2021 AFL Membership Tracker / Figures

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit perturbed by the Blues and their lack of membership announcements since their 80,000.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe because their official auditor Ed final figure excludes the ‘free’ memberships given to existing members which I understand were counted in their published total of 81,012? Hence why maybe they stopped updating it, allowing the auditor Ed talky to catch up to the number last updated in April. We will find out shortly.

Hawthorn Prez quoted in his letter last week YOY growth however figure not disclosed.

AFL to publish final figures later this week I understand.

I believe Essendon 81,663. TBC.

If so, growth of +24% Vs prior year. Given how the clubs wheels fell off the end of ladt year and the summer of discontent, a great result and second best on record for the club.

Latest

Richmond = 103,450
West Coast = 100,000 (announced on May 7)
Collingwood = 82,527
Essendon = 81,663
Carlton = 81,012
Geelong = 70,232
Hawthorn = 70,000 (announced on April 20)
Port Adelaide = 61,687
St Kilda = 55,012
Melbourne = 52,448
Sydney = 48,782
Western Bulldogs = 46,464
North Melbourne = 46,357
Brisbane = 40,000 (announced on June 23)
GWS = "around" 25,000 (as of March 25)
Gold Coast = 18,823

Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Port Adelaide and North Melbourne numbers are updated.

OP also updated

Latest

Richmond = 103,450
Collingwood = 82,527
Essendon = 81,663
Carlton = 81,012
Geelong = 70,232
Port Adelaide = 61,687
St Kilda = 55,012
Melbourne = 52,448
Sydney = 50,144
North Melbourne = 46,357
Gold Coast = 18,823

Sydney number updated.

OP also updated

It used to be that a $50 minimum spend was required to be included in the AFL's audited membership totals; however according to the Advertiser there is now no minimum spend.

I'd take all these totals and "records" with a massive grain of salt.

AFL audited member criteria

* Member can be either non-game access or game access

* Must be fulfilled with a membership pack and member benefits

* The member must provide contact data

* No minimum spend

Maybe because their official auditor Ed final figure excludes the ‘free’ memberships given to existing members which I understand were counted in their published total of 81,012? Hence why maybe they stopped updating it, allowing the auditor Ed talky to catch up to the number last updated in April. We will find out shortly.

Hawthorn Prez quoted in his letter last week YOY growth however figure not disclosed.

AFL to publish final figures later this week I understand.

Kennett claimed ‘76,000 members’ in the QC article tonight...

I have only had a few emails so, of 76,000 members, people are entitled to do what they like, but sometimes leaders and boards have got to make long-term decisions and often they are tough to make and they have got to be made.”

Of course the 76,000 could be the 2020 figure - 76,363 (down on 81,031 in 2019)

Hawthorn has a bit of a Civil War going on at the moment with all the leaks etc so it’s surprising that the club membership has just about been the only figure not leaked

Kennett claimed ‘76,000 members’ in the QC article tonight...

I have only had a few emails so, of 76,000 members, people are entitled to do what they like, but sometimes leaders and boards have got to make long-term decisions and often they are tough to make and they have got to be made.”

Of course the 76,000 could be the 2020 figure - 76,363 (down on 81,031 in 2019)

Hawthorn has a bit of a Civil War going on at the moment with all the leaks etc so it’s surprising that the club membership has just about been the only figure not leaked
I can’t believe what’s going on at Hawthorn presently. It will be interesting to see how membership reacts in 2022.

It used to be that a $50 minimum spend was required to be included in the AFL's audited membership totals; however according to the Advertiser there is now no minimum spend.

* No minimum spend
Does that mean the Carlton final figure can include their ~7,000 freebies passed onto prospective new members? We will known soon enough.

* No minimum spend

I might wait to see what the AFL says first i think.

I can’t believe what’s going on at Hawthorn presently. It will be interesting to see how membership reacts in 2022.

This is a by product of a despot president who only came back after getting commitments from all board members to immediately resign at his own expedience

We haven’t seen this ‘executive chairman’ like governance since John Elliot.

It’s the apathy of club members and incompetence of board members that has allowed this to come about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* No minimum spend
I can't wait till they remove the pack requirements and contact data next year. Imagine having membership numbers tied to your bonus.

I think we should have a membership tracker , similar to the one League-Unlimited has for its NRL clubs .

Will give people an idea of how excited a fan base is , and it is generally interesting to keep track of the figures.

Latest

Richmond = 103,450
Collingwood = 82,527
Essendon = 81,663
Carlton = 81,302
Geelong = 70,232
Port Adelaide = 61,687
St Kilda = 55,012
Melbourne = 52,448
Sydney = 50,144
North Melbourne = 46,357
Gold Coast = 18,823

Happy to update if there's any incorrect numbers.

AFL figures will be out tomorrow.
Total 1,113,441 but as many have pointed out, actual financial benefit to clubs will vary because of different membership packages.
Swans' numbers not great but look at the fine print.
The real story on membership will come out when clubs put in their annual reports to ASIC.
Regardless of the financials, the AFL should be happy with that outcome. Club membership is more than just the dollars spent on the annual fee.

AFL figures will be out tomorrow.
Total 1,113,441 but as many have pointed out, actual financial benefit to clubs will vary because of different membership packages.
Swans' numbers not great but look at the fine print.
The real story on membership will come out when clubs put in their annual reports to ASIC.
Regardless of the financials, the AFL should be happy with that outcome. Club membership is more than just the dollars spent on the annual fee.
Not being rude but in what world is the Swans numbers ‘not great’.

Not being rude but in what world is the Swans numbers ‘not great’.

It's the decline on 2019 that's the issue. Someone can check this, but I think we were at around 61K in 2019. We lost more members than any other club b/w 2019 and 2020.

It's the decline on 2019 that's the issue. Someone can check this, but I think we were at around 61K in 2019. We lost more members than any other club b/w 2019 and 2020.
Yeah you were around 61k then dropped off after the drop to the bottom 4 and covid. I’m just saying I reckon it would’ve been a 55k+ tally this year if Covid was a non issue which is still a really good number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back