Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone traded to a pick 2 before?
What's the value like?
I assume we'd have to spend OVERS to get it done if at all possible.

It's certainly mysterious. I guess the outlier is you're essentially picking at pick 4 if the status quo is kept.

I wonder how the strength of this years players compare to last years

Well there's only one answer for that.

Strongman contest. And you're going to help me run it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still the 4th best player in the pool though
Interestingly, I’ve heard a few people (Cal Twomney among them) mention that next year’s crop is seen as stronger at the top than this years, and clubs have been attempting trading into the ‘22 draft.

If that is the case, GWS might be more willing to swap the 4th best player in a weaker pool for what they would anticipate is a top 3 pick in a stronger (and less compromised) draft.

Depending on where you rate Darcy , opinion on him is variable. Some have him at 3 & others have him in the 6-8 range . Safe to say though he will be bid on at 3 regardless.

Yeah it's variable, but saying that father sons don't count when talking about pick trades because they're not available anyway is a bit simplistic. If Adelaide put pick 4 up for trade and a team rated Daicos and Darcy in the top three, then they're effectively trading in pick 6 on their draft board. Another club might rate both outside the top four so the pick is more valuable to them.

Interestingly, I’ve heard a few people (Cal Twomney among them) mention that next year’s crop is seen as stronger at the top than this years, and clubs have been attempting trading into the ‘22 draft.

If that is the case, GWS might be more willing to swap the 4th best player in a weaker pool for what they would anticipate is a top 3 pick in a stronger (and less compromised) draft.

are GWS allowed to trade a pick that's already been traded to them as a future pick?

Could we get Pick 2 so we can on trade to Richmond in a mega pick swap / CCJ deal to get us pick 7 and 15? Might be a way to get the types we want like Gibcus and a HB this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bugger that because it'd get knocked down to 9 and 17 for a pick 2.

If it was Gibcus I'd see adelaide and swap:
4, 23, 37 for 2, 69

- Walk CCJ to the PSD
- Walk into the draft with 1 (Horne), 4 (Gibcus), 20 (NWM) 21 (priority pick - Wilmont), 23 (Alleer), 37 (small forward), 38 (small forward)

I'd prefer we just got Callaghan (meaning we ignore adelaide) and then added Darcy Moore as a free agent next year. Then we don't need Gibcus.

Would people prefer:

Option 1 - P1 JHF, P20 Bhazzo/Van Rooyen (KPD) & retain 2022 first round pick (no trade)

Option 2 - P1 JHF, P2 Gibcus, Trade P20 & 2022 first round pick

Option 3 - P1 JHF, P2 Callaghan, Trade P20 & 2022 first round pick

If you could guarantee me 1 of JVR or RB, then I'd take Option 1.

It's obviously really difficult to judge where the Vic juniors are at in comparison though.

Would people prefer:

Option 1 - P1 JHF, P20 Bhazzo/Van Rooyen (KPD) & retain 2022 first round pick (no trade)

I’d say option 1, however if we were of the belief we would get a first round compo pick next year I could understand trading. Hopefully Laura Kane can swing her influence inside AFL house.

Would people prefer:

1 and at a stretch 3. 2 should never be a consideration, you don't gamble on defenders.

Would people prefer:

Pick 20 is to good for steak knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back