Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this one out there as it's a little bit of an unpopular view but one I feel quite strongly about at the moment...

I'd take Jack Williams over Van Rooyen in terms of best key position player in this draft quite comfortably and currently have Williams in my top 5. Has the flexibility of being able to play part time ruck with his athleticism and has no issue finding the ball around the ground.

Looking forward to see how he continues to develop this year and hopefully sneaks some WAFL Senior experience in at some stage to see how he goes against men.

I'd love for him to sneak under the radar and slip into the late 1st/2nd round but I can't see that happening. My tip is that by season's end he will be rated widely as a top 5 player.

What are your views on Fisher McAsey? There are some murmurs he wants back to Melbourne, is a very good size, and has two years of development in an AFL system. We would also be able to either lock him in or not ahead of the draft whereas we would be hoping for one of Van Rooyen or Williams to drop to our second pick.

How would you feel about a ruck/key position cohort of Larkey, Comben, Xerri, Edwards, McAsey?

Amazing really, they really could have kept their first pick which at current point would be pick 2 and ended up with pick 2 and Daicos going into a points deficit.

If they were playing better they could have moved the pick in this years trade period, before the draft.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't expect to see them in 17th at year's end though.

Have you seen Darcy's kid yet?

I haven't yet. There are a number of Vic kids I haven't seen much of yet and he's one of them. I'd rather watch a bit more footy and reserve my opinion until I feel like I have a good grasp on how I rate them. I'll be able to share a little more as the year progresses.

What are your views on Fisher McAsey? There are some murmurs he wants back to Melbourne, is a very good size, and has two years of development in an AFL system. We would also be able to either lock him in or not ahead of the draft whereas we would be hoping for one of Van Rooyen or Williams to drop to our second pick.

How would you feel about a ruck/key position cohort of Larkey, Comben, Xerri, Edwards, McAsey?

Honestly felt at the time that he was overrated and nothing's changed my perspective on him since then. The main issue I have with him is that he's lacking in basically every athletic category - his top speed is not great, poor acceleration, is quite easily moved off the ball due to being quite weak despite his size and he doesn't possess a great leap. I'm not sure how he tests for endurance. He's also not a great 1 on 1 defender, but due to his eye-catching intercept marking, I think many were willing to overlook his poor defensive work at times.

They'd want more than I'd be willing to offer them which is about a 3rd rounder.

I haven't yet. There are a number of Vic kids I haven't seen much of yet and he's one of them. I'd rather watch a bit more footy and reserve my opinion until I feel like I have a good grasp on how I rate them. I'll be able to share a little more as the year progresses.

Honestly felt at the time that he was overrated and nothing's changed my perspective on him since then. The main issue I have with him is that he's lacking in basically every athletic category - his top speed is not great, poor acceleration, is quite easily moved off the ball due to being quite weak despite his size and he doesn't possess a great leap. I'm not sure how he tests for endurance. He's also not a great 1 on 1 defender, but due to his eye-catching intercept marking, I think many were willing to overlook his poor defensive work at times.

They'd want more than I'd be willing to offer them which is about a 3rd rounder.

He would be out of contract and a candidate for pick 1 in the PSD. By the sounds of things, you would see better use of that particular pick?

He sounds like Durdin!

On a excitement scale of Ben Cunnington to Luke McDonald, how excited should we be about Horne?

On that scale my understanding is Wayne Carey.

On that scale my understanding is Wayne Carey.

I can see Shaun Atley turning up to Horne's house on draft night to hand over the number 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Shaun Atley turning up to Horne's house on draft night to hand over the number 18.
This is Shaun’s entrance on national TV and his first time meeting the Horne-Bag..

Knowing Shaun's inability to hit a target with a pass, he'd probably turn up to Horne's neighbour's house with the jumper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back