Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
What we sorely lack right now is a dynamic midfielder. Someone with a high skill set that can play as inside/outside midfielder and even as a forward. Jordan Lewis did that to good effect.

For those of you out there that have seen him play, can Ward play as an inside/outside midfielder?
Ward was a winger before moving into the inside mid position apparently. His running power is his strength

Ward was a winger before moving into the inside mid position apparently. His running power is his strength
Going to be interesting to see how he tests. Apparently he isn't express when testing but is footy quick. I wonder if eDPS has his results from the NAB league testing day for 20m??? From memory i saw it was over 3

But yeh, sounds like he has that run all day type of athleticism

Going to be interesting to see how he tests. Apparently he isn't express when testing but is footy quick. I wonder if eDPS has his results from the NAB league testing day for 20m??? From memory i saw it was over 3

Wouldn’t mind seeing hornes endurance results aswell. Got a sneaky suspicion he could be another cam rayner. A bloke who is super powerful but doesn’t have the endurance to play long spurts in the middle.

I don’t have Wards from this years but last year his 20m was 3.12 which isn’t great but not horrible. I expect he will test better next month. His yo-yo test was his standout test which is no surprise.

Of course, personally I think Hobbs is quite a bit behind Ward, Erasmus and Callaghan. But I would still consider him and I have confidence in our list management that if we do take him we did our due dilligence and rated him above other available options. There is every chance that neither Ward, Erasmus or Callaghan are available at 5, and in that case, I would happily take Hobbs.

You would think one or both Ward and Erasmus are available at pick 5?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course, personally I think Hobbs is quite a bit behind Ward, Erasmus and Callaghan. But I would still consider him and I have confidence in our list management that if we do take him we did our due dilligence and rated him above other available options. There is every chance that neither Ward, Erasmus or Callaghan are available at 5, and in that case, I would happily take Hobbs.
Tyler has posted here previously that he has mail that Hobbs will go within the first 3 picks.

Ward and Erasmus aren’t going top 3.

recruiters don’t just go around telling everyone who they will pick. Tyler was certain DGB was going to Sydney last year.
So was Cal Twomey, to be fair.

But you're right, these positions can/will shift once the combine is done/ more interviews are completed.

Can only go off what I'm told at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the case Adelaide take Callaghan, GCS take Hobbs or Gibcus. We likely end up with Ward
Time to word Callaghan up about not wanting to leave Vic.

so if the rumours are right with Andrew to GWS then heres my guess as to what might happen

Coll - Nick Daicos (bid)
NM - Jason Horne-Francis
WB - Sam Darcy (bid)
GWS - Mac Andrew
GCS - Callaghan or maybe Gibcus as they have been linked to him?
Adel - Hobbs
Haw - (pick of the rest) Ward, Erasmus, NWM, Goater, Rachele or Amiss?

Wouldn’t mind seeing hornes endurance results aswell. Got a sneaky suspicion he could be another cam rayner. A bloke who is super powerful but doesn’t have the endurance to play long spurts in the middle.
Perfect Danger, Martin, Petracca come to mind, Raynar was ready to build this year before his acl. It takes these powerful guys min 3yrs to build up alongside the pure runners.

All I've read the last couple of days is let's get this guy because he could be the next Petracca / Bont / Dusty and now its morphing into let's get this guy cause he could be the next Luke Jackson. The last couple of seasons it was to win the GF you have to play like Richmond. We are Hawthorn FFS and we've always discovered our own way and our own style and I really hope this hasn't been forgotten and we don't get sucked into the whole copy cat shite. We need good classy footballers that are versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back