Let’s go Horney…
DC13D5CB-890A-459F-90E9-F12CE328D05C.jpeg

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The app and browser is a bit convoluted with live stuff sometimes. It is all working now though with the interstaters.

I had that issue a couple of weeks back and it just appears as the game starts.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Matty Roberts a great comparison for JHF.

Roberts is a good prospect (ranked by many between 5-15) & performed "better" then JHF in the u19 SA WA game.

Throw them both into a heated SANFL final though... JHF has 6 in a quarter finishing with 15, Roberts has 5 for the whole game.

The gap between the elite tier that JHF is in, versus the next group of prospects couldn't be clearer. It was absolutely exposed today in finals footy.

Roberts is a good prospect (ranked by many between 5-15) & performed "better" then JHF in the u19 SA WA game.

Throw them both into a heated SANFL final though... JHF has 6 in a quarter finishing with 15, Roberts has 5 for the whole game.

The gap between the elite tier that JHF is in, versus the next group of prospects couldn't be clearer. It was absolutely exposed today in finals footy.

He had the hardness required in finals game, but also displayed some great skill.

RHLK

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Subiaco
Matthew Johnson had 23 possies, 9 marks, 5 tackles and 3 I50's today for Subiaco reserves in their qualifying final win vs Westa Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Without knowing what their respective roles were I think that is a tad unfair to Roberts as it was his 5th game at SANFL level compared with JHF who was playing his 27th. I'd be very surprised if JHF wasn't outperforming Roberts, or anyone else his age, at a level and style of play he is much more familiar with.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Without knowing what their respective roles were I think that is a tad unfair to Roberts as it was his 5th game at SANFL level compared with JHF who was playing his 27th. I'd be very surprised if JHF wasn't outperforming Roberts, or anyone else his age, at a level and style of play he is much more familiar with.
This is exactly the reason why we should not be to hard on JHF game the other week when he played against his own age.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Understand that, and I rate Roberts.

Equally people were quick to criticise JHF’s u19 level form.

It’s not groundbreaking to point out that there is a fair gap between the two.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Understand that, and I rate Roberts.

Equally people were quick to criticise JHF’s u19 level form.

It’s not groundbreaking to point out that there is a fair gap between the two.
No it isn't groundbreaking, but I would be giving the same weight to JHF outperforming Roberts with the 27 v 5 difference as I would to JHF's U/19 one-off performance - not much. The fact that JHF has been good enough to get 27 senior games (so far) in before he gets drafted and what he has been able to do in those games is enough.

On the NAB League Instagram story, Twomey was asked who his draft bolter will be and he mentioned Zac Taylor.
He’s great, I am not sure he will figure in our draft plans but I hope he does. There was another kid in his team at Oak Park, Paul Pascu who I think must be in next years draft who is pretty special as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back