Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Tas prospect to look out for - Baynen Lowe - another one listed as an NGA

Another Tas prospect to look out for - Baynen Lowe - another one listed as an NGA

4 x NGA prospects + Archer and Scott as FS.

Let's then hope they hold off altering the NGA for a season so we can have a look at them.

Let's also hope Tassie can compete in the NAB League in 2021, like they were scheduled to do in 2020. We will have a much better gauge on them than any other year to date if they compete in the NAB League.

4 x NGA prospects + Archer and Scott as FS.

Let's then hope they hold off altering the NGA for a season so we can have a look at them.

Let's also hope Tassie can compete in the NAB League in 2021, like they were scheduled to do in 2020. We will have a much better gauge on them than any other year to date if they compete in the NAB League.
Let's hope so.

Do you have any other u16 lists that we can cross reference with the NGA list?

View attachment 972156
Apart from Tassie, we have this area.
Has it, or will it ever produce anything for us?
Or is it Footballing Siberia?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wyndham Vale is one of largest growing corridors in Victoria. I'll expect some more talent to come out of Wyndham, Point Cook, Hoppers, Werribee as the area continues to grow.

1601243265018.png

I understand that these youngsters may still have a few cm's of growth in them but there isn't a bloke over 195cm's in the top 30.

That tells me its mids mids mids next year - that could influence what we do this year - ie maybe take one mid and one key position with our first 2 picks this year rather then 2 mids?

I understand that these youngsters may still have a few cm's of growth in them but there isn't a bloke over 195cm's in the top 30.

That tells me its mids mids mids next year - that could influence what we do this year - ie maybe take one mid and one key position with our first 2 picks this year rather then 2 mids?

Draft watchers have been saying this for a while. If you're in the top 10 it's a good time to grab a KPP (or in our case, potentially 2 of them)

Next year's draft looks pretty close to a superdraft from this far out and it's stacked with midfield talent.

Last edited:
Draft watchers have been saying this for a while. If you're in the top 10 it's a good time to grab a KPP (or in our case, potentially 2 of them)

Next year's draft looks pretty close to a superdraft from this far out and it's stacked with midfield talent.

So it’s going to be pretty hard to get any future picks for our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it’s going to be pretty hard to get any future picks for our players.

We were stupid enough to do it in 2018 for Polec. The only other team that did was Brisbane in order to acquire Lachie Neale who's going to win the Brownlow.

So yeah, from my perspective it's hard to see many teams trading out of next year's draft

Horne may be the best consolation prize of the last decade.

I don't say that lightly given the strength of the 2018 draft and given how well Rowell played this year.

He's a Judd level talent. They don't come around too often.

Horne may be the best consolation prize of the last decade.

I don't say that lightly given the strength of the 2018 draft and given how well Rowell played this year.

He's a Judd level talent. They don't come around too often.

Just hope we don't go rising at the wrong time. We already stuffed the chance to load up in the 2018 draft.

Just hope we don't go rising at the wrong time. We already stuffed the chance to load up in the 2018 draft.

Spot on GR, for a side that was supposedly aggressively resetting, we f***** up not getting an earlier pick in the 2018 draft.

I'd be worried of stuffing 2021 up too, if we were signing Williams, Saad etc. + Retaining all senior players.

However now that the rebuild seems to be in full flight, very hard to see us not being bottom 4 next year, and it is the perfect time to do it.

I have a lot of worries about the club at the moment but us rising in 2021 is not one of them. There's just no chance of it.

It won’t be that hard - we nearly beat the blues, hawks , swans and close to a few other teams.

And that was with quite a few players out and us clearly tanking.
There’s not many quality teams in this league

It won’t be that hard - we nearly beat the blues, hawks , swans and close to a few other teams.

And that was with quite a few players out and us clearly tanking.
There’s not many quality teams in this league
Yep and we'll again be one of the worst quality ones going around. Good chance to be the outright worst like we finished this season.

Yep and we'll again be one of the worst quality ones going around. Good chance to be the outright worst like we finished this season.

The sport has turned into glorified rugby - just need a game plan and to play to our strengths.

On any day 14 of the 18 can beat each other.

The sport has turned into glorified rugby - just need a game plan and to play to our strengths.

On any day 14 of the 18 can beat each other.

Agree completely. That's part of the reason I believe in a measured rebuild and not looking 5 year + plans. We should honestly and realistically be thinking 2022 isn't out of the question for finals - and planning for that to occur, obviously without compromising the long term plan on that chance and granted plenty of water under the bridge. A 2022 target to begin getting serious about competing is a decent 2 year grab at the draft with some talent already on the list from 2016 onwards.

Hard to say, we flogged the living crap out of Adelaide mid season when we were far from doing well. I still think there is enough talent, some of it mature (as in not <21) to provide some decent competition with a full list available. We will have very close to nothing depth wise though given we're going to or already have cut 99% of it to provide further room for drafting. Going to be interesting though to see where we are at come end of trade and drafting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back