Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really like Jed. But that might be a smart move, esp if someone like Philips is going to make a strong push to feature in our midfield and Jed might be pushed forward too much.
There probably wouldn’t be any room in our forward line either, JHF will cut his teeth there, Eddie looks to be something special and TT, Sleevo & Curtis will rotate through without even mentioning Mahoney..

Forget trading Jed. Just forget it. He is worth more on field and off it. He is a leader for our indigenous boys, he is the toughest MFer on our list, and he has like four boys who will all most likely grow up playing footy. It would be madness to ship him off.

Move McDonald back to HB. Hopefully he can regain his 2020 form. Play Jed as either the defensive forward or as a tagger in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget trading Jed. Just forget it. He is worth more on field and off it. He is a leader for our indigenous boys, he is the toughest MFer on our list, and he has like four boys who will all most likely grow up playing footy. It would be madness to ship him off.

Move McDonald back to HB. Hopefully he can regain his 2020 form. Play Jed as either the defensive forward or as a tagger in the middle.
And we need to get him to 100 games for access to our future FS's!!!!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade Jed?

You blokes must of liked giving away your lunch money at school.

He’s the only thing stopping us from being flat out bullied.

He can’t kick, but that’s not going to be his job hopefully.

When you've got a deep midfield, you can play players like Jed in a Mitch Robinson style role. Enforcer, can change momentum, can kick a goal, can tag, can cover a tagged mid, etc.

We will certainly be in the sweet spot at #20.

The biggest decision will be HBF vs KPD vs Small Forward or even a sliding HBF/Wing like NWM.

Thomas and NWM in the same side would be a ridiculous proposition.

Leaning towards preferring JVR or Bazzo, they are slightly undervalued not having played the full champs. JVR has had an interrupted year also that has affected his value, he's a top 10 talent.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if Sinn slips into the teens, he might be someone we trade up for. He runs an 11 second 100 and can play HBF/Wing, he'd be essentially be replacing Atley straight away. He's electric and exactly what Noble has described he wants off half back.

We will certainly be in the sweet spot at #20.

The biggest decision will be HBF vs KPD vs Small Forward or even a sliding HBF/Wing like NWM.

Thomas and NWM in the same side would be a ridiculous proposition.

Leaning towards preferring JVR or Bazzo, they are slightly undervalued not having played the full champs. JVR has had an interrupted year also that has affected his value, he's a top 10 talent.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if Sinn slips into the teens, he might be someone we trade up for. He runs an 11 second 100 and can play HBF/Wing, he's essentially be replacing Atley straight away.

Agreed, the KPD V HBF debate at 20 will be consuming a considerable amount of their time you'd imagine.

If it were me, I'd be going off "best available" with a talent order like this:
Sinn (HBF)
Wanganeen-Milera (HBF)
Wilmot (HBF)
Bhazzo (KPD)
Van Rooyen (KPD/KPF)

I'd love for us to take a risk similar to the Dees a few years ago, trade our '22 first and get into this draft around 8-12 and get Rachele. Everything I've read suggests he's exactly what we need in our forward line as a genuine goalkicking small.

Edit: Just thinking about this more, I see so much upside to trading our '22 1st into this draft. For one, we'd get great value. But also looking at our list profile, I just don't think it makes sense not to get that maximum value out of next years pick. Think about it for a second. After JHF, we probably don't need any mids. We're stacked for u22 mids as it is and JHF is the cream on top. After CCJ comes, with Comben, Edwards, and Larkey all here already and all under 23, we're stacked for young KPFs and in any case, any KPP that's drafted in '22 is going to develop too late to have a real effect with the group that we've already got. Which leaves us at looking to draft a hbf or a small forward next year anyway. Trade it out and get that player, Rachele, in a year earlier imo.

Last edited:
I'd love for us to take a risk similar to the Dees a few years ago, trade our '22 first and get into this draft around 8-12 and get Rachele. Everything I've read suggests he's exactly what we need in our forward line as a genuine goalkicking small.

Edit: Just thinking about this more, I see so much upside to trading our '22 1st into this draft. For one, we'd get great value. But also looking at our list profile, I just don't think it makes sense not to get that maximum value out of next years pick. Think about it for a second. After JHF, we probably don't need any mids. We're stacked for u22 mids as it is and JHF is the cream on top. After CCJ comes, with Comben, Edwards, and Larkey all here already and all under 23, we're stacked for young KPFs and in any case, any KPP that's drafted in '22 is going to develop too late to have a real effect with the group that we've already got. Which leaves us at looking to draft a hbf or a small forward next year anyway. Trade it out and get that player, Rachele, in a year earlier imo.
Glad someone shares my sentiments re Rachele. He looks very tidy and fills a gaping hole in our forward line. Only knock on him is he plays for the wrong Shepp team.

I think personally Richmond is the one. Their pick 7 is a safe bet to get him. We are already negotiating with them over CCJ and they’ll gladly hedge their bets it’ll get them a better pick next year. Plus they still have a pick in the first round this year. And it softens the blow on missing out on Kosi Pickett in 2019 😂 whom I reckon Rachele will be every bit as good as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back