Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:

Have they got rid of the rule where each club had to use a minimum of 3 picks in the National Draft?

I noticed Gold Coast currently only hold one pick (pick 3).

Have they got rid of the rule where each club had to use a minimum of 3 picks in the National Draft?

I noticed Gold Coast currently only hold one pick (pick 3).

There's no finite amount of picks, it continues on and on until everyone passes.

There's no finite amount of picks, it continues on and on until everyone passes.
I get that. But if you look on the AFL website, or the HUN, or anywhere else where they list what picks every club has Gold Coast are shown to only hold pick 3 and nothing else.

Given you can't use more picks than you have list spots it suggests they must currently only have one list vacancy. But if they do have more than one vacancy then why wouldn't these lists have indicative picks for Gold Coast at the end of the draft (picks 95 and 96)?

In previous years the rule has been you need to take/use 3 live picks in the national draft, and that many teams have included in that quota rookie elevations (ie. draft 1-2 kids and elevated 1-2 existing rookies to senior list). But now you're able to move players straight from the rookie list to the senior list.

So I'm wondering if that because of that change then perhaps they've changed the minimum from 3 to 1, or maybe Gold Coast are in a position where they still need to clear two list spots before the draft, at which point indicative lists will update to reflect those picks.

He's the one I desperately want - and why I was so keen on getting GWS' pick 13, I reckon he'll be thereabouts.

Just looks like he oozes, class, confidence and footy smarts - a natural. I agree with TylerDurden that he's got the makings of a future star; just wish he was ours!

Christ! So his dad was like 15years old when he was born :oops:
Not just that but that they don’t know his actual birth date apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if we went early with Wanganeen-Milera. Has atleast two elite attributes in his kicking and evasiveness. Can build the rest.

I think you are right.

In an ideal world we know we want him with our 1st so we will try and trade #5 to a later 1st whilst also improving our draft hand at the same time.

Why use #5 on him when you could theoretically get him for #10 to #13 and bring in another pick.

Here he is.

Finally get to see some of his stoppage work. Looks to have a burst while not being super quick. Like his power and size. Would be happy with him or Ward at our selection. He looks to have greater upside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back