Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of mid is he?

Similar to who ?

Well he’s just started getting mid field time. Up until recently he was a half back or wingman. But he’s gone into the middle over the last few nab league games and is excelling.

Rapid rate of improvement

Really nice movement and athleticism

Nice kick too

Inside and outside

Daicos with another 37 disposals and a goal
Darcy with 14 disposals , 8 marks and a goal
Archer with 6 disposals and 4 tackles.
Trudgeon with 30 disposals, 8 marks , 9 tackles and and kicked 1.3

What type of mid is he?

Similar to who ?

I’ve been thinking about this a bit more, and whilst I am in no way advocating Callaghan over Horne, because that would be silly at this point, I will say Callaghan would be more appropriate from a list build point of view.

Horne is a mid/fwd that can genuinely play as a fwd. we have a few of those.

Callaghan is a mid/def and looks very comfortable streaming off half back and looks to have sound defensive application.

If we missed out on Horne he would be a very welcome addition to our list and cover off a more pressing need than another mid/fwd.

A great read on Callaghan for those that missed it

I’ve been thinking about this a bit more, and whilst I am in no way advocating Callaghan over Horne, because that would be silly at this point, I will say Callaghan would be more appropriate from a list build point of view.

Callaghan is a mid/def and looks very comfortable streaming off half back and looks to have sound defensive application.

If we missed out on Horne he would be a very welcome addition to our list and cover off a more pressing need than another mid/fwd.
Seen this kid‘s name pop up a bit.....have you seen vision of him the big lebowski ? Would love to see it if you have a link

Seen this kid‘s name pop up a bit.....have you seen vision of him the big lebowski ? Would love to see it if you have a link

I’ve watched live coverage but don’t have links. There is a short clip of a long bomb goal he kicked earlier in the year, it’s just 10 seconds worth but I think it’s earlier in this thread. Otherwise he played in the academy game against Geelong so you can rewatch that. Not sure if other Sandringham games from earlier in the year are available for replay?

Priority pick 2 candidate :p

Have you ever seen him play? He is a star, have been watching him for years, best junior kick of footy I have seen, sort of player where time stops when he has the ball

Yes, twice.

Tom Mitchell is also a "star", but his stat counts were blown out of proportion for a while until folks had a sober look at him.

Nick Daicos is a very good young footballer, but he's not close to the second coming. He's a more developed version of his brother (another good footballer) at the same age.

The word is that Daicos got a bake from his coach after yesterdays Chargers game, even though he amassed 37 touches. He is currently not a very influential footballer on an influence per stat basis. This is what seperates him from Horne who impacts just about every piece of play he's in on a team level, and that's at senior level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They already have a priority pick this year albeit end of round 1 from their over the top concessions a few years ago

Time for the afl to cut their losses with GC and let them go under
Just send them to Tassie then all the problems would be solved....Tassie get their team and Afl wont keep on getting pestered, We wont be mentioned to go to Tassie and we have more home games. Win, win all the way round. :laughing:

Interesting tidbit. Makes sense given he didn’t get in the bests.

People are getting hypnotised by the stat counts, and it tends to see the kids overall impact get blown out of proportion by immature football judges or the social media observer. Of course, when someone points this out the same folks think you are shitcaning the kid and that's not the case either.

Remember, Carey isn't considered as arguably the best player of all time because he led any particular stat counts, it's about how he impacted his team when he did have those stats.

I'll take impact over numbers every time.

Just send them to Tassie then all the problems would be solved....Tassie get their team and Afl wont keep on getting pestered, We wont be mentioned to go to Tassie and we have more home games. Win, win all the way round. :laughing:
The only thing GC to barter with is the lifestyle and weather.
Imagine trying to get people to move to tassie.
Negative degree mornings, limited sun and barely any nightlife are real draw cards to get players across the line.

Negative degree mornings, limited sun and barely any nightlife are real draw cards to get players across the line.
And this is why GC teams have never won anything in any code or sport.

I thought at the time Adelaide picking him was a bit of a stretch. I watched a fair bit of him play in his draft year and I really didn’t think he was worth a top 10 pick, especially when you consider all the talent that came after him.

Adelaide have made a lot of strange picks in that 10-15 range over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ogilvie loves tassie boys and was all in tarryn that year, I suppose watching TT a lot exposed him to chayce more than others

Yes, twice.

Tom Mitchell is also a "star", but his stat counts were blown out of proportion for a while until folks had a sober look at him.

Nick Daicos is a very good young footballer, but he's not close to the second coming. He's a more developed version of his brother (another good footballer) at the same age.

The word is that Daicos got a bake from his coach after yesterdays Chargers game, even though he amassed 37 touches. He is currently not a very influential footballer on an influence per stat basis. This is what seperates him from Horne who impacts just about every piece of play he's in on a team level, and that's at senior level.
The whole charger team got a bake, wasnot Daicos specific, I know kids in the team.
His impact on games is huge, he is not just a stat padde, I can assure you of that, Icant compare him to Horne, as I have not seen him play.
cheers

Surely having Fagan coming from there would make him a good ambassador for Tassie...which would be a good starting point...

The whole charger team got a bake, wasnot Daicos specific, I know kids in the team.
His impact on games is huge, he is not just a stat padde, I can assure you of that, Icant compare him to Horne, as I have not seen him play.
cheers

I have no reason to believe your opinion holds any weight whatsoever mate.

You can barely put together a legible post. I suspect you're some 10 year old Collingwood fan boy.

cheers
If you're a north supporter you are definitely familiar with Horne and what he can do

I have no reason to believe your opinion holds any weight whatsoever mate.

You can barely put together a legible post. I suspect you're some 10 year old Collingwood fan boy.

Nice ninja edit, you fraud.

A bloke comes in who has watched him play for years, follows his team, posts a seemingly well informed post and you, a bloke who has admitted watching him play twice responds with personal abuse,dimissing his opinion.

I know who I'd believe.

If you're a north supporter you are definitely familiar with Horne and what he can do

Didn't say he wasnt familiar with Horne, just said he hadn't seen him play. Obviously watched Daicos play a lot.

Not directed at you but it's ok North people, there's no need to be insecure about how good Daicos can be.It's not a dick measuring contest between him and Horne. They can both be generational guns

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back