Palpatine

Premium Gold
Jun 9, 2010
Launceston
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Kentucky Wildcats
I've cross referenced the names from the U18 TAS All Stars game and our NGA listings. We had 17 players in this game.

Name - Team - Eligible year

Oliver Sanders - North - 2020

Baynen Lowe - North - 2021
Jono Pullen - South - 2022
Dominic White - South - 2021
Bryce Alomes - South - 2022
Alex Davies - North - 2020
Lachlan Cowan - North - 2022
Sam Foley - North - 2021
Sam Sherriff - North - 2021
Jake Dixon -North - 2021
Michael Stingel - North - 2021
Denzel McLean - North - 2021
Jonty McIvor - North - 2021
Ryan Whitney - North - 2021
Tony Aganas - North - 2021
Zac Morris - North - 2021

Logan Elphinstone - North - 2022
Stingel is 2020, he is born in 2002.

Don't know all these guys but apart from Aganas and maybe Pullen how many of these would fit the NGA requirements for us to have access too?

Yes, this is a tad pre-emptive, but let's say they are going 'full rebuild', who is our draft threat?

Hawks have form and openly spoke about development intentions this year.
Crows showed form late, but are no certainty to run on with it.
Swans look to hit draft pay load this year so with a number returning from injury they should kick on.
Suns get Rowell and another preseason into youth, would be gunning for improvement.

So then, who?
* on shaky ground. Potential exodus, talk of cultural issues. Could feature down low.

Every other club would be looking to improve on the years ladder position.

So, looks like north, Hawks, and *, both with a history for undermining the competition. It's going to get ugly.

Stingel is 2020, he is born in 2002.

Don't know all these guys but apart from Aganas and maybe Pullen how many of these would fit the NGA requirements for us to have access too?
Thanks.

I'm not certain of their eligibility at this stage. Some of them could be a 'Sam Banks' type listing.

So stunningly short sighted.

I want to go to the footy and watch freakish talent tear it up, dominate games, and get this club back the playing respect it had in the 90's.

I see the club's failure differently. I see a repeat of the past 10-13 years a failure, and one that might end up being more costly than ONE more season like the one we just had.

I see the position the club is in right now as the makings of success, not failure.

I see a certain level of sureness, confidence, intent and direction shown be the club in recent times.

I see winning games with an exciting batch of youth far more lucrative to bringing in mature talent when the time comes.

You get a generational draftee like Horne making a statement, on top of players like LDU, Simpkin, TT, and the next tier stepping up, and the competition will take notice, commentary will morph from blue collar roots into exciting young list, worth nothing on its own, but accompanied by wins means much more. It WILL be easier to recruit FA's when we have a younger list that for the first time in 20 years actually resembles the core of a team that looks set for a sustained run at the finals footy.

I see this rebuild as absolutely required for success, for crowd numbers, for club following, for survival.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Thanks.

I'm not certain of their eligibility at this stage. Some of them could be a 'Sam Banks' type listing.

The guys mentioned on the other page are eligible obviously.

You have to be aboriginal to represent the Boomerangs. Which automatically qualifies you for NGA pre-selection.

The guys mentioned on the other page are eligible obviously.

You have to be aboriginal to represent the Boomerangs. Which automatically qualifies you for NGA pre-selection.
Well that's good to know.

I've also asked the club for an updated listing of our NGA prospects.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
We need to get another first in the top 12 this year.

3 x top 12 picks could net us some serious high end talent and also keep our own first for 2021 which sounds like it should be a midfield smorgasbord.

We need to chase the Cats (11) with the Higgo deal and maybe use the Polec deal to get us something to look forward to next year, package him up with a future second to get another future first maybe..

Throw in BBB for *scums future 1st (with pick swaps) and our drafting could resemble something like..

2020 - 3 x first rounders (1 x KPF, 1 x KPD, 1 x mid) and Corr as FA.
2021 - 3 x first rounders (2 x gun mids, 1 x gun ruckman) and JK as FA.

make it happen Eugene Rawlings..

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

3 x top 12 picks could net us some serious high end talent and also keep our own first for 2021 which sounds like it should be a midfield smorgasbord.

We need to chase the Cats (11) with the Higgo deal and maybe use the Polec deal to get us something to look forward to next year, package him up with a future second to get another future first maybe..

Throw in BBB for *scums future 1st (with pick swaps) and our drafting could resemble something like..

Approved.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hey Sherm, I can't find the dice

this must be good

One for the future

Meet ‘Bubba D’: The brother of Liam Ryan is flyin’ onto the scene

Liam Ryan's brother Bubba D Ryan in action in Geraldton

AFL defenders be warned.

If West Coast’s spring-heeled All-Australian forward Liam Ryan is not enough to give them sleepless nights, another Flyin’ Ryan is on the way.
Liam’s younger brother Darren, or “Bubba D”, is making a name for himself with the Geraldton Rovers colts team in the Great Northern Football league.

Greg “Jock” O’Malley, a Geraldton football icon, describes Bubba D as Liam Ryan Mark II. And he can MARK IT TOO.

Picture: Barry Mitchell / Snap Action

“You would swear you are looking at Liam. He looks the same, he walks the same. Except that he’s a left-footer,” O’Malley said.

“It’s like Liam Mark II.

“This little bloke played colts at the weekend. He’s just turned 15, he’s been playing against the under 19s (colts). He’s been 14 for most of the year.

“And he’s just got it. A couple of weeks ago. I saw him kick one from 45 metres out, gun barrel straight.

“He kicks the ball and holds the ball the same like Liam. He lands on the ground and you’d swear you are looking at Liam. Then the little neat, chip kick like Liam.

“You see how Liam kicks those balls from the boundary line, looks in field and then spears one through, well that’s what this kid can do. At 14-15. And Liam was doing that when he was 14-15.”

Dad Darren “Snotty” Ryan is still playing too, at 46. Two weeks ago, he kicked a goal with a bouncing run from half-back in Rovers’ preliminary final loss.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
One for the future

AFL defenders be warned.

If West Coast’s spring-heeled All-Australian forward Liam Ryan is not enough to give them sleepless nights, another Flyin’ Ryan is on the way.
Liam’s younger brother Darren, or “Bubba D”, is making a name for himself with the Geraldton Rovers colts team in the Great Northern Football league.

Greg “Jock” O’Malley, a Geraldton football icon, describes Bubba D as Liam Ryan Mark II. And he can MARK IT TOO.

“You would swear you are looking at Liam. He looks the same, he walks the same. Except that he’s a left-footer,” O’Malley said.

“It’s like Liam Mark II.

“This little bloke played colts at the weekend. He’s just turned 15, he’s been playing against the under 19s (colts). He’s been 14 for most of the year.

“And he’s just got it. A couple of weeks ago. I saw him kick one from 45 metres out, gun barrel straight.

“He kicks the ball and holds the ball the same like Liam. He lands on the ground and you’d swear you are looking at Liam. Then the little neat, chip kick like Liam.

“You see how Liam kicks those balls from the boundary line, looks in field and then spears one through, well that’s what this kid can do. At 14-15. And Liam was doing that when he was 14-15.”

Dad Darren “Snotty” Ryan is still playing too, at 46. Two weeks ago, he kicked a goal with a bouncing run from half-back in Rovers’ preliminary final loss.

Pass.

Would rather we take a chance on a 180cm stodgy no fixed position foot soldier with top age year back injuries who isn't sure if he wants to play footy.

Still think we're way too far out to be relying too much on finishing position next year. A lot can change in a year and I wouldn't be counting on being rock bottom at this point. I'd be hard pressed to see how we could play worse than this year and - so far - the changes we've made don't change that view all that much with a full healthy list to pick from. Even Higgins if he went was pushed from a non core role this year intentionally.

I would be very happy though if we could back up 2-3 top 15 picks this year with getting an extra 1-2 in a similar range next year so that we have depth in two drafts irrespective of ladder position. The idea of picking up a once in a decade talent is always appealing when your team is struggling but you can't write off an entire year of wins this far out based on this idea, have to approach the season with the best intentions of being competitive in each game until the year shapes up.

One for the future

AFL defenders be warned.

“It’s like Liam Mark II.

Are you starting a 2023 draft thread for him giantroo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back