Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no footy in 2020 with Vic. Right now this stuff would have to be pretty speculative.

The cascading effect from this year is that 2021 is likely to bring a bunch of kids who were draft-able this year but couldn't show it to the fore.

one would hope that happens and a huge amount of top agers come through and we can pick up some third round bargain F/S selections...

I expect the better Bailey gets the more that recruiters will look at Darby.

Pretty sure one of Longmire's kids would be in this draft as well although I don't think they're good enough to play at AFL level.

With the likely possibility we are going to be in the bottom few again, I'll start taking a look at 2021 and beyond.

Here is an early list of the 2021 draft prospects to kick things off:

WA
Jacob Van Rooyen

More Info and videos to come

Been meaning to watch him for Claremont, I heard some positive things about him

Jason Horne

Jason Horne
South Adelaide/South Australia
184cm 75kg
Midfielder

Horne is a powerhouse midfielder who attacks the ball hard and fast and equally so when tackling so he has a great balance to his midfield game, he is also capable playing other positions if needed with his ability overhead and class and clean hands with the ball. Plenty out of SA think he could even push for senior selection this year.

Right, 41 seconds into that first clip and he's the must-have 'HORNE-DOG!', moves like a #GAJbitch on #thebigstix

Whats the word on these 2?

Darby Scott (NM F/S)
Jackson Archer (NM F/S)
No school or Nab league footy to assess them on this year. Not sure if others have seen them in previous years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if ridic Q, but that’s a massive list.....why just Tony?
Not a ridiculous question at all mate, appears the article was back in 2017. Meaning most of the kids were 15 some of them probs didn’t cut it or just gave it away would be my guess.

edit: girls on that list too.

Not a ridiculous question at all mate, appears the article was back in 2017. Meaning most of the kids were 15 some of them probs didn’t cut it or just gave it away would be my guess.
ok cheers for that. Is there anywhere we can see who are our actual NGA draft eligibles. Hilarious that out of 50-60 kids we have 1.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

Jonty McIvor
Liam Flanigan

Are both NGA prospects next year also.

Both were in the national u/16 flying Boomerang Squads and both featured for Tassie in the u/16 carnivals in 2018/2019.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back