Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the potential top 5 prospects, there is no doubt IMO that Callaghan & Gibcus are the best fits from a “Need” perspective.

100% agree with this but would add Sinn too - I've been watching back footage of his games this year and he shouldn't be dropping down draft orders based on his games. Injury affected season has many sleeping on him and you'll read reports criticising his kicking which isn't anywhere near as bad as many are making out to be. He's actually technically an excellent kick. Biggest concern at this stage for me would be the niggling injuries he's picked up - I know we're all sick of North picking up guys who've missed a number of games through injury but Sinn is your perfect modern-day line breaking half back/wing/potential pure midfielder.

I'd be over the moon with any of Gibcus, Callaghan, Goater, Sinn or Eramus

Last edited:
100% agree with this but would add Sinn too - I've been watching back footage of his games this year and he shouldn't be dropping down draft orders based on his games. Injury affected season has many sleeping on him and you'll read reports criticising his kicking which isn't anywhere near as bad as many are making out to be. He's actually technically an excellent kick. Biggest concern at this stage for me would be the niggling injuries he's picked up - I know we're all sick of North picking up guys who've missed a number of games through injury but Sinn is your perfect modern-day line breaking half back/wing/potential pure midfielder.

I'd be over the moon with any of Gibcus, Callaghan, Goater, Sinn and Eramus
Hey Souup purely hypothetical, and this may have been asked already, but if we end up with pick #1 and GWS offer up picks #3 and #7, would you be taking that deal?

I think Horne will be something special, but the possibility of picking up Gibcus and Sinn as future replacements for Tarrant and Hall would be super tempting I reckon.

Hey Souup purely hypothetical, and this may have been asked already, but if we end up with pick #1 and GWS offer up picks #3 and #7, would you be taking that deal?

I think Horne will be something special, but the possibility of picking up Gibcus and Sinn as future replacements for Tarrant and Hall would be super tempting I reckon.

In the long run would probably be 5 and 9 for 3 which is far more palatable. I suspect GWS want two players in this draft so wouldn't interested anyway but if JK goes, maybe a different story. I'd reckon they'd be more keen on Callaghan over Horne too, a little more go-home factor worry up there.

So a PP is out of the question now I take it? 😋

Crows - dogs, PA,dees,north
Hawks - lions, pies, dogs,tiges
Pies - WC, Hawks, lions,*,
North - cats, tiges, swans, Crows

11/16 bottom 4 games are against top 8 (9)

Why AFL make run home so hard?

If we as in fans want pick 1 - most likely would be the pies beating the hawks and then the hawks causing an upset.
Or we just tank the last game

Interested to get the thoughts on peoples preferred outcome for the remainder of the season?

Win another game or 2 and continue to build momentum (end up with pick 4-6)

Not win another game and get the number 1 pick?

Interested to get the thoughts on peoples preferred outcome for the remainder of the season?

Honourable losses against Cats, Tigers and Swans ~ Reminiscent of the Dogs game.

I could genuinely see us rolling one of these sides given the form we are in however. If Thomas and Stephenson fire together in games like they did yesterday, we are going to go close to winning against anyone.

Would leave the Crows game in the last round, which is a chance to be back in SA by then. Crows have less of an incentive to lose now and absolutely touched us up earlier in the year.

I think we will definitely win one more, which will probably leave us with pick #2 given Hawthorn and Collingwood play each other.

Erasmus looks class and off both sides

Amiss would be a good KPF target for us too

I think the clubs assessment of Comben will be important.

Larkey, Comben and Edwards all fit is the nucleaus of a quality young tall forward line.

The club would probably want to strengthen the KPD stocks before the KPF stocks if they view Comben fully recovered. Especially as Tarrant looks done, Corr missed basically the entire season and we cut alot of KPD depth at the end of last year. We are bare bones for KPD depth.

If McKay cops a serious injury we are stuffed.

If we don't get pick one then I think it's a no brainer to get gibcus. Best kpd in the draft which is our biggest lack of depth atm for the future
You probably just trade in a young KPD in the next few years if needed. Or take one in the 2nd round

Corr Mckay and Walker is enough for now

If we end up the picking order then l wouldnt mind Callaghan. He would be a good fit for us....other than Horne... from what l'm seeing with senarios is that if we want Horne we cannot win another game. 1 more win will put us either 16th or 17th...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will beat Adelaide, and I see us in with a shout of knocking off both Richmond and Sydney. Geelong will strangle our ball movement. I'd say two more wins.

Continue doing what we're doing, but also get anyone needing OPs in early and have a look at few that warrant it. Let the cards fall where they may.

Haven’t watched much of the WAFL this year but is there any reason we wouldn’t pick this guy up with a later pick

20 year old 199cm key back
I’m surprised we didn’t get him with our second MSD pick Schlensog is also very athletic for his height

was talked about a bit as he was and continues to have a strong WAFL season.

I'd want that and more - throw in a second round at the very least and you'd give it a thought

In the long run would probably be 5 and 9 for 3 which is far more palatable. I suspect GWS want two players in this draft so wouldn't interested anyway but if JK goes, maybe a different story. I'd reckon they'd be more keen on Callaghan over Horne too, a little more go-home factor worry up there.
True, I know GWS have Fahey as a first round academy prospect, so I was thinking they might be keen to maximize their picks just in case he gets an early bid.

Also I don't think Horne has much go home factor really, he's a freo fan and seems pretty mature for his age, but I guess you never know.

True, I know GWS have Fahey as a first round academy prospect, so I was thinking they might be keen to maximize their picks just in case he gets an early bid.

Also I don't think Horne has much go home factor really, he's a freo fan and seems pretty mature for his age, but I guess you never know.

Isn’t he a massive Port man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back