals, leaving the biggest, thickest, solid log of brown stinky sh*t for the team who had been smugly talking up their chances all year. They folded like a cheap western suburbs suit.... ah sh*t time for another replay :tearsofjoy:

dees arent rabble

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2010
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Melbourne
Remember when we were the best team all year but everyone thought we'd Melbourne it... then we didn't and took a massive dump on every team's chest in the finals, leaving the biggest, thickest, solid log of brown stinky sh*t for the team who had been smugly talking up their chances all year. They folded like a cheap western suburbs suit.... ah sh*t time for another replay :tearsofjoy:
Western slum dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad