Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 possessions, 4 tackles and kicked 1.2 towards the end of the third quarter.
Was definitely a quieter game compared to last week, but the ‘breeze’ was worth 5 goal. One thing (from a Horne watch perspective) was the fact he was always ‘in’ the game all day. Even when the momentum was with North Adelaide he was still slogging it out, trying to lay a tackle or impact the play in some way.

He doesn’t back down either. He’s gonna be a ******* ruthless prick when he’s 23 years old.

Edit: if we have him (amongst others in our midfield) we will have no trouble seducing/buying that key forward.
We need another kid like this. It’s crazy exciting to think he could be alongside LDU, Phillips, Powell, Jy etc.

Agree . From what I’ve seen of him 2 games now ,
He’s a Hard at it defender but needs to def work on his foot skills .
Just seen him miss a target with no pressure 2-3 times just in the last quarter & turn it over . Luckily didn’t cost his team a goal on any of the occasions...
He’s Already pretty much a Shaun Atley type . Should fit right in & play easily 200 plus games for us
If “deer in the headlights “ Atley has been doing & getting away with it for so long ... why can’t Jackson Archer as well hey ?
Jackson's footskills are actually on par with peak D Jarman. He's just foxing so he falls off the radar.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Was definitely a quieter game compared to last week, but the ‘breeze’ was worth 5 goal. One thing (from a Horne watch perspective) was the fact he was always ‘in’ the game all day. Even when the momentum was with North Adelaide he was still slogging it out, trying to lay a tackle or impact the play in some way.

He doesn’t back down either. He’s gonna be a ******* ruthless prick when he’s 23 years old.

Edit: if we have him (amongst others in our midfield) we will have no trouble seducing/buying that key forward.
We need another kid like this. It’s crazy exciting to think he could be alongside LDU, Phillips, Powell, Jy etc.

Agreed, with Horne that midfield group looks to have all the tools - pardon the pun.

Hey ferball enjoy your posts. This is my 2 bobs worth. Last year was a good example you liked Cambell playing great footy at the moment. Myself i liked Thilthorpe Snake and a few where keen on Phillips plenty where on Mcdonald and Hollands that is a lot of different opinions just there a few liked DBG from the Hawks so when posters blame Scott for our list now are wrong.Its not like they deliberatly picked the wrong ones i remember clearly at the time more than half the posters on here where very happy with the picks that Scott and co picked at the time but when they failed decided to change their mind and blame Scott and co for our currant list. to me its not about blame. Who will be right out of the list i mentioned who knows but in a few years time if we did not get it right do we blame the currant mob of course not sometimes it is just luck of the draw just bad luck. There is no right or wrong pick at the time just good luck if they turn out. I realize you can reduce your bad luck in away with picks to an extent but luck plays a huge part in recruiting ps i think Cambell would have been a great pick as well and phillips and the rest of them as well now i am just doing what a lot of posters do and having 2 bob on them all now i cant be wrong. Keep the good posts coming ferball.

Thilthorpe/ Hollands here. But....we have Phillips and once we insert Horne it'll be like watching pr0n.

Just yesterday i was thinking gee that Zac Butters goes alright, so does Bailey Smith then i remembered neither have a mural. Not sure why so many are focused only on the Phillips draft, a kid that hasnt even had a chance yet.

Get Horne and 4 talls thanks

Campbell will be delisted
Taz has probably only another year at the most.
Comben is injury prone.

We need talls - either through draft or trade.

I think as pressing a need is an elite user off HBF. I’d be inclined to go Horne, Banks/similar with our first two. Happy to take some talls after that.

Eastern Ranges 1.2 4.3 4.6 6.9 (45)
Oakleigh Chargers 2.5 5.6 9.6 13.9 (87)

GOALS:
Eastern Ranges: Taylor 3 Massarotti 2 Preston
Oakleigh Chargers: Thomas 4 Daicos 3 Rankin Kelvie Brown Gangi Voss Jenkins

BEST:
Eastern Ranges: Weatherill Massarotti Begg Keeling Sonsie Taylor
Oakleigh Chargers: Thomas Daicos Worner Moyle Darcy Thompson

Bendigo Pioneers 2.3 5.7 5.7 12.12 (84)
Gippsland Power 1.3 1.5 1.5 3.6 (24)

GOALS:
Bendigo Pioneers: Hamilton 2 Stevens 2 Mitchell Humphreys Conforti Gallagher Hickman Ernst O'Keefe Hamilton
Gippsland Power: Papley Noblett McRae

BEST:
Bendigo Pioneers: Hamilton Guiney O'Keefe Maxted Hickman Hamilton
Gippsland Power: Moschetti D'Angelo Walton Serong McGrath Turton

Greater Western Victoria Rebels 2.2 5.4 7.7 8.9 (57)
Dandenong Stingrays 2.2 3.5 4.6 7.6 (48)

GOALS:
Greater Western Victoria Rebels: Simpson 3 Petersen Butler Scott Lockett Lohmann
Dandenong Stingrays: Bergman 3 Cahill Robinson Gay Clarke

BEST:
Greater Western Victoria Rebels: Hodgson Molan Herbert Lovison Bambury Breuer
Dandenong Stingrays: Bergman Cahill Davies Didomenicantonio Macdonald Andrew

Geelong Falcons 0.0 0.0 0.0 2.14 (26)
Murray Bushrangers 0.0 0.0 0.0 12.11 (83)

GOALS:
Geelong Falcons: Lord Young
Murray Bushrangers: Rachele 4 McLeod 2 Murray 2 Panuccio Cooper Bowden Hart

BEST:
Geelong Falcons: Conway Gribble Sorgiovanni Kilpatrick Bove Barrow
Murray Bushrangers: Norton Turner Rachele Parnell Panuccio Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think as pressing a need is an elite user off HBF. I’d be inclined to go Horne, Banks/similar with our first two. Happy to take some talls after that.
Are there going to be any decent talls at around pick 20
Could pick up the likes of Raak mid year if he keeps impressing.

AFL draft 2021: Footy over cricket call paying off for Subiaco and Hale School gun Neil Erasmus

Jordan McArdle
The West Australian
Mon, 12 April 2021

Subiaco young gun Neil Erasmus is reaping the benefits of “putting the cover drive away” to chase his AFL dream.
The athletic midfielder-forward has been the Lions’ best across the first two weekends of the WAFL colts season, making the most of his move into the engine room.
Erasmus was the shining light against East Perth on Good Friday and backed it up with a starring role on Saturday as the reigning premiers produced a 108-point turnaround from the opening round to beat East Fremantle.

A four-goal hero in last season’s colts grand final win over Claremont, the 17-year-old is averaging 28.5 possessions and nine marks this season in a different role.
His premiership coach Chayce Creedy thinks his purple patch has a lot to do with taking the summer off cricket to focus on getting a massive pre-season under his belt.
Erasmus was a prolific run-scorer in district juniors for Scarborough, scoring an unbeaten century in under-14s a few seasons ago.
He also played four third-grade matches last year, including a top score of 79 as a 16-year-old, and featured in a WACA talent identification carnival among the best young talent in the State.

Neil Erasmus in action against East Perth in round one.

Neil Erasmus in action against East Perth in round one. Credit: Jack Foley Photography

“We couldn’t just leave him forward, he wasn’t going to develop that way so he needed to come in and play midfield,” Creedy said at the weekend.
“It’s taken him a little while to get his head around what that actually looks like and all that sort of stuff, but the last two weeks he’s been outstanding.
“He was extremely good in a pretty ordinary side last week and built on that again today.
“He’s extremely diligent in his approach to gym work or anything strength and conditioning, he puts in the work and it shows.
“He goes deep into quarters because he can and that’s due to the work he’s put in, both at Hale and at Subi.
“He’s in extremely good nick and he’s had a pre-season where he hasn’t been injured.

Neil Erasmus in action against East Perth in round one.

Neil Erasmus in action against East Perth in round one. Credit: Jack Foley Photography

“He’s put the cover drive away to focus on footy and that’s where his opportunities are going to lie, that’s the way he’s decided which is good for us and good for the game.
“If he can clean up going inside 50, he’s going to be even more damaging.”
Eramus has one match to go at Subiaco before he returns to his final year of PSA footy at Hale School.
Fellow midfielder Matt Johnson was a welcome return for the Lions, impressing in his first game back from a minor quad issue.
Johnson amassed 17 disposals to go with a classy third-quarter goal, playing about 75 per cent game time and splitting between inside midfield and wing.
“I just liked the way he came back today, he was excited to play and was ready to play footy again so it’s a really good story,” Creedy said.
Jed Kemp, nephew of West Coast great Dean, was another big performer for Subiaco, laying a whopping 11 tackles to go with 27 possessions and the sealer.
For East Fremantle, on-baller Josh Browne (32 disposals) continued his dominant start to the season and smooth-moving big man Jack Williams did some exciting things.
Williams, who trained with Fremantle during the week as part of his AFL Academy commitments, finished with two majors from 17 touches and nine marks, including an impressive snap out of congestion.

Are there going to be any decent talls at around pick 20

Yes.

Last year was an anomaly, but generally the 3rd-4th best KPP gets taken in most years around the end of the first round.

We are still likely to get the 3rd or 4th best KPP in the entire draft @ pick 19-21.

We may even have a second pick in this range if we get an end of R1 PP.

If Dumont leaves through FA, we may even get a third.

1618181882913.png

1618181931734.png

1618181967482.png

Last edited:

I'm convinced one of these Sudanese kids is going to be the next NN (I know he's Fijian....)

Jiath looks amazing off half back for Hawthorn.

Aliir is one of the best CHB's in the league atm.

It's only a matter of time before a really elite ruckman or even a truly elite midfielder comes along.

Their athletcisim is just off the charts.

Even Majak, who had serious limitations in his footy IQ and game awareness looked like a world beater at times and he started playing at 16.

More and more kids in their community are taking the game up at u/9's, it a matter of when, not if one of these kids is a Brownlow/AFL MVP contender.

Would love if Mac emerged as a genuine top 20 option and Melbourne can't match our second round pick. They provide such a point of difference to the lineup athletically.

Last edited:
Thilthorpe/ Hollands here. But....we have Phillips and once we insert Horne it'll be like watching pr0n.

Just yesterday i was thinking gee that Zac Butters goes alright, so does Bailey Smith then i remembered neither have a mural. Not sure why so many are focused only on the Phillips draft, a kid that hasnt even had a chance yet.
Agreed.
Simpkin at 12 in his draft class is actually looking shrewd.

Agreed.
Simpkin at 12 in his draft class is actually looking shrewd.
No harsher critique of our drafting over the 2010s than me, but they did show some ticker by taking Simpkin. I know he slid, but that was for a reason, and the bad injury he suffered - it was still a risk taking him at 11 or 12, and if it had gone wrong, where would we be now? So marks to the previous administration at least on that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back