Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Status
Not open for further replies.

WD Roo

All Australian
Dec 18, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I see the Cresswell boys are still in our NGA. What are the chances of the AFL changing the rules to suit the Swines?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I see the Cresswell boys are still in our NGA. What are the chances of the AFL changing the rules to suit the Swines?

They already have.

In two years we won't be able to match a bid inside of the top 40 of the draft for them, but Sydney will be able to match a top 40 bid for them under the F/S rule.

WD Roo

All Australian
Dec 18, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They already have.

In two years we won't be able to match a bid inside of the top 40 of the draft for them, but Sydney will be able to match a top 40 bid for them under the F/S rule.
Getting sick of the moving goalposts. Image if we were still linked to Ballarat, we could effectively have JUH (given the Rebels are now more representative of the WD rather than just Ballarat).

Dangercrow32

Draftee
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
GiantRoo how do u rate the 2021 draft to 2020?

I really like the look of Sonsie, Horne and Murley. Horne has the scope to be a premier player of the league and Murley possesses the explosiveness at stoppage like Dangerfield. Sonsie looks like a very smart and crafty player.

GiantRoo how do u rate the 2021 draft to 2020?

I really like the look of Sonsie, Horne and Murley. Horne has the scope to be a premier player of the league and Murley possesses the explosiveness at stoppage like Dangerfield. Sonsie looks like a very smart and crafty player.
Midfield wise, easily one of the best. Very light on for KPP at this stage.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Maybe the talls we rated were gone early.

Yeh the logic of not taking a tall is confusing me.

We couldn't get Ugle-Hagan or Thilthorpe.

We obviously rated Phillips above the next immediate subset of talls - McDonald, Reid, Cox.

The next run of players were smalls and mediums (including Powell) until Neale who went just before our 3rd pick. No talls of reputational note went after that.

In conclusion there were 5x high grade talls in the entire draft, 2 were gone before our pick and the others were all gone by pick 9. Can't do much about that.

We obviously rated Phillips above the next immediate subset of talls - McDonald, Reid, Cox.

The next run of players were smalls and mediums (including Powell) until Neale who went just before our 3rd pick. No talls of reputational note went after that.

In conclusion there were 5x high grade talls in the entire draft, 2 were gone before our pick and the others were all gone by pick 9. Can't do much about that.
Rookie draft is where we should have taken talls and let them develop

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm thinking that those taller players are ones we'll target in the mid-season. They'll be 19 and more seasoned. It will be much clearer which of Kolar, Callow, Baldwin (if he was fit) etc will make it then.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
More mids, yes please ✔️

2021 isn’t gonna be easy on-field, but getting access to one of these Star Mids will be worth it with the excellent crop we now have.

Don’t stress about KPPs. Primary focus is building an elite midfield that can get it to Larkey and our other dynamic forwards quickly. I have no doubt we will take one via mid season or next draft, but they will be raw and take time.

If we need one urgently in the next couple years (if Comben doesn’t come on & J.Walker doesn’t work) we will hit FA.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have Collingwood mates saying Nick Daicos is a clear number one. Where is he actually ranked as of right now??

Of course they would.

I'm sure they have watched plenty of Carey Grammar football.

He's never played in the NAB League and only played school football so far.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I still reckon we did the right thing looking back it all .
Logan MAC - still unsure about the 1 season he had (he wasn’t even talked about earlier in the year )
Elijah H - acl risk & hope he can talk walk walk the talk . I actually found him F#cking annoying when he talked ! God help his teammates!
The 2 defensive talls * took - one if not both smelt of a Lauchie Hansen recruit .
So Yeah Phillips all the way 👍👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back