Game Day 2021 AFL Live draft Thread - with a Geelong slant...Rookie selections added

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is...??? lol

Basically between now and march we can add any player we like to our last rookie spot..once the window closes in march if we dont fill the spot we cant fill it til mid season draft in june.

Reflecting on the Conway pick
Perhaps the club has realised rebuilding is on the agenda after next year and accepted that reality

I thought that aswell .

Give these guys time in the VFL in the next 1-2 years .

Ollie APS highlights 2021 on YouTube
Blonde haired No. 7 like a young Nathan Brown that can take a hanger

Screw Nathan Brown, that kid has some Nat Fyfe about him. Actually a really decent kick too, takes a hanger and knows where the goals are.

Honestly surprised at how good that highlights package was. There was a moment at around 8:40 in, where he ducksteps his opponent, and then delivers on a string to the forward in the pocket - which I was very impressed by.

Could be another Wells special!

Perhaps the club has realised rebuilding is on the agenda after next year and accepted that reality

I think it ties in to post Stanley and Ceglar. Ceglar is the sandbag pick till hold back the flooding waters for another two years, by that stage , if all goes well with injury and development one of our developing rucks will be ready.

Having now seen a few highlights of our later picks, I can see why they went hard with Conway. Once they decided they want to add another ruck, they could not afford to risk him not getting to 30.

With the current 3 guys we have 3 chances...and that not to say we would not look at trade options. We have redressed a need that has been like the proverbial dogs onions for a 5-10 years. Finally we decided to just cough and pay. A very 2025 draft for mine, as I doubt Conway plays as quick as Darcy did at Freo.

Screw Nathan Brown, that kid has some Nat Fyfe about him. Actually a really decent kick too, takes a hanger and knows where the goals are.

Honestly surprised at how good that highlights package was. There was a moment at around 8:40 in, where he ducksteps his opponent, and then delivers on a string to the forward in the pocket - which I was very impressed by.

Could be another Wells special!

Lets see how he goes against fitter and stronger... If we get one Ned Kelly from the three Bushrangers selected then its a huge win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said the same in an earlier post. Seems to be a complete change in drafting philosophy and signifies a rebuild rather than a renovation is required.

I have to say the draft was a bit of a letdown. Aside from the first two picks, the rest of them were unknown to me and we took no interest in a lot of names who were praised on this site and the media. And no KPD taken.

The way we have left a spot open, it seems to me we will be playing a shorter backline with a fill in tall. like Neale or Tsap if required to float back

In the vfl i assume you mean as i doubt neale or tsap play afl this year. Yes i do think we will be quite short in defence in the vfl team unless we throw the magnets around or put some kpd on the vfl list. I mean our last rookie spot through SSP could also be a key back which would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back