Game Day 2021 AFL Grand Final: Melbourne vs Bulldogs @ Perth Stadium, 25th September

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a good look at what Max did yet ?
Ease up, I know you know him personally but no need to stand up against anyone who says he wasn't great.

Maybe 'shocker' was too strong a word, and maybe my expectations were a little too high after such a great season and finals campaign, but I felt he was a touch off in the GF. Maybe he was trying to do too much and ended up overpaying the game, but I stand by my comment that he didn't have a great game - I'm referring to his work around the ground and ability to impact contests, which to me was pretty ordinary by his own standards.

As I said, I didn't pay too much attention to his ruck work so can't comment.

a little empathy shouldn't be that hard to find.

It is hard to find.

I hope they merge with lolNorf as a last ditch effort to stay afloat, and both are then subsequently folded.

Ease up, I know you know him personally but no need to stand up against anyone who says he wasn't great.

Maybe 'shocker' was too strong a word, and maybe my expectations were a little too high after such a great season and finals campaign, but I felt he was a touch off in the GF. Maybe he was trying to do too much and ended up overpaying the game, but I stand by my comment that he didn't have a great game - I'm referring to his work around the ground and ability to impact contests, which to me was pretty ordinary by his own standards.

As I said, I didn't pay too much attention to his ruck work so can't comment.
He's the ruckman and dominated the hit outs , he wasn't like he was in the Prelim , no one would . So you make the comment that you didn't pay to much attention to his ruck work and then you make the call you did . I'm sure if he was one of us you would .

MAX HAD 7 POSSESIONS IN THE 1ST Q and 7 in the 2nd , doubled the hit outs of the bulldogs

Jackson was better and Gawn had one of his worst games for the year.

melbourne fans next door still have posters and sh*t up

get over it, trade time
The houses painted in full club colours always freak me out a bit. After a GF loss you're just that loser house on the street :sadv1:

Bulldogs supporters reaction has been interesting. There's a slight hint that the more they watch replays of 2016, the more concerns creep in that they weren't given a helping hand. Getting more and more defensive justifying it. I think deep down it's beginning to eat away at them.

Not going to get into a blue over a match between 2 sides I don’t give a s**t about but Max Gawn was awesome last night.

Bulldogs supporters reaction has been interesting. There's a slight hint that the more they watch replays of 2016, the more concerns creep in that they weren't given a helping hand. Getting more and more defensive justifying it. I think deep down it's beginning to eat away at them.

Hahaha may the uncomfortableness grow over the years, until at least we get direct revenge at some point for that day. Just remember too - took them less than a quarter and a half last night to concede more free kicks then they did in the entire 2016 grand final.

Were they unusually ill disciplined last night? I didn't really think so.... in a similar sort of rough and tumble grand final in many ways to 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good because it was a daylight robbery so bad that I hope one day someobe gets banned for match fixing.

Just watching the replay.

I am so very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very glad the Bulldogs lost.

It was better than sex.

Lasted longer too.

Look up Jeff White's Instagram (jeffwhite34) to give you a sense of what Dees fans are feeling right now. May bring tears

I personally doubt that... I think you are doing a bit of mind reading there. A flag is a flag, they might have had a helping hand but you can't take the cup away. If we were good enough that day, we would have won, end of story.

I personally doubt that... I think you are doing a bit of mind reading there. A flag is a flag, they might have had a helping hand but you can't take the cup away. If we were good enough that day, we would have won, end of story.
You have always been too nice

He's the ruckman and dominated the hit outs , he wasn't like he was in the Prelim , no one would . So you make the comment that you didn't pay to much attention to his ruck work and then you make the call you did . I'm sure if he was one of us you would .

Guess even the great man agreed with my assessment:
'We should unleash him': The big call that won Melbourne a Grand Final (afl.com.au)

Gawn - with five goals - had been the dominant player on the ground in Melbourne's thumping preliminary final win over Geelong but was far less influential in the decider and, with the game on the line, called for the Demons to gamble on Rising Star winner Jackson.

"I came to the bench and told Goody that 'I don't think we're getting what I thought we'd be getting'... from my dominance.

"I was winning every hit and we were looking a little bit stationary.

"I'm glad I made that decision to put him in there because it really was a game-changing moment."

Guess even the great man agreed with my assessment:
'We should unleash him': The big call that won Melbourne a Grand Final (afl.com.au)

Gawn - with five goals - had been the dominant player on the ground in Melbourne's thumping preliminary final win over Geelong but was far less influential in the decider and, with the game on the line, called for the Demons to gamble on Rising Star winner Jackson.

"I came to the bench and told Goody that 'I don't think we're getting what I thought we'd be getting'... from my dominance.

"I was winning every hit and we were looking a little bit stationary.

"I'm glad I made that decision to put him in there because it really was a game-changing moment."
Still nothing backs up what you said .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back